Lego Store Canada

gravtation

5 minutes ago, Vodium said:

Is it just me or has the Bricks & Pieces replacement parts order link been taken down? I can't find a way to order parts through it any more. Just pick a brick.  :mda:

Last year, around Christmas, I vaguely remember they temporarily closed the Bricks & Pieces service while their staff handled holiday-related missing part issues. It might be the same thing?

1 hour ago, Vodium said:

Is it just me or has the Bricks & Pieces replacement parts order link been taken down? I can't find a way to order parts through it any more. Just pick a brick.  :mda:

That bricks and pieces has been broken for months.  I can never add it to the cart, even the Lego CS couldn't do it on her side so she took my order of 30ish parts over the phone.  Her computer kept crashing half way through the order and it happened 3 times, she finally rebooted her PC and called me back.  Didnt even give me free shipping for the hassle.  Geez.  I had a free shipping code anyways but wanted to save it.

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, peenutz said:

For anyone in Vancouver, there are witch king battles at Oakridge Lego store for 8.99. I would clean house but they limited me to three. Also firehall available when I left and five armies for 52.49

Firehall? Ghost Busters? Or a sale on a city set?

Edited by lobo1969

37 minutes ago, peenutz said:

For anyone in Vancouver, there are witch king battles at Oakridge Lego store for 8.99. I would clean house but they limited me to three. Also firehall available when I left and five armies for 52.49

Doh. I was two train stops away earlier this afternoon... I considered going, but thought 'nah, only new stuff available now, not worth the extra time'. Funny thing is I was buying WKBs at TRU instead. The 5 Armies I could use a few more of though... ah well. 

Firehall? Ghost Busters? Or a sale on a city set?

The GB firehall, just that it's available. Sets fly off the shelves at Oakridge, so not sure if anyone really wanted one.

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, JLEW700 said:

Anybody know if a Lego gift card in US dollars can be used in Canada?  If so, is it automatically converted to Canadian dollars at the time a purchase is made, or how does that work?

Lego gift cards are interchangeable and use Lego's exchange rate. 

You can see your value in both Canadian and US funds by entering your gift card number at the following links:

US - http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Gift-Cards-Balance

CA - http://shop.lego.com/en-CA/Gift-Cards-Balance

Edited by redghostx
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, redghostx said:

Lego gift cards are interchangeable and use Lego's exchange rate. 

You can see your value in both Canadian and US funds by entering your gift card number at the following links:

US - http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Gift-Cards-Balance

CA - http://shop.lego.com/en-CA/Gift-Cards-Balance

On a related topic, someone at my comic book store was just telling me that they've been buying Walmart gift cards here and getting par exchange when using them in the US. No idea if this is a tall tale or not.

1 hour ago, jeff_14 said:

On a related topic, someone at my comic book store was just telling me that they've been buying Walmart gift cards here and getting par exchange when using them in the US. No idea if this is a tall tale or not.

I've heard this also... BUT if you fail to use the entire value of the card the exchange is deducted 2-3 days later from your remaining balance.

1 hour ago, jeff_14 said:

Yep, it works. And since you mentioned that you have a comic book store, unloading your comics down to the US in USD is probably making you a load of money now. :)

The best way to game the system is to load up Lego in canada and rack up points, then use the points down in the US. So clean a bunch of EV, PS, Sandcrawlers, etc.....then go down to the US to clean out more exclusives with the racked up points. You are essentially paying less than retail for an EV, works out to around $210USD after some points and rebates if you buy it in Canada. The best deal was for those who got the EV for $250CAD from TRU last year, now those work out to less than $190USD at the current exchange rate. No matter how you stack target coupons, etc.....you can't beat the prices in Canada right now. I have a feeling Lego might be aware of this so don't wait too long or else they'll adjust prices soon.

18 hours ago, ChristopherJB said:

Yep, it works. And since you mentioned that you have a comic book store, unloading your comics down to the US in USD is probably making you a load of money now. :)

The best way to game the system is to load up Lego in canada and rack up points, then use the points down in the US. So clean a bunch of EV, PS, Sandcrawlers, etc.....then go down to the US to clean out more exclusives with the racked up points. You are essentially paying less than retail for an EV, works out to around $210USD after some points and rebates if you buy it in Canada. The best deal was for those who got the EV for $250CAD from TRU last year, now those work out to less than $190USD at the current exchange rate. No matter how you stack target coupons, etc.....you can't beat the prices in Canada right now. I have a feeling Lego might be aware of this so don't wait too long or else they'll adjust prices soon.

I haven't sold any comics in a long time but now would certainly be the time to do it. I just found out an issue of the cartoon Batman comic I bought in the 90s is worth a grand because it is the first appearance of Harley Quinn who's going to be in the Suicide Squad movie this year. And I have the entire run of the original Suicide Squad and every volume since then too. Tempting to sell and fund more lego investing.

3 hours ago, jeff_14 said:

I haven't sold any comics in a long time but now would certainly be the time to do it. I just found out an issue of the cartoon Batman comic I bought in the 90s is worth a grand because it is the first appearance of Harley Quinn who's going to be in the Suicide Squad movie this year. And I have the entire run of the original Suicide Squad and every volume since then too. Tempting to sell and fund more lego investing.

Sell. Now!

Key book prices on anything Harley and Suicide Squad are peaking now and with the low CDN dollar its the perfect storm for selling. I'm a big comic collector/investor and I've been in sell mode for a while and certainly not buying very much from the USA

• Like 1