Lego Store Canada

gravtation

Not sure but I can confirm both Oakridge and Guildford were sold out of Assembly Squares before they even opened their doors. Phoned at opening. Guildford told me their next shipment is backordered by people that were in line this morning. Maybe someone got up early to line up and got one, otherwise, stay in bed, hit up Shop at Home and then hit snooze. 

Happy New Year everyone! 

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, lobo1969 said:

I spotted this as well. Bought one plus a wedding topper at 50% off to get a Batman poly today

I may do that myself during the poly period if I don't see anything else of interest. Already have the wedding topper so I might get one of those Batman police figures packages to round it out.

I may very much regret it, but I've just ordered a wackload of keychains at ~60% off to build 2 orders for the Disco/Clown figs. Did my research on each discounted chain on offer, none of them sell very frequently on ebay, so I might be holding these for years, but going rates on Flash are in the $10-$13 range, and Batman for $6-$9. At $1.98, given they take up next to no space, I figured I'll give them a try. After I flip the Disco and Clown the buy-in should look rather healthy. Just a question of whether I can sell them or not. 

Edit: I also got x5 of those Gold Brick Baubles.... at $2.50 each I felt like it was a reasonable deal on gold 2x2 bricks. No idea if I'll sell or MOC with them, but it looked like a good deal at 75% off. We'll see how it goes. If it's a total flop, at least it's only $150 invested minus whatever I get for the polybags. 

Edited by Zelgazra

I may very much regret it, but I've just ordered a wackload of keychains at ~60% off to build 2 orders for the Disco/Clown figs. Did my research on each discounted chain on offer, none of them sell very frequently on ebay, so I might be holding these for years, but going rates on Flash are in the $10-$13 range, and Batman for $6-$9. At $1.98, given they take up next to no space, I figured I'll give them a try. After I flip the Disco and Clown the buy-in should look rather healthy. Just a question of whether I can sell them or not. 
Edit: I also got x5 of those Gold Brick Baubles.... at $2.50 each I felt like it was a reasonable deal on gold 2x2 bricks. No idea if I'll sell or MOC with them, but it looked like a good deal at 75% off. We'll see how it goes. If it's a total flop, at least it's only $150 invested minus whatever I get for the polybags. 

Keychains sell better on Kijiji than eBay if you care to dabble there.

I've never touched Kijiji.... for whatever reason, it just really isn't all that popular in Vancouver. It's the leading classifieds for the rest of Canada without question, but if I search Lego on Kijiji for Vancouver, results are usually a micro fraction of the same search on CL. 

Thanks for the note though, it's definitely worth a look. I also got an email from ebay the other day saying they'll be running some sort of Pilot program, integrating certain common searches on ebay and pinging Kijiji's listings as well. Looked interesting, but very limited right now. 

I figure if I can even flip the keychains at $5.50, I'm still doubling up. The real attraction was the Batman CMFs, they'll cover half the transaction at least!

And if the keychains totally tank and I can't move them, I'll have a load of freebies I can chuck in with $100+ orders to encourage customers into coming back. 

5 minutes ago, gregpj said:

Keychains sell better on Kijiji than eBay if you care to dabble there.

• 2 weeks later...

Ugh. If I call and request a refund it's sure to draw attention to my multiple orders to score bonus Disco Batmen....not to mention I wouldn't be eligible (need to hit $75) had they been that price. Retailers generally do honor price protection for 30 days though, for your two I'd certainly call. If you have multiple orders stacking past the "Limit" like me it's a different conundrum though. :( 

Oddly enough I had just called LEGO about the Valentine's Day set...

The CSR looked it up and said the stock was limited, so he took my name, the VIP info, etc., it took 10 minutes...by the time he was done, he went to add them to the cart and of course by that time, they were all sold out.

Not impressed with how that went. 

7 hours ago, RectorSix said:

Pretty sure it's worth investing in and I doubt we'll see it any cheaper.

Except for all of us that already got it cheaper ;) Stack it with a Disco Batman poly plus the VIP points, I guess it's not too bad, but they've been had cheaper. Just be aware that's the competition you're up against. As is the case with any set really, someone always managed to pick up more copies, at a lower price than you. They're usually from the USA :P 

Except for all of us that already got it cheaper  Stack it with a Disco Batman poly plus the VIP points, I guess it's not too bad, but they've been had cheaper. Just be aware that's the competition you're up against. As is the case with any set really, someone always managed to pick up more copies, at a lower price than you. They're usually from the USA  

Yeah, it's kinda unfair the US competition we're up against, with all the discounts they have...