75105 - Millennium Falcon

shortyz

9 hours ago, Legodrdoom said:

£94.99 from £129.99 been like that for a while now.

Ah yes, but if you are buying from the UK and you buy online at Smyths, TRU or Lego and you go via '<some competing affiliate program' you get cash back for your online purchase. It's really easy, I bought an EV at Lego online when they had the May 4th offers and got a further £6.50 cash back on top of the savings.

*edited .. sorry, no competing affiliate programs allowed in the forums.*

Edited by gregpj

• 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, tezakhiago said:

I'm a bit new at this. This set is on for $150 CAD, normally $180. I never see deals like people post on here in Canada. I have limited money to tie up in lego investing right now, is this set a good idea at a 17% discount?

Perhaps brick u can say

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, tezakhiago said:

I'm a bit new at this. This set is on for $150 CAD, normally $180. I never see deals like people post on here in Canada. I have limited money to tie up in lego investing right now, is this set a good idea at a 17% discount?

For personal collection, if you can't find cheaper, than sure. For investment purposes, I'd like to see better than 17% off, as others have paid 30%, 50% and even 75% off RRP.

48 minutes ago, tezakhiago said:

This was just released last September. It is most likely not going anywhere anytime soon; not for at least another 12-18 months. Can you afford to have that money tied up in this set for that long? You have to look at your opportunity cost as well. Yes $30 saving is nice, but can you earn more than $30/set that you plan to sit on during the next 12-18 months?

45 minutes ago, tacsniper said:

This was just released last September. It is most likely not going anywhere anytime soon; not for at least another 12-18 months. Can you afford to have that money tied up in this set for that long? You have to look at your opportunity cost as well. Yes $30 saving is nice, but can you earn more than $30/set that you plan to sit on during the next 12-18 months?

I think I'm going to hold off on this. I saw this discount in Wal-Mart and got a little excited. I saw your other post about Costco having it on for $155. I think that even if this set is near EOL, a remake is right around the corner. My money would probably be better tied up in something else for now.

It's tempting to keep it for my personal collection but I just started collecting again and there are a lot of other sets I want more that are much closer to retirement (and less likely to be remade).

42 minutes ago, tezakhiago said:

I think I'm going to hold off on this. I saw this discount in Wal-Mart and got a little excited. I saw your other post about Costco having it on for $155. I think that even if this set is near EOL, a remake is right around the corner. My money would probably be better tied up in something else for now.

It's tempting to keep it for my personal collection but I just started collecting again and there are a lot of other sets I want more that are much closer to retirement (and less likely to be remade).

Buy one for personal collection is fine at $150. But not sitting on 10 of these hoping it will retired end of this year.

• Like 1

All that said, if you're lucky with the window to flip in, you can certainly make some money at that buy-in. I purchased a pair of these from Costco at that price around November last year. Christmas rolled around, people got money, or got money from returning gifts they didn't want, and proceed to spend money on things they didn't get but wanted. Last year the MF went OOS on LEGO Shop at Home on the 22nd or so of December. I had my Falcons listed up at $235 just on the off chance. Wasn't aware that the set had gone OOS at Lego, but within 2 days of it doing so, both my copies sold at the inflated price. After fees and that, I made about $40. Not bad for a 1 month hold, but my opportunity was prime and served up on a platter for me. 

Just another perspective to influence your decisions. :) This ship is and always will be popular. There will be buyers. Whether they're willing to pay premium is the question you have to gamble with. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
34 minutes ago, gupsterg said:

Currently Amazon UK £79.99 exclusively for Prime members. Due to a CB deal on some Amazon Gift cards this is coming at £65.49 to me, purpose is one set just for long term investment. I would like some opinions on the matter as noob starting out on collecting Lego.

nice price for building.

• 1 month later...

How is supply and pricing of this set round your way.

Here it is easy to find everywhere and at 30% off RRP, at worst. Ebay is a chock-a-block and sales are going through for 100 euros shipped.

Other years, this set (or equivalent) has always been scarce at this point of the season. Have shops ordered too many or has demand fallen?

This is one set I have zero of. Like MHD has said, it's been on permanent discount. Pretty sure I could have easily picked this up for £60 at a couple of points this year. This has got to be mega hoarded (yes you will always be able to sell at some price due to the popularity). It just seems that there are so many of these around so I don't want to get involved personally. If you get a great discount though, go for it. It will always sell. I don't see great growth though. Especially when they re-release the UCS ;)

Everyone keeps going on about a UCS Falcon being inevitable due to 40th anniversary, Han Solo Film etc etc. But when has Lego been predictable? Don't get me wrong, I would love the rumours to be true, since there is no way I'm shelling out the monies required for one on the secondary market since the wife will literally hung draw and quarter me! But until someone can provide some substantive proof that this is happening next year or the year after, its nothing but wishful thinking.

11 minutes ago, LahH001 said:

Everyone keeps going on about a UCS Falcon being inevitable due to 40th anniversary, Han Solo Film etc etc. But when has Lego been predictable? Don't get me wrong, I would love the rumours to be true, since there is no way I'm shelling out the monies required for one on the secondary market since the wife will literally hung draw and quarter me! But until someone can provide some substantive proof that this is happening next year or the year after, its nothing but wishful thinking.

Resultado de imagen de wire me the monies

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LahH001 said:

As I've said before. If Lego (and Disney) decides to remake the UCS Falcon it will be the final nail in the coffin for lego investing.

Just imagine a lottery without the ultimate price being millions of dollars. You buy a ticket for 10 dollar and the maximum win is 50 dollar? How many people will buy tickets? 

The UCS Falcon keeps people dreaming of hoarding the next one. Eventhough chances are neglectable.