Pirates 2015

steveviscious89

This has probably already been discussed, but I think the entry level set is overpriced at $12.99. It has 2 figs and some other pieces, compared to say the Fire/Demolition Starter Packs which each pack 4 minifigs and a vehicle and even the Chima tribe packs, I just don't see why this set is not $9.99 as well, it's not a licensed theme ala Star Wars and Super Heroes, so it's not like they have to pay more. 

It's only $3, but it annoys me. :)

This has probably already been discussed, but I think the entry level set is overpriced at $12.99. It has 2 figs and some other pieces, compared to say the Fire/Demolition Starter Packs which each pack 4 minifigs and a vehicle and even the Chima tribe packs, I just don't see why this set is not $9.99 as well, it's not a licensed theme ala Star Wars and Super Heroes, so it's not like they have to pay more. 

It's only $3, but it annoys me. :)

Some of the pricing with what you get has been oddly inconsistent this year. A few things such as the Chima tribe packs could have included one more character for a total of four minifigures like any other battlepack instead of three and as you brought up the smallest Pirates set could have included two more minifigures (one pirate, one bluecoat). So far the small City starter sets offer the best in terms of characters and pieces for your money really. The Swamp Police Starter Set is quite good with two bayou bandits, two rangers, and the new gator aside from a select amount of parts. Altogether most everything is priced well but when you put two same sized sets beside one another it makes you question why the odd dollar difference?

Here are reviews on Eurobricks for 70411 Treasure Island and 70412 Soldiers' Fort.

I am just grateful to see this line back in any form whatsoever. The ship is fantastic.... will compliment the Queen Anne's Revenge and Black Pearl quite nicely.

Pirates was possibly my second favorite theme behind Space but honestly they both sort of tied back then. In my scenarios the pirates were always the good guys. I guess now they would be so bad ....they're good. ;) One of these days LEGO should mix the two together and release Space Pirates.
  • Like 2

I would not have minded a more expanded line... but am very grateful for the theme nonetheless.

We bought our kids the Coast Guard ship for Christmas, and- as should have been anticipated- they LOVE the sharks included with the set, and say "meh" to the boat itself.

I've probably played with it more than them, lol.

While my Walmart has just a couple of this theme's sets, Target has almost all which happens to include The Brick Bounty. Well the box is big therefore catching my gaze somewhat but it does appear like a rather bare bones ship with basically only the flags signifying anything associated with piracy on the high seas. Frankly all the other sets in the line get my attention yet the 'flagship' does not unfortunately. Black Pearl, Flying Dutchman, Pirate Ship Ambush, these grabbed me. The Brick Bounty simply does not. Now the characters are nice but the build could be so much more unique and should scream "I'm a pirate and it's my duty to plunder your booty!".

While my Walmart has just a couple of this theme's sets, Target has almost all which happens to include The Brick Bounty. Well the box is big therefore catching my gaze somewhat but it does appear like a rather bare bones ship with basically only the flags signifying anything associated with piracy on the high seas. Frankly all the other sets in the line get my attention yet the 'flagship' does not unfortunately. Black Pearl, Flying Dutchman, Pirate Ship Ambush, these grabbed me. The Brick Bounty simply does not. Now the characters are nice but the build could be so much more unique and should scream "I'm a pirate and it's my duty to plunder your booty!".

The new pirate ship reminds me of the Juniors pirate ship - 7075.  I saw the chess set in person and it doesn't wow me but that won't stop me from displaying one to play and a few for the future.

I wonder when will we see an exclusive pirate ship (on the scale of the Imperial Flagship). I guess until Sea Cow is out it won't happen. 

Well... I guess that if the seacow goes it will go fast and silently. I have not seen it everywhere in shops and if I see it they have only one.

Well... I guess that if the seacow goes it will go fast and silently. I have not seen it everywhere in shops and if I see it they have only one.

I believe Sea Cow will have the HH treatment. Disappearing from shops and only available in limited quantities online for months to come.

Edited by inversion