10240 - UCS: Red Five X-wing Starfighter

Mos_Eisley

How many 10240 X-Wing sets do you own?  

336 members have voted

1. 1. How many 10240 X-Wing sets do you own?

• 2 to 5
    • 6 to 10
    • 11+
    • ZERO

This poll is closed to new votes

2 came from TRS today and also mint in lego boxes. Hubby ordered 4 with his new TRU credit card at same time. I actually placed order and forgot about sales tax and it took him over his temporary pass credit limit. TRU "suspended" order bc $40 over! We called and tried to pay with another card, cancel one of the four sets, pay credit card over phone then, anything. They would not help at all and the set sold out in meantime. Guess I shouldn't complain...got 2 anyway.

All of mine from Toys R Us came in Lego boxes and all were mint.

I have great luck with Toys R Us but these were unusually good quality.

I hope everyones comes that way.

I also received two on Saturday in a lego shipping box. Both 10240's came in excellent condition.

• Like 1

So does the stateside 30 day shipment delay indicate they are pulling inventory from other regions to meet US orders, or is it more likely that it's another production run?  I guess that's the 64,000 question.

One of the other members on here can advise better for you but I don't think they redeploy from region to region

External boxes are different.

So does the stateside 30 day shipment delay indicate they are pulling inventory from other regions to meet US orders, or is it more likely that it's another production run?  I guess that's the 64,000 question.

as far as I have seen 30 days can mean any of 3 things.

1. The set is not done but currently there is no eta on new stock.  this likely means a production run is not yet scheduled but planned.

2. They are pulling overstock from other regions, but shipping times are unknown.  this is less common but does happen.

3. Their are no plans to produce more of these, but they do not want to tell us.  this is one "sign" of EOL.

Red5 is likely in category 3, but since stock is still pretty high in B&M stores they do not want a run of resellers grabbing them up.

• Like 1

My Lego store had three rows of Red 5 on the shelf. I mentioned they had a lot and the guy said he had more in back too. On a Sunday. The day before shipments come in. I still bought one since that what I went there for but I am sitting on the 5 I have until actual EOL comes then I might panic buy a couple more. The ones they had were all 43R4

My Lego store had three rows of Red 5 on the shelf. I mentioned they had a lot and the guy said he had more in back too. On a Sunday. The day before shipments come in. I still bought one since that what I went there for but I am sitting on the 5 I have until actual EOL comes then I might panic buy a couple more. The ones they had were all 43R4

That's a fair approach based on how each person has to make individual decisions.

I remember your store was full of R2 or TH too whichever one it was?

That said, Red 5 could be going soon or could be around another 2 years and reflood.

No one knows and I have no inside info from anyone to indicate it is retiring

In the past available in 30 days has meant a new packing run in Mexico. So the new batch coming to the USA will have 05 seals. As for production of the pieces inside the set nobody knows. They could have 12 months worth of pieces stockpiled, or they could have 2 months, or they could be making new pieces as I type. They may have very few pieces/boxes left and may not make more and may not be able to satisfy backorders. You will need to take an educated guess armed with the knowledge it is a poor seller and production capacity and shelf space is not unlimited. If LEGO Shop at Home cancels backorders then you can say with certainty it is done with no more coming to LEGO Shop at Home. Any extras will then go to amazon and big box for the F5 game.

• Like 1

Thanks for the help.  I'm just trying to figure this out.  We've got 10240 with a 30 day shipment delay, but widely available in other regions.  Then we've got the EEE, which is Sold Out (not even a 30 day delay) in many international regions, but Available in the US.  My guess is that the EEE is done and they are just clearing remaining inventory, but I'm not sure about Red 5.

That's a fair approach based on how each person has to make individual decisions.

I remember your store was full of R2 or TH too whichever one it was?

That said, Red 5 could be going soon or could be around another 2 years and reflood.

No one knows and I have no inside info from anyone to indicate it is retiring

Yeah they had R2 for a good month after it was sold out online. I got a few that way.