Pirates 2015

steveviscious89

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Now waiting for the new Pirates exclusive. I have a hunch that it will be a harbor town with inn and stuff. My reasons are the following:

• New soldiers' ship (e.g. Imperial Flagship) is unlikely considering there was one recently
  • Release of a bigger pirate ship in conjunction with a $100 one is also unlikely
  • Treasure Island, a good candidate, is already a smaller set in this wave

Kind of disappointed that the ship is only $100. I was hoping for something closer to 10210.  Right now it looks like a redo of Brickbeard's Bounty, but  hopefully I'm pleasantly surprised.  I like the idea above of a harbor town exclusive, I think that would be a great set.

Kind of disappointed that the ship is only $100.

As a builder, yes.

But as an investor, it's awesome because it will add some great value to the PotC ships.

For sure I'll keep my last queen anne's r.  until the new pirates sets are here and not resell it on 2014 Xmas.

And a Somali for the 7th :D :

By the way I agree that a MMV-like port town would be the way to go for the next AFOL Pirates set.

Reminds me this:

pirates.jpg

:P

This is getting exciting. I never owned any pirate ships as a kid, but I did have some of the smaller pirate sets. My mom couldn't afford those bigger sets until years later, but man they were awesome.

I would like to see a reboot of an aliens theme. Similar to the insectoid or the ufo line from the late 90s.

Odd Ball idea just popped into my head.  COuld be used for this smaller run of Pirate themed sets.

A new way for lego to sell the crap out of smaller sets within a theme.

Lego already uses a VIP bonus system, buy X dollar amount get Y back in rewards.

Why not take thta a step further...as you buy each set within a specific theme you get more and more reward points or percentage off of the Lego Exclusive set within that theme.  It would be nice for most themes to have a Lego only exclusive

Buy all sets within a smaller theme (5-8 sets) and get the largest or exclusive set at Y% off.

Odd Ball idea just popped into my head.  COuld be used for this smaller run of Pirate themed sets.

A new way for lego to sell the crap out of smaller sets within a theme.

Lego already uses a VIP bonus system, buy X dollar amount get Y back in rewards.

Why not take thta a step further...as you buy each set within a specific theme you get more and more reward points or percentage off of the Lego Exclusive set within that theme.  It would be nice for most themes to have a Lego only exclusive

Buy all sets within a smaller theme (5-8 sets) and get the largest or exclusive set at Y% off.

I think that might be a good idea. But for us investors I think it is a bad idea.

• 3 weeks later...