Lego Store Canada

gravtation

53 minutes ago, Stragus said:

What the... When the Snowglobe went live at midnight, at the moment I did all my purchases, the list of sales was practically empty!

Darn it.

Even at 2am when I was on the site the 20% only showed up after you put the items on your cart. It was just a coincidence that I was actually intending on getting the Winter Toy Shop anyways.

Just now, eliminator said:

Even at 2am when I was on the site the 20% only showed up after you put the items on your cart. It was just a coincidence that I was actually intending on getting the Winter Toy Shop anyways.

And that was an excellent call. :good:It's out of stock now, but I would have grabbed a dozen to part out. :cry:

31 minutes ago, Stragus said:

And that was an excellent call. :good:It's out of stock now, but I would have grabbed a dozen to part out. :cry:

I was tempted to do that as well, but restrained myself to $100 to meet the minimum to get the Snowglobe. I sold all my globes last year and regretted not keeping one for my personal collection. 

Edited by eliminator

17 hours ago, WCH said:

Wouldn't the 2 promos be hard to sell?

Speaking from my narrow experience, I can say that if you list 10-50 Snowglobes on BrickOwl/BrickLink at 25 USD, someone from the U.S. will grab them all to put on eBay down there. That should be easy enough.

Selling them individually may be difficult in Canada due to the high shipping cost, and you'll probably have to wait until November/December.

Demand for the Piggy bank appears low... But the parts are good, a big stack of them would be interesting to a seller of parts (like me).

20 minutes ago, Stragus said:

Speaking from my narrow experience, I can say that if you list 10-50 Snowglobes on BrickOwl/BrickLink at 25 USD, someone from the U.S. will grab them all to put on eBay down there. That should be easy enough.

Selling them individually may be difficult in Canada due to the high shipping cost, and you'll probably have to wait until November/December.

Demand for the Piggy bank appears low... But the parts are good, a big stack of them would be interesting to a seller of parts (like me).

Last Christmas, I had no trouble selling the Snowglobes locally for $30-$40 on kijiji. I'm sure the same would apply this year.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2017 at 4:26 PM, lobo1969 said:

Winter Toy Shop on backorder now.

I actually went with 2x Adventure Times (20%off) to get promos

I debated on doing that as well, but I'd still like a better % off for those. Worst ideas set ever? :P
I got a few winter toy shops with 2 black widows to just get over the $100 mark. Still want more! 

I would get more if the piggy bank wasn't sold out! ah ha

Hrm, I'm having a little dilemma. I have received an extra LEGO Shop at Home package that wasn't mine, there's about $40 worth of sets plus the two promotional items.

I am very tempted to do the Right Thing: call Lego, say that someone is missing their order and how to return it. But I'm also afraid of drawing any attention to my account or purchase history, as it definitely shows signs of being a reseller's.

Anyone has experience regarding what Lego does in such circumstances?

15 minutes ago, Stragus said:

Hrm, I'm having a little dilemma. I have received an extra LEGO Shop at Home package that wasn't mine, there's about $40 worth of sets plus the two promotional items.

I am very tempted to do the Right Thing: call Lego, say that someone is missing their order and how to return it. But I'm also afraid of drawing any attention to my account or purchase history, as it definitely shows signs of being a reseller's.

Was it addressed to you?  It is not worth the effort for TLG for $40.  I would just keep it and I am sure if you called, they would say the same thing.

Edited by lego rules
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Stragus said:

If you're feeling the need to do the right thing, bring it to your local LEGO store and return it there without giving your personal info.

Or donate the sets.

36 minutes ago, Stragus said:

Call them or take into a store and explain the situation and the ethics thread is that way -> do the right thing.

2 hours ago, Stragus said:

Call FedEx to let them know they have a wrong package delivered and they will pick it up or like others suggested, take it to your local Lego store and let them deal with it. I am sure someone is waiting for their package and is probably freaking out wondering where it is with their tracking showing as delivered but nothing on their front porch. 

33 minutes ago, tacsniper said:

Call FedEx to let them know they have a wrong package delivered and they will pick it up or like others suggested, take it to your local Lego store and let them deal with it. I am sure someone is waiting for their package and is probably freaking out wondering where it is with their tracking showing as delivered but nothing on their front porch. 

I realize I wasn't precise. The package and shipping label were addressed to me. The paper invoice (and matching content) indicate the real customer is several provinces away.

3 minutes ago, Stragus said:

I realize I wasn't precise. The package and shipping label were addressed to me. The paper invoice (and matching content) indicate the real customer is several provinces away.

You could always send it to them, and keep one of the promos as payment. ;)

I jest of course. If you are that worried about getting your account flagged (I don't think you need to worry), do you know anyone else who orders from LEGO and wouldn't need to worry? You just need to identify the invoice number to them (so they can notify the customer) and they'll give you a return authorization. It doesn't matter if the return is from your house or a friend's.

They used to include a pre-printed return shipping label/sticker attached to the bottom half of the packing slip inside the shipping box, not sure if they still do this or not as I haven't purchased anything significant from tlg where I actually stopped to look. 

Edited by Thumper

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So any of you guys planning on being at a Lego store next Thursday morning for the Falcon? I'll place an order online just in case, but would love to have it day 1. For a purchase this big i'd normally wait for a sale or something, but since i sold off my 10179, i'll basically break even on this purchase and that's fine with me.

Anyways just curious, I'll be going to the Sherway location in Toronto (assuming they'll actually have more than 1 or 2, will have to see if they can tell me what they get in beforehand) i'm certainly not doing overnight camping or anything crazy, but i will probably have to be there early in the morning.

4 minutes ago, Sandwraith said:

So any of you guys planning on being at a Lego store next Thursday morning for the Falcon? I'll place an order online just in case, but would love to have it day 1. For a purchase this big i'd normally wait for a sale or something, but since i sold off my 10179, i'll basically break even on this purchase and that's fine with me.

Anyways just curious, I'll be going to the Sherway location in Toronto (assuming they'll actually have more than 1 or 2, will have to see if they can tell me what they get in beforehand) i'm certainly not doing overnight camping or anything crazy, but i will probably have to be there early in the morning.

I was thinking along same lines as you.  If order goes through online, may still hit up the store and be there around 8am or so.  I am not quite as inpatient as I use to be so if I don't get it day 1, it won't matter.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sandwraith said:

I may try to buy if there is a surprise last minute announcement of limited edition marked sets but otherwise I won't rush out to buy this. This set will be around for the next 2 years guaranteed and I suspect a lot longer so plenty of time to buy. Ask me again if we ever see another 3xVIP opportunity in Canada.

7 hours ago, Sandwraith said:

Unless you plan to flip on first 2 weeks, don't bother. This one is easily going to collect some dust for the next 3-4 years. The size of the falcon is not worth the shelf space. Better off you go load up some fingerlings unicorn first for this x'mas rather than the falcon.

22 minutes ago, ChristopherJB said:

Unless you plan to flip on first 2 weeks, don't bother. This one is easily going to collect some dust for the next 3-4 years. The size of the falcon is not worth the shelf space. Better off you go load up some fingerlings unicorn first for this x'mas rather than the falcon.

Flip? This is a personal build ;) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sandwraith said:

Flip? This is a personal build ;) 

Even for personal build, you won't have to worry, I don't think people would be getting excited over a $900 set and wanting to lineup for those, especially not in Toronto. Lineups are at the Air Canada center waiting to see the Toronto Maple Leafs. $900 is not something anyone can just fork out especially with sky high property prices and bills to pay.