Pirates 2015

steveviscious89

This set is a buy for me even without significant discounts.  It's a classic theme, there won't be another pirate ship for at least a few years, it's been on the market for less than a year, and it currently has a 4-digit sales rank at Amazon.  It's an easy call given all of those factors.  Even at the current price of around $95, it will easily yield at least 40% after tax profit within a year.

Here's another consideration, think how many people have held off buying this because they thought they had more time? Pirates is a classic theme that dates back to the late eighties, there are fans young and old. If you're on the fence about the Brick Bounty check a few reviews, and more specifically comments. Nostalgic fans as well as children are enjoying this set. If nothing rivals this in the near future there is no reason why it won't garner fantastic returns.

Here's another consideration, think how many people have held off buying this because they thought they had more time? Pirates is a classic theme that dates back to the late eighties, there are fans young and old. If you're on the fence about the Brick Bounty check a few reviews, and more specifically comments. Nostalgic fans as well as children are enjoying this set. If nothing rivals this in the near future there is no reason why it won't garner fantastic returns.

Cant disagree with you there. But with the new POTC films coming up and it being Disney and all surely there's going to be a Lego line to go along with that (which would include a ship I'd have thought).

Although if there isn't then that's yet another reason for this set to go NUTS!

Cant disagree with you there. But with the new POTC films coming up and it being Disney and all surely there's going to be a Lego line to go along with that (which would include a ship I'd have thought).

Although if there isn't then that's yet another reason for this set to go NUTS!

Another ship? Hope it ain't a rehash of the black pearl or queen Anne's!

I was faced with a similar question at TRU yesterday... get a Brick Bounty 70413 (have zero in my inventory)... or 2 more Wall-E (already have a handful)?  I had to go for Wall-E again...  Maybe this set is a good money maker at a $65 buy in... but better than the other options out there right now?  I don't know.

Has anyone said it yet? ... I think the Bounty could have done much better with black sails ... or even white sails (with a black skull & crossbones)... why did they do the red & white stripe?  Is there some historical accuracy to that or something?  It just looks like a kids birthday party, not a fearsome pirate ship.

I've been buying two Wall-E's for every on Bounty to avoid this dilemma

• Like 1

I just did a glance on sales with some previous ships, and I think i'm going to stay away on this one.  This is one of those lines that if it's vastly horded, it could take forever to off load them.  6243 hit around 180.00 in August for NIB...  While that's almost 2x, the set is from 2009 and retailed for 99.99, like the Brick Bounty. 

• Like 1

Perhaps cowboys and pirates are no longer themes that interest kids - it´s all Minecraft and futuristic fantasy adventures.

Certainly, if the pirate range has been pulled it will be some time before they try again. Amazed they gave Bionicle another chance.

Straight up western bandits and seafaring swashbucklers might not the 'in thing' for kids these days which could explain why there are blends floating out there like space pirates and steampunk cowboys because why not. Haha. Considering the effect Bionicle had for the LEGO brand when introduced years ago, its reemergence I find the least surprising. The online animated series on LEGO's YouTube channel is alright but has much room for improvement like getting more than one voice actor for starters.

I just did a glance on sales with some previous ships, and I think i'm going to stay away on this one.  This is one of those lines that if it's vastly horded, it could take forever to off load them.  6243 hit around 180.00 in August for NIB...  While that's almost 2x, the set is from 2009 and retailed for 99.99, like the Brick Bounty. 

Hoarding should not be an issue considering it only came out in March. Lack of demand might well be, but we have seen how well Arctic Plane did with a similar shelf life.

TRU Mid-Atlantic warehouse has Zero in inventory as of now. Doesn't mean they won't get a restock but I wiped out my store yesterday. If you use the $5 off $25 the 20% and 15% it comes out to $70.54 before rewards, GC, endless earnings and you get the Bricktober. 

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 1

70413 is a newer version of 6243 Brickbeards Bounty. There's not a great deal of difference between the two sets so naturally most will opt for the cheaper 70413, this in term will have a detrimental effect on the price of the older set. I don't think the comparison is an indication of post EOL success as when retired the 70413 should have no retail competition (assuming there is no new Pirate ship releases)