75105 - Millennium Falcon

shortyz

7 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Yep, it's a turkey, even at 50% off. There's a huge amount in the wild and it was nearly always available from every Tom, Richard and Harry at >40% off. There's no way that this will ever reach RRP post EOL.

It already did. At least in US. 

3 hours ago, The Rookie said:

In the US, this is starting to climb over RRP.  Check eBay.  Perhaps this is a panic buying anomaly because its OOS at SAH?

It would have been the same here too but over supply has killed the flipping window. Now we need to wait and see how the new one looks to see what post EOL appreciation - or not, there will be.

1 hour ago, Val-E said:

It would have been the same here too but over supply has killed the flipping window. Now we need to wait and see how the new one looks to see what post EOL appreciation - or not, there will be.

I'm guessing (and hoping) the new version will look quite different. A clean look, different paint job, different minifigs. For fans of the main series of films it won't be an alternative. It may take some (considerable maybe) time, but 75105 will gradually grow to RRP in Europe.

Guest TabbyBoy
31 minutes ago, Haay said:

I'm guessing (and hoping) the new version will look quite different. A clean look, different paint job, different minifigs. For fans of the main series of films it won't be an alternative. It may take some (considerable maybe) time, but 75105 will gradually grow to RRP in Europe.

Same here as I hope it's "right enough" for fans to also want 7975 and 75105 and pay through the nose for them! 75105 will be a good test for the Star Wars medium sets aftermarket. I'm hoping that none of us bought at RRP otherwise their could be tears and tantrums ahead.

Oversupply hasn’t stopped US holiday shoppers. With over 220 available on eBay, some have sold for over $200.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

• 3 weeks later...
Retired now at SAH EU - is this likely to last?

If anything I’m willing to bet that yes there will be another millennium falcon. However I’m hoping that it’s going to be the one featured in the new Solo movie, which going by pictures flying around, has a blue and white color scheme. If that version was released as a Lego it would be completely unique and would most likely not affect this falcon.

34 minutes ago, tawsauce said:

If anything I’m willing to bet that yes there will be another millennium falcon. However I’m hoping that it’s going to be the one featured in the new Solo movie, which going by pictures flying around, has a blue and white color scheme. If that version was released as a Lego it would be completely unique and would most likely not affect this falcon.

That´s aready confirmed. We are waiting for a leaked pic, which should be around later this month or early next. These sets may not be at the toy fairs or, if they are, they will be in no camera areas.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that we have the leaked pic of the horror that is the "Kessel Run" MF... what is the thought for 75105? Can this hit 200? They sold for that when Force Awakens came out and LEGO Shop at Home and everywhere else was sold out. Has it really been that overproduced? I should probably say that I think it has a chance of hitting 200 fairly soon. I wouldn't be surprised if by this summer that was the going rate. I also wouldn't be surprised to see it linger at 130. 

Edited by lukiepete
  • Like 1

Still available from several (online) retailers here:

TRU Netherlands: from €159,99 for €134,99 ...  http://www.toysrus.nl/product/index.jsp?productId=47426201 

A-Tembo: for €139,95 ... https://www.a-tembo.nl/lego/millennium-falcon-75105

SpeelgoedNL: for €139,95 ... https://www.speelgoednl.nl/lego-75105-star-wars-millennium-falcon

Vivolanda.nl: for €140 ... https://www.vivolanda.nl/nl/product/5838/1SSLKS1H/speelgoed-alle-thema-s-star-wars/lego-star-wars-millennium-falcon

Clicknbrick.nl: for €144,95 ... https://www.clicknbrick.nl/lego-75105-star-wars-millennium-falcon.html

• Like 1

Going on 3 days now that this is back from the dead at EU SAH. Another glitch or do they really have so much excess stock?
Not great as every day this set is available below RRP will make it harder to climb before the Kessel edition one comes out.

Yes certainly not ideal the amount of excess stock we now have to get through as we'll have to wait for a lot more flippers to shift their stock which I initially hope would have happened at Xmas. I also dumped most of my stock before Xmas in the fear the kessel run would be a carbon copy but after seeing it i have hope again. Although these were easy to pick up for £70 I'm now tempted by a few more at this price as I think the price may jump again once the masses see what the kessel run set looks like. People wont associate this with the falcon we all know and love and therefore I think the film will drum up a bit of love for 75105 again. Plus the chances of lego releasing another 'original' falcon for some time after this will be a while so I actually think 75105 will do ok again in 6-12 months.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
On 14/01/2018 at 8:23 PM, TabbyBoy said:

Has anybody been faced with any returns yet since it's only £97.99 with free postage from SaH?

Damn... I just had to process a return of a 75105, luckily it was still in my outer box and the set is still sealed also. The buyer said that he ordered one from SaH for £97.99 and it'll actually cost him more now as he used Parcelforce48 to send it back to me costing him £12.98 plus the 10% restocking fee (which he moaned about but, eBay supported me). He'd have saved 96p and a lot of hassle if he'd just kept the sodding thing, idiot! He's now blocked from buying from me again.

I hope SaH don't deliver as he's not even got it yet! LOL

On 14/01/2018 at 2:10 PM, Val-E said:

Going on 3 days now that this is back from the dead at EU SAH. Another glitch or do they really have so much excess stock?

Not great as every day this set is available below RRP will make it harder to climb before the Kessel edition one comes out.

The Kessel MF looks odd, no threat to 75105 I think.