75105 - Millennium Falcon

shortyz

On 1/10/2016 at 0:13 PM, valenciaeric said:

Wow, these knock-offs are getting "better" and better.

<link removed - sorry, too many problems in the past with viruses from ali express>

If I were a bootlegger, it would be my number one model to copy.

They use original Lego images as product sample photos. On another similar site they had close up pictures, and the nobs of the bricks still showed the familiar Lego logo! They're just ripped off Lego images and the real product will probably look worse. :P 

Edited by gregpj
ali ex links not allowed
  • Like 1

<link removed - sorry, too many problems in the past with viruses from ali express>

LOL @ STAR WNRS...

Edited by gregpj
ali ex links not allowed

I like this Star Wars set better: <link removed - sorry, too many problems in the past with viruses from ali express>

Edited by gregpj
ali ex links not allowed

4 hours ago, valenciaeric said:

Yeah, the part count is much lower too. I guess they have just photoshopped the box artwork. Not a great deal considering the legit one can be had for around 70 euros.

1 hour ago, jbacunn said:

The bootleg MF is 213 pieces. I would LOVE to see what this thing actually looks like built.

Ha, people ordering that box from Aliexpress thinking they will get an imitation 'Lego' MF looking more or less the same as the real Lego MF will be very disappointed when they receive their order and open the box. :D 

10 minutes ago, bluebeatz said:

What do you think, will the MF retire at the in of 2016? Just like the ISD and AT-AT last year.

They have to rebox it and swap Luke for Han, and replace Tasu Leech and his buddy with another couple of generic baddies. Don't forget that they retired 7965 in Dec. 2014 only to bring 75105 in Sept of 2015.

50 minutes ago, TheGallows said:

Is there a new film next year then?

This year, 2016, in December we'll see the stand-alone movie "Rogue One" (playing chronologically right before Episode IV with the Rebels stealing the plans for the Death Star, which connects right to the opening of Episode IV where Leia is pursued by Darth Vader and she hides the plans in R2-D2). 

Around Summer 2017 the next movie of the new trilogy, Episode VIII, will be showing, with more MF action. :) 

• Like 1

Look back at the previous iterations and 7965 and 9493 lasted longer than the rest. Xmas sales show they are the most popular so expect at least 2 year lives, going on 3. The other sets like Tie and Kylo may not reach 2 years and the ones that are selling poorly might within the year.

7 minutes ago, Haay said:

This year, 2016, in December we'll see the stand-alone movie "Rogue One" (playing chronologically right before Episode IV with the Rebels stealing the plans for the Death Star, which connects right to the opening of Episode IV where Leia is pursued by Darth Vader and she hides the plans in R2-D2). 

Around Summer 2017 the next movie of the new trilogy, Episode VIII, will be showing, with more MF action. :) 

Correct. May 2017 is for the new movie release. Could well be a update/refresh of the MF before hand therefore the current one will have a short shelf life. Will the MF appear in the 2018 Han Solo movie. Will there be a refresh for it if so?

28 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

Look back at the previous iterations and 7965 and 9493 lasted longer than the rest. Xmas sales show they are the most popular so expect at least 2 year lives, going on 3. The other sets like Tie and Kylo may not reach 2 years and the ones that are selling poorly might within the year.

I think that the Snowspeeder cannot get a lot of refreshes. It looks ugly and was really not utilized. It's going to be unfamiliar to most kids.

18 minutes ago, Alfiepops said:

Correct. May 2017 is for the new movie release. Could well be a update/refresh of the MF before hand therefore the current one will have a short shelf life. Will the MF appear in the 2018 Han Solo movie. Will there be a refresh for it if so?

If the Falcon gets so many refreshes, what could they do to make it interesting enough to buy? The version that they have right now is pretty good. Kids wanting one might drive sales of new ones, but the old ones are just going to sit and molder because anyone who wants a Falcon will be able to run out and get one. If they do it, I bet that there's not many changes made to design, just new box and new minifigures.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, valenciaeric said:

In my opinion, @Ciglione might be right and times could be different now. Instead of a decade with no new SW movies at all there'll always be a latest SW movie at all times for the forthcoming years. So the idea of shorter shelf lives for prominent SW spaceships/vehicles featured in the new movies isn't farfetched.

• Like 1

Too much cost just for 1 minifig change. No way is it going this year, but from 2017 on it´s a definite possibility. Actually, I´m not aware of many sets that have been remade within less than 3 years of release - maybe just the shuttle explorer and Homing Spiders. Any others?

It also depends on how big of a role the MF is going to play in Episode VIII. Now that 

Spoiler

the MF owner Han Solo is dead. Rey is more or less the new captain, but she's basically the protagonist of the new trilogy and her role will be much bigger than merely captaining the MF. 

Who knows... The MF might even go out spectacularly in Episode VIII ! And if that's the case then likely only for the stand-alone Han Solo movie premièring in 2018 a new MF LEGO set will be created.