75105 - Millennium Falcon

shortyz

Wha't the 12 EUR coupon code?

'Shop2015'

Checked it again at this moment and I noticed that this coupon is still working except not for SW anymore :-P I think the sets were sold too cheap this morning.

EDIT: Sorry, I was dumb and not reading. It is still working, but have to order more than 75 euro's. Than you are fine ;-) I was checking the code on a single Poe's starfighter, that was too cheap (72 euro after the original discount) and the code didn't apply.

Edited by JM123

There is a free 12 euro coupon at the moment, or in case of an X-wing or Slave 1 (set more expensive than 120 euro) you can use the free 10% discount code that comes with the newsletter.

You can calculate my prices with this information and see I don't talk bullshit.

Thanks for the info. I can understand that´s how you get them for 107 euros but what I don´t see is the interest in reselling them for only 18 euros more. I must have missed something else.

Thanks for the info. I can understand that´s how you get them for 107 euros but what I don´t see is the interest in reselling them for only 18 euros more. I must have missed something else.

I understand and appreciate it, I think its better to put them away and wait till EOL. I agree with you, so thanks for the heads up

I understand and appreciate it, I think its better to put them away and wait till EOL. I agree with you, so thanks for the heads up

I´d  try flipping them for as close to RRP as possible just before Xmas when they are likely to be out of stock in most places. Waiting for EOL will be more than 2 years and then the saving is nullified by the time the capital has been tied up. Of course it´s your decision.

Is anyone expecting a big shortfall on these at Christmas? They are not easy to spot in the wild in Australia at the moment. 

Past evidence would suggest this to be so. Also, if Lego don´t start retiring stuff soon they are going to spread themselves very then when the Xmas horde awakens.

• Like 1

The usual wave of retirements at the end of the year is imminent. Expect some original trilogy sets to retire. Possibly the AT-AT, the ISD, and others of the same series. The focus is now on the new movies and their sets.

I agree with you there.  I've noticed some of those OT 2014 summer wave sets are starting to really thin, and haven't seen them making a comeback in retail stores.  I definitely think At-At's, ISDs and Cantinas are on their way out.  I wouldnt' be shocked if by january they'll be hard to find in the wild and online.  Right now, all of them are easily obtainable at discounts from RRP at most online sites.  That should change when christmas hits, and people scarf them up for christmas presents.  Judging from the upcoming set lists for the 2016 winter wave, I don't see any of those being remade anytime soon.. Although, maybe ISD could reappear for Rogue One when they release those toys in September 2016, but you never know.  I kind of think 2016 will be all about Force Awakens and then they will carry into Rogue One where we will start to see toys for that movie (many of which could have a New Hope theme to them).

Edited by fossilrock
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I’m beginning to wonder about the longevity of the 75105 version of the Millennium Falcon, with the figs being so aligned to TFA and with the ship being such an obvious remodel of 7965.  Another remake with episode 8 related figs, doesn’t seem out of the question. 

I’d agree a 2 lifespan on 75105 seems realistic. What happens in the movies is anyone’s guess, but with it likely to play a role in the alternative movies, not being in episode 8 is a possibility.  Another UCS version does seem more likely now. 

I´d say they will gradually kill off / reduce  the protagonism of the OT characters and machines through the next trilogy to focus on the newer characters otherwise it will end up being like Fast and Furious or The Mercenaries which are labour exchanges than actual films as their casts are so bloated.

Totally agree, with Luke coming back into play and the need for new villains, other OT characters will need to go on vacation. The nostalgia kick works for the first new film, but the next has to be fresh.  Really can’t see 75105 lasting much past the 2016 sales peak and the release of Episode 8. 

Probably good news for people holding onto 7965s.  

After seeing the film I am for sure buying this set.  Originally I wanted nothing to do with it after the last one being released.   But now I am hooked and have to have it.  I am sure there will be or have been lots that are sharing this same feeling after seeing the film. 

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy
23 hours ago, valenciaeric said:

75030 is now almost at 3x RRP. Looking good.

As TFA hype was building, I spent the last week cleaning out local supermarkets that had them half price. I managed to scrap 43 together for £4.99 a pop which I'll turf out in the New Year once more people have seen TFA. I have a fear of crowds and an intolerance to long queues so I won't be seeing TFA until either the last week it's on at cinemas or buy the BluRay. I'm prepared for disappointment as I've only heard excellent or dire reviews for the movie, nothing in between. 75105 is also tempting but, it's not dropped enough in price for me to pull the trigger.

• 2 weeks later...

My son and I finally built his 75105. Still strange that while Han looks older, Chewie looks younger when compared to the prep version. Ha. Anyway...

Does anyone else have problems trying to fit Chewie and other minifig in the closed cockpit? He's too tall. Heck, we are having a hard time aligning both side jumpers to close the darn thing.

I did do one custom mod so far.

Added the floor compartment where Rey fixes the gas leak.

568c4c06f0fc4_ImageUploadedByBrickpicker

• Like 7

8 hours ago, jaisonline said:

My son and I finally built his 75105. Still strange that while Han looks older, Chewie looks younger when compared to the prep version. Ha. Anyway...

Does anyone else have problems trying to fit Chewie and other minifig in the closed cockpit? He's too tall. Heck, we are having a hard time aligning both side jumpers to close the darn thing.

My son and I finished our building of the 75105 last night as well. It's a nice looking Lego model of the MF and I'm happy to have it on display now. :) 

Yes, I noticed the same issues. Chewbacca doesn't fit in the cockpit together with another minifig, and the attachment of the cockpit is quite flimsy.

Wow, these knock-offs are getting "better" and better.

<link removed - sorry, too many problems in the past with viruses from ali express>

If I were a bootlegger, it would be my number one model to copy.

Edited by gregpj
ali ex links not allowed