Pirates 2015

steveviscious89

I want some big pirate sets to make up for not having any as a child despite thinking they were awesome. Unfortunately pirates and castle are very run-of-the-mill these days, so the only one I could envision purchasing would be the ship and only if it was significantly discounted.

I wish they'd bring back the big ships, the fortresses, enchanted islands, etc. but I guess kids just aren't as into these themes nowadays.

I am not the one who tends to complain about price, but that ship is waaaay overpriced. Even the LotR ship was cheaper, with much more minifigs and license. In the end LEGO will say sales did not turn out as expected so they are ending the line.

Edited by inversion

What I don't get is that, with the clear popularity of EVERY well-done ship TLG has done, they don't make them more grand and in more variations. And more frequently, as well.

The Black Pearl/Queen Anne's Revenge/Imperial Flagship was the right direction for Lego ships... this isn't. We'll see how it all plays out, I suppose.

In the final sentence of the Brick Bounty review the reviewer expressed the desire for the Imperials to get their own ship to oppose the Mighty Brick Bounty. Make it happen LEGO and make it of the the scale of the Imperial Flagship.

Why ? They managed to fight off the BB from that blue row boat just fine :D

I would not mind seeing a LEGO Man of War ;)

• Like 1

We took the kids up to LDC in Toronto today; Noticed that they had all of the new Pirates line in the shop on the way out.  You have to understand it took every fibre of my being to not grab a copy of every set to take home; however I don't think my wife would have let me get into the car for the trip home if I had.  :(

Looks like I'm going to have to buy one at a time over time.