10240 - UCS: Red Five X-wing Starfighter

Mos_Eisley

How many 10240 X-Wing sets do you own?  

336 members have voted

1. 1. How many 10240 X-Wing sets do you own?

• 2 to 5
    • 6 to 10
    • 11+
    • ZERO

This poll is closed to new votes

This will be- likely- the most detailed X-wing TLG ever produces- from now until forever. Lots of other ships for them to market and target.

The X-wing will play a VERY prominent role in future Star Wars films- just watch The Force Awakens preview.

... I agree with those who find this set, in some way, a bit underwhelming. "Beauty IS in the eye of the beholder" ; but in the opinion of this Brick Picker this is one of the least exciting SW UCS sets ever produced.

Nonetheless...

It's the X-wing. And this is Lego's largest, and most detailed, version of it.

This will be- likely- the most detailed X-wing TLG ever produces- from now until forever. Lots of other ships for them to market and target.

The X-wing will play a VERY prominent role in future Star Wars films- just watch The Force Awakens preview.

... I agree with those who find this set, in some way, a bit underwhelming. "Beauty IS in the eye of the beholder" ; but in the opinion of this Brick Picker this is one of the least exciting SW UCS sets ever produced.

Nonetheless...

It's the X-wing. And this is Lego's largest, and most detailed, version of it.

Sorry to burst your bubble...The new movies have new X-Wings.  Their wings split down the middle like a puzzle piece and are offset.  The main engines look like they split in half as well.  I am almost 100% positive there will be new versions of the X-Wing Fighter.  How that affects the values of the older versions can be argued, but there will be more...I assure you.

• Like 1

Sorry to burst your bubble...The new movies have new X-Wings.  Their wings split down the middle like a puzzle piece and are offset.  The main engines look like they split in half as well.  I am almost 100% positive there will be new versions of the X-Wing Fighter.  How that affects the values of the older versions can be argued, but there will be more...I assure you.

Jeez Ed, it sounds like you've either studied the teaser trailer or saw an early cut of the film itself! :). Did a bootleg copy fall off a philly sneaker truck ? Ha

But that will be post-empire X-Wing... Old-timers like us will insist that back in the OT empire days, X-wings were better and flew faster

• Like 1

But that will be post-empire X-Wing... Old-timers like us will insist that back in the OT empire days, X-wings were better and flew faster

There is room for both, but it will stunt the growth of the 10240 at some point in my opinion because at some point you know there will be a UCS version.

I completely agree there will be another X Wing out before the Movie.  But I do not think it will be a UCS.  I think you could compare this to the Imperial Shuttle 10212 vs the new Imperial Shuttle Tydirium.  

Is the new one nice? Absolutely

Will it work for most people? Absolutely

Will it take sales away from Red Five? Absolutely

Is it a UCS and comparable to the 10212?  Absolutely Not

Will an AFOL Star Wars Avid Lego collector know the difference? Absolutely

I am not predicting the sky for Red Five they could even seriously make another UCS version right before the Red Five movie in 2020.  If I were Lego that is when I would release a new UCS.

But do I think over the next 24 months it can make some solid gains? Yes

In any event its initial retirement bump we may be able to start seeing in a few months.  At least I hope!

Red 5 is not a long-term investment for me anyway.  I will be selling it within 1-2 years to capitalize on the Star Wars movie hype and I'm pretty confident there will not be another UCS X-wing within that timeframe.  If one is coming we will know of it ahead of time and I will sell then.  This is friggin' Luke Skywalker's X-wing!

Edited by zskid00
  • Like 1

I request an investigation - a Trek fan said 'May the force be with you' instead of 'Live long and prosper.'

If you love Star Wars too, it may get to you!

Perhaps it is JJ Abrams making the new Star Trek 1 & 2 like a Star Wars flick the way he would do it.

I actually really like all things Star Trek and Star Wars.

The admiration for both is intense, equal and separate.

Or I can walk and chew gum. :)

I don't understand why we didn't have a countdown like this for the KRE-O Enterprise?

Come on now that is my avatar but you have to be joking!

What I would give for there to be Lego Star Trek and a UCS Enterprise (many versions)

Now that would be a day.

Perhaps Disney will finish the rumor of buying Hasbro.  Then they can quadruple it in size and move all toy production to Hasbro plus keep Transformers and own it.

Then they can discontinue Kre-O and move the Star Trek License to Lego because they bought them too.

Then focus all production of Hasbro and Lego around their movie schedules.

Now that would be absolutely terrible, Disney is big enough as it is and I hope it does not happen as I like Hasbro owning Transformers and Lego's Independence but it is one way to get a UCS Enterprise.

• Like 1

Red 5 is not a long-term investment for me anyway.  I will be selling it within 1-2 years to capitalize on the Star Wars movie hype and I'm pretty confident there will not be another UCS X-wing within that timeframe.  If one is coming we will know of it ahead of time and I will sell then.  This is friggin' Luke Skywalker's X-wing!

Agreed and also agreed my Red Five's are not going into 10 year cold storage like Ed's sets.  I am optimistic for the 2-3 year timeline and possibly that things will go nuts with Episode VII spending if this thing really goes by summer (or now).

If you love Star Wars too, it may get to you!

Perhaps it is JJ Abrams making the new Star Trek 1 & 2 like a Star Wars flick the way he would do it.

I actually really like all things Star Trek and Star Wars.

The admiration for both is intense, equal and separate.

Or I can walk and chew gum. :)

Come on now that is my avatar but you have to be joking!

What I would give for there to be Lego Star Trek and a UCS Enterprise (many versions)

Now that would be a day.

Perhaps Disney will finish the rumor of buying Hasbro.  Then they can quadruple it in size and move all toy production to Hasbro plus keep Transformers and own it.

Then they can discontinue Kre-O and move the Star Trek License to Lego because they bought them too.

Then focus all production of Hasbro and Lego around their movie schedules.

Now that would be absolutely terrible, Disney is big enough as it is and I hope it does not happen as I like Hasbro owning Transformers and Lego's Independence but it is one way to get a UCS Enterprise.

A LEGO tribble would be hard to pull off.

Lego%20Tribbles%20IMG_9373.JPG

• Like 2

A LEGO tribble would be hard to pull off.

I agree near impossible.  But I do have this furry one about 6" tall.  Its been in my collection for many years.

It probably needs a bath.

LOL! What's his name?

Damn and I thought I was bad at derailing threads. Now we're talking about a lifeform that's basically a creeping toupee. This is awesome. :mosking: So what is the name of yours? And don't say "Harry". :mda: