Pirates 2015

steveviscious89

Does anyone know the retail on the pirate ship? At only 745 pieces will it be priced as such, or will it push $100 or more like pirate ships of the past. I had good success with brickbeards bounty a few years ago, so this set is probably the only one I will consider buying a few of if the right sale comes along.

I think a member said that the price for the pirate ship would be $100 earlier in this topic.

I think a member said that the price for the pirate ship would be $100 earlier in this topic.

I remember $89 being mentioned

Thanks. This thread was merged with another so I did not see that post. I would imagine that amazon will have these on a decent sale at some point in their lifespan, so I will buy 3-4 of them then.

• Like 1

here is the list

• $11.99 USD - Shipwreck Defense
  • $19.99 USD - Soldiers' Outpost
  • $19.99 USD - Treasure Island
  • $39.99 USD - Soldiers' Fort
  • $89.99 USD - The Brick Bounty

Yep, I believe all retailers will have sweet sale prices at some point. 

• Like 1

I want to know when we are going to get a UCS pirate ship !?

Mm.. Something like Imperial Flagship in 2016?  (not sure, but not likely)  I don't think Pirates theme will last longer then 2016, 'cause the next POTC movie is scheduled for 2017, so we'll have another licensed series then I guess.  Maybe including something large and cool looking.  Hopefully not that fantasy-look again  :bad: 

Mm.. Something like Imperial Flagship in 2016?  (not sure, but not likely)  I don't think Pirates theme will last longer then 2016, 'cause the next POTC movie is scheduled for 2017, so we'll have another licensed series then I guess.  Maybe including something large and cool looking.  Hopefully not that fantasy-look again  :bad:

What exactly do you mean by fantasy look?

Black Pearl and Queen Ann's Revenge have been rather normal haven't they? (but for some of the minifigs)

Same for some of the others sets.

(btw POTC will still be fantasy so probably there will be some fantasy look included ;-))

Anyhow if there ever will be a cool ship again I will BUUUY!!!

P.S.

Do you think (not exclusively Ronda but everybody ;-) ) that there will be a rerelease of the Black Pearl when they bring out the new movies?

Btw has it been that successful (the licenced theme) that it is profitable for them to rerelease a POTC theme?

What exactly do you mean by fantasy look?

Black Pearl and Queen Ann's Revenge have been rather normal haven't they? (but for some of the minifigs)

That's exactly what I mean))

Well, I realize I'm a "minority" here, but I prefer the classic Lego Pirates style, so I can easily use those sets telling my kid some classic stories, say Captain Blood or Treasure Island or some parts from Montezuma's Daughter or some historic events like Spanish Armada or even Trafalgar battle.   Black Pearl, Queen Ann's Revenge, the recent ship from LOTR are great builds, but not something I'd like to put on my shelf.   Several month ago I was even thinking of buying parts to build the ship from 2009 Pirates series.  I missed that series being in my "dark ages".   So I'm totally happy Lego remakes it in 2015.  Remaking Imperial Flagship would be great too.  Adding smaller ships like old 6271 Imperial Flagship or Renegade Runner would be nice.

I realize it would affect reselling values and would upset many people.  But come on, Lego means toys for kids first of all, not just investment :)  I think it's good they reissue some old designs once in a while making them available for different generation for a regular, not a reselling price :)

Again, that all is just my point of view as a Lego fan and a mom :)

If I remember correctly, only the ships were doing well in Lego POTC theme, so I doubt they would re-release any old sets.   As for the Black Pearl - would depend on what ship is "the main star" of the new movie...

I totally agree about your point that it's a toy for kids.

But even if they return with old themes/sets that's not necessarily bad for investors since most sets will NOT have a returning or at least not within 10 years.

So since nobody can say for sure that there will be a rerelease of any set within those 5-10 years resellers still can make some profit.

But I'm pretty sure that you're not alone with your opinion that it's good from time to time that LEGO rereleases some sets so that a newer generation can buy them.

Even some (probably even most *****) of the investors here would love to see a rerelease of the UCS Millennium Falcon.

I prefer the overall design of the POTR theme though, since it's somewhat more "realistic" in it's colours etc.

The original pirates theme is situated somewhere in a tropical region as far as I can remember, thus the white colours for the imperial buildings.

I guess that those set-previews/pictures only show us what will appear at the beginning of 2015 but not all sets of the year (at least that's what I hope). So there's still some hope for the second half of 2015 and of course for 2016. As I said before Pirates have been one of my favorites (behind knights and space) and I'd love to see some really awesome sets! :-)

• Like 1

I prefer the overall design of the POTR theme though, since it's somewhat more "realistic" in it's colours etc.

The original pirates theme is situated somewhere in a tropical region as far as I can remember, thus the white colours for the imperial buildings.

You mean like London Escape tavern or Whitecap Bay?  They're nice, but kinda too close to Castle style, I think that's why they use white for Pirates.  Just for some diversity.  I wouldn't mind white if the structure itself would be bigger/more interesting. 

As for the ships )  (just my opinion) Black Pearl is ... boring?  Black hull, black sails - not much better then red/white stripes.  Queen Ann's revenge - get rid of all bones, unnecessary small sails and make them not red - that would be a great "realistic" ship!   

I guess that those set-previews/pictures only show us what will appear at the beginning of 2015 but not all sets of the year (at least that's what I hope). So there's still some hope for the second half of 2015 and of course for 2016. As I said before Pirates have been one of my favorites (behind knights and space) and I'd love to see some really awesome sets! :-)

I still have faith in a Pirates exclusive. LEGO should know that there is demand for it. Large ships always sell well. Or just do a dirty caribbean port town. That would also do fairly nice.

I'm with you guys :drinks:

You mean like London Escape tavern or Whitecap Bay? They're nice, but kinda too close to Castle style, I think that's why they use white for Pirates. Just for some diversity. I wouldn't mind white if the structure itself would be bigger/more interesting.

As for the ships ) (just my opinion) Black Pearl is ... boring? Black hull, black sails - not much better then red/white stripes. Queen Ann's revenge - get rid of all bones, unnecessary small sails and make them not red - that would be a great "realistic" ship!

I'm with you guys :drinks:

Fingers crossed as well

Edited by rcdb1984

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...