Lego Store Canada

gravtation

22 minutes ago, redghostx said:

I screwed up and went to sleep without ordering my pet shop using US points (le sigh, that cost me $40 in points), so I went around lunch.

Many Dr. Who available, even at 50% off and EV, ToA, PS, and SC were all on shelves.  I was steering a parent towards a EV/SC and away from a Assault on Hoth - my good deed of the day.

I grabbed a damaged box Slave 1 to finally build and used points on a pet shop for a gift.  They gave me two snowglobes which was nice.

Crowds were pretty tame although staff said it was very busy between 10-1100

Nice! Maybe next time I'll head there. Good on you to get the parent to buy a discounted set, the savings are significant!

Was just recently at Oakridge. Still busy, but according to staff, less so than earlier. Of course I was too late to grab any doorcrasher deals, all that sold out within the first hour apparently. 

Grabbed 1 of their last 2 EVs, 2 Ectos, and 2 Birthday Cakes. Asked the manager if I could have 2 globes, he hesitantly agreed. :) 

Really wanted a Sandcrawler though. Been trying to phone Guildford to see if they have any stock left, I've got a buddy who could pick it up for me. Rung through to their answering machine about 7 times now. :( 

3 minutes ago, Zelgazra said:

Was just recently at Oakridge. Still busy, but according to staff, less so than earlier. Of course I was too late to grab any doorcrasher deals, all that sold out within the first hour apparently. 

Grabbed 1 of their last 2 EVs, 2 Ectos, and 2 Birthday Cakes. Asked the manager if I could have 2 globes, he hesitantly agreed. :) 

Really wanted a Sandcrawler though. Been trying to phone Guildford to see if they have any stock left, I've got a buddy who could pick it up for me. Rung through to their answering machine about 7 times now. :( 

Too bad you missed out on their SC but lucky you got 2 globes!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kd123 said:

I've managed to order power functions on separate orders to max limits on the same day.

With higher demand items maybe they enforce the rules more strictly.

Just be careful you two... You *can* exceed purchase limits, there's no automated mechanism preventing you from doing so (except within a same single order).

But you may catch the attention of the Great Brick in the Sky, chastising resellers for their evil ways.

What are you folks doing with your Snow-globes? I have a two and put one on kijiji for $25 and was contacted by at least 3 people within just a few minutes wanting to pick it up.....and there's a Lego Store within 10km.
Worth keeping, or sell now while they are (supposedly) hot?

Sold one for $37us. 25 Canadian is low. Keeping some for the tree :)

23 minutes ago, redghostx said:

Sold one for $37us. 25 Canadian is low. Keeping some for the tree :)

Wozers, and I was surprised to get any interest at $25.

Who knows, I might be getting another one or two if there's any Cyber Monday deals worth jumping on.

Also, I did put a couple of the 40222 VIP sets for sale from last month and there's not even the slightest interest.

1 hour ago, eliminator said:

What are you folks doing with your Snow-globes? I have a two and put one on kijiji for $25 and was contacted by at least 3 people within just a few minutes wanting to pick it up.....and there's a Lego Store within 10km.

Worth keeping, or sell now while they are (supposedly) hot?

I'll sit on these until at least next X-mas selling season. Hope to get $50 each.