10240 - UCS: Red Five X-wing Starfighter

Mos_Eisley

How many 10240 X-Wing sets do you own?  

336 members have voted

1. 1. How many 10240 X-Wing sets do you own?

• 2 to 5
    • 6 to 10
    • 11+
    • ZERO

This poll is closed to new votes

It has been about 5-6 days since Toys R Us went out of stock.

There was a couple of bounces since then in the beginning probably cleaning up remaining inventory.

So now its gone from Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us (Amazon and Walmart a long time) and nothing major restocked or bouncing anywhere.

Is a boat coming of these or will this set disappear faster than 10225 did.

One thing for sure is I have no idea.

I will try to pick some up in store with the Helicarrier purchase if they location I got still has stock by then.

I bet a lot of Lego B and M's still have stock.

The price on Amazon has been disappointing, BB is at 250$. Either people are not interested or not buying into EOL

BA I don't think many people especially the end consumer believe it is EOL

I also believe many not interested.

I am counting on a massive uptick when Episode VII comes out unless that movie has no X Wing's.

That's my plan (seriously).

I am counting on a massive uptick when Episode VII comes out unless that movie has no X Wing's.

I believe it'll be somewhat of a sleeper hit but for a hardcore fans like me it's a must have, it's my second favorite ship right after the millenium falcon. And who knows how long it'll take lego to make another version of it since it's last iteration was one of the first ucs sets that came out over a decade ago

• Like 2

There are 3 Sets in my personal library that I want to have one completely built and displayed and another mint boxed to display.

(of course I can't afford a 10179 or I would do that too)

- UCS R2 D2

- UCS X Wing

- Avengers Heliccarrier

I love all my other sets and want one boxed or maybe one open instead of boxed.

These 3 I want one both ways.

I know a lot of people do not like it.

I love it.

Are you saying they are both out?

I think it will come back for a little while here and there like ToO, but if it only fills LEGO Shop at Home backorders this will be an extremely fast exit.

locally yes with 0 in for the last 2 weeks shipments.

not surprised on the LEGO side , a little surprised on the Merlin side.

The price on Amazon has been disappointing, BB is at 250$. Either people are not interested or not buying into EOL

i don't know if you have followed by sincere beliefs about this set .... but

my opinion;  this will not be as bad as : 10215 but performance will be very close. { only time will tell who would be correct }

even if i am in the wrong side i do have two(2) in my personal collection which i will sell. if i see this faring any better between now and march i will get 3-5 more otherwise i will not touch this and stay away.....

i do respect your view but here is my POV. i am not sure if you have built 9493 and 10240.  Although, piece count 9493 is 1/3 of 10240 but buildwise i find 9493 to be much better than 10240. yes 10240 is UCS but i don't care ... that may be a big thing but it will be the same as 10215 which is the UCS but to me 9493 is much to scale than 10240... { 10240 is not 3X 9493... } :D

an i just need 1 red five and multiple X-wings ... :) so i will rather go with 9493 than 10240...

Edited by newbie77

Fair opinion.

My faith is in Episode VII driving everything including this.

sure.. just like the stock :) when the market is in the uptrend everything goes up even the doggest of the stock.... but its all about the %. i hope for your sake this will reach $350 so that you can get out :)

Thanks worst case it will be an experiment in cash flow.  Best case it goes really high.

I am hopeful with it disappearing everywhere there is a chance it exists "stage left quickly" which will only help.

I noted above it will probably come back but it would be helpful if they filled backorders went to sold out and away it went.

One can dream. :)

... Just catching up on this thread and loving it. Great discussion.

To EM's point, hell of a catch on the X-wing's in the preview being different. Certainly reasonable justification for future iterations being different.

What I love about all the SW discussion is this:

The Star Wars game- this re-boot- isn't going anywhere. This makes the entire line-up extremely bullish IMO. I thought SW was fading for a long time, and had initially avoided most of it as an investor (but not as a fan/collector).

That has changed.

Disney + Abrams + 3 movie sequel + annual character-focused movies between the sequels = long, long, long term growth for SW sets as an investment class.

I don't love the Red 5, but have it. Others will love it, and I'll gladly sell mine to them. I don't love a lot of the Lego SW re-hashes, but am acquiring them regardless- as much as a fan-base has existed in the past for them, an entire generation of those to come is ahead of us.

IMO, let the games begin on these SW sets.

'

Edit: Red 5 well-stocked at 5 So Cal B&M's; also- in Phoenix today- in-stock at both their stores as well (for whatever that's worth).

Edited by Cross

Like a fox indeed! Looking forward to the mayhem that will be caused when Lego B&M shelf-space has to be cleared for the upcoming JP and SW action.

My prediction:

Epic fun here on the forum, and hunting in general, late in '15.

At a level we haven't seen before.