10240 - UCS: Red Five X-wing Starfighter

Mos_Eisley

How many 10240 X-Wing sets do you own?  

336 members have voted

1. 1. How many 10240 X-Wing sets do you own?

• 2 to 5
    • 6 to 10
    • 11+
    • ZERO

This poll is closed to new votes

I think it is a blessing that The Horde might have overextended a little before Christmas and now have trouble finding space/capital to throw at Red 5, EEE and ToO.

TRU.ca had 18 left earlier today and walmart.ca has none...so Canadians who have little stock might be playing with fire hoping it is like the AA (sold out in US for a long time while still available at MSRP up north). If S&**** moves it to sold out I expect these 18 wouldn't make it very long.

This is exactly the reason why I've grabbed 2 already. Not sure if the set will do amazingly, but here in Canada we risk getting caught with our pants down as the stock isn't all over the place or in large numbers.

And yeah once LEGO Shop at Home goes sold out or no longer lets you place a backorder, they will vanish from TRU.ca within hours. (see 14 HH gone in like an hour after "Sold Out Status). AA took a while to go, but they had like 200+ of them.

Still not sure how i feel about the set. I have one on display, but it really doesn't "wow" me. Then again though i have many cooler sets on display that are stealing it's thunder.

Oh man, I wanna enter the contest too! Since I'm not living in in EST but in MET, I think I qualify for a late entry. And since I'm still moderated my entry would probably have been in time if I would have been allowed to post real time (and even if it wasn't I'm gonna use it as an argument anyway...). I'll go for November 15, 2015. You can send the prize on November 16  :taunt:

Not a bad guess for EOL.. : )

BTW - The guessing here is regarding when TRU.com will go out of stock. We all know there is at least another batch based on latest seal codes, just trying to figure out if this is the start of the end.

Honestly, I'd pick up 12 or so at this point if it wasn't from TRU.  I have to multiply all TRU prices by 1.2 (give or take) to account for the roughly 20% chance of a massive error occurring in the processing of any given order, which will require at least four phone calls, two hours of my time, and a month or more of checking online credit card statements to correct.  Now if it shows up again at Target...

Toys R Us has about 100 left.

So thats 138 down to 100.  It has slowed to 38 in a little over 24 hours.

Based on that my projected eta for out of stock is Sunday at 4pm.

Those of you who guessed further out in the week look like the better shot to win the Microfighter.

There must be some horde fatigue but it is still moving.  As it goes under 100 and gets lower I could see it picking up again.

Isn't there anything else to discuss about this set? How about more threads about the set itself intend of predicted retail inventory levels, etc...

How many people have built this set? How did you link the b? Why not post a pic of your finished product? Do you have it on display with other models? Has your perception of this set changed since it's release? Have any comparison pics?

Isn't there anything else to discuss about this set? How about more threads about the set itself intend of predicted retail inventory levels, etc...

How many people have built this set? How did you link the b? Why not post a pic of your finished product? Do you have it on display with other models? Has your perception of this set changed since it's release? Have any comparison pics?

That would seriously derail the thread...

I think the set looks better than this

I also think treks contest was just something to get the community involved in a slower time of the year.  Maybe the thread derails for a day or so but then it will be back to normal.

Not much different than arguing back and forth over if its retiring or not retiring like other threads did for multitudes of pages (TH, R2, and others)

post-40002-0-92057300-1422580228.jpg

• Like 3

Only responding because you all asked...

Some people go to college for 10 years, study geology and go to work for Nasa to spend 15 years on preparing and being part of a mars rover mission where they sit and stare for weeks at the same single side of a single rock remotely through a camera's pictures and video to draw conclusions about that one rock.

To me as my hobby this is a lot of fun and exciting game.  Yes I find this all exciting reviewing inventory levels and watching what store has what.

Not saying you all are wanting me two but with two mods posting back to back If I need to start a new thread surrounding the contest and keep it out of this thread I will be happy to and we can move the last 48 hours of related posts over to it.  Seriously I am fine with that.

Of course we can all remember the Town Hall thread was really on track too and it wasn't even surrounding the town hall and went on for 100 pages or whatever. I am not proposing that.

I certainly would like to have people discuss other things too.  I can't discuss my personal copy because it is a pristine box not opened I proudly display and admire. I drove to get it on its first release day and was first in line at a store an hour and a half away.  I am hoping to get another one some day for me personally that I can build and hang in my office next to the 9493, Quintet and the Indy German plane (whatever it is called).  I have a Sopwith to build and hang with the mass well when I get time.  I guess I like to hang planes over my head.

• Like 3

I don't have any of these, time, space, and financial resources deployed elsewhere. I've also been in the process of moving for the last Couple of weeks and haven't paid much attention to this set in that time, but for those that are interested in this set and are of the opinion that is is at or near EOL I would think that stock levels at the last large US chain that has any would be of value. We do the inventory countdown on just about every set set that's on its way out. Why should this one be any different?

I can't discuss my personal copy because it is a pristine box not opened I proudly display and admire. I drove to get it on its first release day and was first in line at a store an hour and a half away.

I never would have guessed :) Why not create a build review thread so you can enjoy the toy? Buy a used one to build if needed.

Then why not help the thread by posting something constructive to initiate insightful conversion about the set itself instead of watching it "derail"?

Ok, I will help.

I have a comprehensive post some pages back with pictures. My X-wing is currently displayed with architecture sets instead of Star Wars sets but that will change when I finish rearranging display cases. The set is a very nice model but it doesn't have the wow factor with my friends that the SSD, 7965 MF or the EV (most recent large sets). That is limited market research but they are mostly Star Wars fans and are affluent.10240's ceiling is limited and I predict that this set will struggle to appreciate after the first 6 month surge, compared to other more unique exclusives. I think that selling 6-9 months after retirement or unavailability will maximize your return.

Ex Astris, Scientia.

• Like 1

I like the car, but don't see how it has room for my daily haul of Lego packages to the post office.  On the other hand, I assume it's self-driving due to the R2 unit.  As for the Red 5, I think it will do well post-EOL.  I would say better than R2 but worse than SSD (unless for some reason Lego does not release another non-microfighter X-Wing in the next two years).  I will note it's the worst-reviewed exclusive SW set on shop.Lego.com since the B-Wing and cries out for the inclusion of an exclusive Luke minifig and a printed cockpit in place of the sticker.  Still looks like a fearsome bird of prey, though, and that's what counts.

I think the set looks better than this

I also think treks contest was just something to get the community involved in a slower time of the year.  Maybe the thread derails for a day or so but then it will be back to normal.

Not much different than arguing back and forth over if its retiring or not retiring like other threads did for multitudes of pages (TH, R2, and others)

I've seen this car in person. :o no joke

• Like 1

Wow and I was going to order 4 more.  Oh well.

Wonderful.

Now to figure out the winner!

Note: Per request of a moderator I will be starting a new thread tomorrow for retail stocking discussion & contests.

Went out at 12:27PM EST. Or you could go by the Stock Tracker but it is a couple mins behind.

That was a fun little diversion...

Edited by toycrazedchris
  • Like 1

As mentioned new tracking, guesses and related contests when they occur will start in a new thread soon.

Since this one is 99% done I will finish it here with this post and one final confirming post tomorrow.

Thanks to toycrazedchris for his assistance with this behind the scenes!

WINNING ENTRY - PENDING CONFIRMATION

Lets go with Friday 1/30/15 at 12:27 AM EST as the time it went out of stock.

I find it interesting that it was at 100 earlier tonight and went to 0.  I can only assume some big Brickpicker buyers that remain silent bought up the balance quickly tonight or Toys R Us adjusted their inventory.

From all the emails I have gotten the closest person (before or after) to this time wins.

From my records I show that it should be newbiecollect with a prediction of Thursday 1/29/15 5:55 PM EST.

I would appreciate if someone else would concur.  I will wait to state it is final tomorrow.

Now for the surprise.  I like No More Monkeys suggestion to throw in a Red 5 T Shirt so I am going to do that as well for the winner.

Once we confirm tomorrow morning that it is newbiecollect then please PM me your shipping address and your T Shirt size.

I'll order one and throw it in for free too with the Microfighter X Wing once I receive it.  It is the least I can do for everything that Brickpicker does for me.

I just hope Red 5 continues the bounce at LEGO Shop at Home and then flies off into the moonset.

Thanks everyone this has been a lot of fun.

May the force be with you!

Trek

• Like 4