75105 - Millennium Falcon

shortyz

23 minutes ago, Haay said:

Seriously? A €160 (Dutch RRP) flagship Star Wars TFA set for 50% off ? I don't know in what fairy tale country you're living, but that's impossible to get here. :P 

The cheapest I've seen the 75105 set offered was €115. Even at an impossible (here) €100 for the 75105 I would already jump on it. And many many others with me!

66 euros was my buy in last year and 70 for 7965 2 years ago so it is possible, you just need to know where to look and to get up early in the morning! You´ll see them on Spanish Ebay for 120 shipped this Xmas if you doubt it! 155 RRP here, but who cares about RRP when it is Xmas?

Just now, Val-E said:

66 euros was my buy in last year and 70 for 7965 2 years ago so it is possible, you just need to know where to look and to get up early in the morning! You´ll see them on Spanish Ebay for 120 shipped this Xmas if you doubt it! 155 RRP here, but who cares about RRP when it is Xmas?

I'm guessing you used a stack of TRU coupons or something like that? But TRU doesn't do coupons here :( The best we ever get here is a 20% off on everything promo.

Wrong guess! TRU Iberia no longer discounts Lego apart from very sporadic flash sales on selected items.

There are more than one ways to skin a cat, though. Most shops price match each other at Xmas so you could have got them for no more than 120 and then applied some other promos on top to get down to less than 70. Same with ISD, Grand Hotel etc etc.

Even then, last xmas the market was just too saturated and people still have 75052´s and 75054´s they can´t sell even now in April so it looks like we killed the goose with the golden eggs :(

2 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Wrong guess! TRU Iberia no longer discounts Lego apart from very sporadic flash sales on selected items.

There are more than one ways to skin a cat, though. Most shops price match each other at Xmas so you could have got them for no more than 120 and then applied some other promos on top to get down to less than 70. Same with ISD, Grand Hotel etc etc.

Lucky you to be able to work that kind of 'magic' to get shops price-matching each other and then still accept promos on top of that to get a set like the 75105 MF down to more than 50% off RRP. I guess there are advantages to living in Spain... ;) 

Great for personal builds and long term holders but when the marker is full of resellers it doesn`t really change anything as you won´t be able to flip above 120 euros unless shops run out of stock, which did happen thanks to TFA.

It´s also why I insist that there is no sense in investing in sets before last quarter as prices are higher and the hold time is longer. You would think shops would lower their prices during off peak season, but it seems to be the opposite. I can´t remember the last time there was a decent TRU sale on all Lego themes here, maybe Nov ´14.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, miguelze said:

I got one for 100€. Possible to sell in 2016 for 150€?

Possible... yes but I think its unlikely.  100 is a great price IMO for a personal build.  I just think this set will be well supplied at retail into 2017 and there are too many people who have these stashed away and willing to liquidate for a few $.

My son picked up this over the weekend.  It's quite impressive when a Kindergartener is determined enough to save up months of chore money and garage sale money to get a specific toy.  He wanted the UCS Slave 1, but I convinced him to go with this for playability reasons.

Anyway, we opened it up and started on it last night, and we are both thoroughly impressed.  The build will be complex, but at the same time entertaining enough to keep a little kid engrossed for quite some time.  The ship will be quite hefty, but considering it comes with seven mini-figs and opens up, it will provide endless entertainment for him.  I also plan to keep the box, just in case it is worth something when he is grown, which I think may be possible with the Han figure, especially considering what happened in the latest movie.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, DP112 said:

My son picked up this over the weekend.  It's quite impressive when a Kindergartener is determined enough to save up months of chore money and garage sale money to get a specific toy.  He wanted the UCS Slave 1, but I convinced him to go with this for playability reasons.

Anyway, we opened it up and started on it last night, and we are both thoroughly impressed.  The build will be complex, but at the same time entertaining enough to keep a little kid engrossed for quite some time.  The ship will be quite hefty, but considering it comes with seven mini-figs and opens up, it will provide endless entertainment for him.  I also plan to keep the box, just in case it is worth something when he is grown, which I think may be possible with the Han figure, especially considering what happened in the latest movie.

You can´t go wrong with a Falcon - it´s the VW Golf of Lego.

I passed up one of these at TRU, MIB, for a personal build earlier today for 35% below MRSP which i'm now seriously regretting.

Nothings changed since then but I've missed the opportunity to use 2 coupons in 1 go which means if i buy online now I only get 28% off (and thats like £9!).
I'm convinced I'll get an opportunity to get one at least at this level before x-mas.  Now debating whether to let this one go for now (I really dont need it and have no space available to put it atm even if i did buy).

Great looking set and @DP112 I think you're right about Han (and even folding that box and sticking it behind a wardrobe cant be a bad idea). 
I can't see TLG rehashing a TFA set in the near future with this fig.  I mean Han will make a number more appearances but I don't think we'll see old han again until at least the Maz Kanta's "cantina" refresh in 2019.

I have 3 that I got NIB for about 70 dollars each. Looking for a good return on these by end of year or early next year. I agree don't see a new MF set coming in the near future and seeing how Han is dead I don't see any more "new" minifigs of him to be released.

There's no reason for them to not extend production of this through EPVIII.

On 18-4-2016 at 10:31 AM, Val-E said:

Great for personal builds and long term holders but when the marker is full of resellers it doesn`t really change anything as you won´t be able to flip above 120 euros unless shops run out of stock, which did happen thanks to TFA.

It´s also why I insist that there is no sense in investing in sets before last quarter as prices are higher and the hold time is longer. You would think shops would lower their prices during off peak season, but it seems to be the opposite. I can´t remember the last time there was a decent TRU sale on all Lego themes here, maybe Nov ´14.

sometimes it's worth buying sooner. If the discount is great on a nice exclusive set for example. 

Last year there was a May 4th 40% discount... this year no repeat unfortunately...

• 2 weeks later...