Lego Store Canada

gravtation

I expect the Price Guide here is out of date in relation to this polybag. The last update happened before the polybag was the Shop @ Home promo, so the handful of people that managed to get their hands on some beforehand were probably hitting that $40 mark through exclusivity. Now that everyone has some the price has fallen to more reasonable numbers. As Phil said though, not bad for a freebie! 

• 3 weeks later...

I got the Force Awakens trooper with a purchase at Yorkdale last Saturday, but they were out at Fairview last night when I went so they gave me a Han Hoth exclusive from 2013 instead. Might try Yorkdale again and if no luck there I'll have to order online to get more free soldiers.

1 hour ago, jeff_14 said:

I got the Force Awakens trooper with a purchase at Yorkdale last Saturday, but they were out at Fairview last night when I went so they gave me a Han Hoth exclusive from 2013 instead. Might try Yorkdale again and if no luck there I'll have to order online to get more free soldiers.

Here's my good deed for the day. Just got back from Yorkdale where I picked up 2 Tydirium Shuttles for 35% off (when you consider double VIP and the sale price) and it just got better. They were also out of Force Awakens troopers so the clerk offered me a choice of Hoth Han, Admiral Yularen......and Darth Revan. 10 years of poker playing were called upon to remain nonchalant and I calmly asked if I could get 2 of him. Sure thing he said as he got 2 from the pile of them in his box. Selling those 2 alone will make one of those shuttles free. May the 4th be with you.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, jeff_14 said:

Here's my good deed for the day. Just got back from Yorkdale where I picked up 2 Tydirium Shuttles for 35% off (when you consider double VIP and the sale price) and it just got better. They were also out of Force Awakens troopers so the clerk offered me a choice of Hoth Han, Admiral Yularen......and Darth Revan. 10 years of poker playing were called upon to remain nonchalant and I calmly asked if I could get 2 of him. Sure thing he said as he got 2 from the pile of them in his box. Selling those 2 alone will make one of those shuttles free. May the 4th be with you.

Nice! Sherway was down to 3 Stormtroopers when i went last night, they didn't mention anything about substitutes, but i should have asked!

7 minutes ago, Sandwraith said:

Nice! Sherway was down to 3 Stormtroopers when i went last night, they didn't mention anything about substitutes, but i should have asked!

I've found TRU has always volunteered subs when their promo runs out, but Lego stores have been iffy. For the recent Mr Freeze promo, both Fairview and Yorkdale said nothing about subs when they had run out. Yet they're clearly sitting on a gold mine of polybags as I just learned. 

• 4 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, lobo1969 said:

Any set or sets under $50 that people might target to take advantage of the Captain america poly bag promo? I guess at $35 Cdn for the promo, our 'buy in' is a bit lower than the USA also at $35...

The wise will hold out few more days for the Creator Fountain freebie ;) Don't waste your $35 quota just to settle for a $5 polybag that can purchased from TRU.

Edited by tacsniper

On 5/3/2016 at 10:04 AM, jeff_14 said:

I've found TRU has always volunteered subs when their promo runs out, but Lego stores have been iffy. For the recent Mr Freeze promo, both Fairview and Yorkdale said nothing about subs when they had run out. Yet they're clearly sitting on a gold mine of polybags as I just learned. 

Calgary Lego store was selling a year old polybags that were left over from promotions. I was told by the staff they had a ton in off location storage and Lego does not allow them to sell them until certain time have passed since the original promotion. Not a good deal though as the store wants the full retail price of the polybag which most were $6.99.

1 hour ago, tacsniper said:

The wise will hold out few more days for the Creator Fountain freebie ;) Don't waste your $35 quota just to settle for a $5 polybag that can purchased from TRU.

Oh I'm well aware of that glorious fountain promo. But I'll ask what people will buying for $75 to get it next week. :)

1 hour ago, lobo1969 said:

Oh I'm well aware of that glorious fountain promo. But I'll ask what people will buying for $75 to get it next week. :)

I plan on stocking up on IST. Get at least 6 during this promotion and sell the fountain to off set the cost of the IST. I am still keeping an eye on Walmart's clearance. Hoping to see the crazy prices our American friends are finding.

Fun in the Park, I am contemplating on that one. I know this set will be a hot seller and should be sticking around for a while. Part of me is telling me to wait for the Christmas promos to start building up stock on this one.

Edited by tacsniper

On 5/27/2016 at 10:21 PM, tacsniper said:

Calgary Lego store was selling a year old polybags that were left over from promotions. I was told by the staff they had a ton in off location storage and Lego does not allow them to sell them until certain time have passed since the original promotion. Not a good deal though as the store wants the full retail price of the polybag which most were $6.99.

I'll take almost any Lego Store polybags for that price any day. If that guy had said "I have to charge you $7 for Darth Revan" I'd have said "Sure, if you have to".

I managed to get the last Captain America motrocycle polybag in Toronto this past weekend on Sunday. Fairview was holding one for someone that had reserved one (which I shall now be doing now that I know you can) but cancelled. Having my son there to corroborate my sob story about driving across the city to get it certainly helped. Went to put in an online order later that day to get another and it never came up in my basket. Just a free admission to Legoland. Those things must have really moved. 

Agreed.

Picked up a Hoth Han and two Winter Soldier polybags from the Calgary Lego Store and sold them all for $15 each.  Was annoyed at myself for not getting a few more while I was at it, but I did not want to raise the ire of the Lego Store.  I'm also annoyed that I didn't buy more Captain America Motorcycle polybags when my local TRU inexplicably had a million of them on the shelf.  Bought 3 and sold 3.  None for me.

I've come to realize I really enjoy dealing with polybags.  So easy to deal with, and I always seem to make at least a few dollars profit on each one.  Good for the old EBay feedback counter, too.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Codes said:

how long ago was it you found the Hoth Han/Winter Soldier? I will be there this weekend. Hope they still have some. Last time I was there, they had a bunch of Lego employee minifig polybag

Edited by tacsniper

6 minutes ago, tacsniper said:

how long ago was it you found the Hoth Han/Winter Soldier? I will be there this weekend. Hope they still have some.

Early May if I recall correctly.

They had Hoth Han, Winter Soldier, Spiderman and Nexo Knight polys. 

On 5/27/2016 at 10:59 PM, tacsniper said:

I plan on stocking up on IST. Get at least 6 during this promotion and sell the fountain to off set the cost of the IST. I am still keeping an eye on Walmart's clearance. Hoping to see the crazy prices our American friends are finding.

Fun in the Park, I am contemplating on that one. I know this set will be a hot seller and should be sticking around for a while. Part of me is telling me to wait for the Christmas promos to start building up stock on this one.

IST? I give up, what's that?

(I swear I asked about IST few days ago back the post seems to be missing...)

16 hours ago, Codes said:

Early May if I recall correctly.

They had Hoth Han, Winter Soldier, Spiderman and Nexo Knight polys. 

When I went to the Toronto ones in early May, they were giving out Darth Revan (which sold out fast) and Hoth Han and Admiral Yularen to make up for the run on the May 4th polybag.

Edited by jeff_14

• 2 months later...