75105 - Millennium Falcon

shortyz

18 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

Too much cost just for 1 minifig change. No way is it going this year, but from 2017 on it´s a definite possibility. Actually, I´m not aware of many sets that have been remade within less than 3 years of release - maybe just the shuttle explorer and Homing Spiders. Any others?

MF, B-wing, Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator? 

I have just removed a bunch of links to ali express merch. Please do not post links to that site. Yes, last year we had numerous users get infected with a computer virus that messed with your DNS settings on your computer and even in your router to redirect searches/links/etc to less than desirable sites..

If you feel the need to post information about counterfeit products, please go to the right thread and post where people can find them rather than direct links. All direct links get deleted.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Armor said:

You need a good buy in. Don't be buying these at retail prices. 

I agree with this. Too many movies in the pipeline for them to ever have a long gap in the next decade without one on the market IMO. I'll pick this one up for collection for sure, but won't be stockpiling at retail price. Best thing it has going for it IMO is it has the only "old" Han Solo fig made so far. But I can think of other potential TFA sets they could make with one. "Solo Family Bridge Showdown"

• Like 3

8 hours ago, macpro76 said:

I have been picking up (1) 75105 Millennium Falcon every month.  I have 12 so far.  I wondering if anyone else has been doing the same.  Is it worth still collecting?  I am kind of comparing it to the previous retired Lego MF #7965 (2011) retailed at $139.99.  Current price point new is at ~$200.00.  

thoughts?

How did you accumulate 12 copies so far when you only bbought one MF every month?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, macpro76 said:

I have been picking up (1) 75105 Millennium Falcon every month.  I have 12 so far.  I wondering if anyone else has been doing the same.  Is it worth still collecting?  I am kind of comparing it to the previous retired Lego MF #7965 (2011) retailed at $139.99.  Current price point new is at ~$200.00.  

thoughts?

Agreed buying this at retail will be close to a wash for awhile as I imagine growth is going to be small for the first year or two post EOL. You might have to wait longer than a set that wasn't just made would have...

I like the strategy of receiving them for free but now way would I be buying them at this time of the year, unless at least 50% off. It´s a set to flip or buy at the last moment and should have between  9 - 20 months more of life if not more.

Edited by Val-E
  • Like 1

I have two kids.  a boy is 9 and my girl is 4.  They both have bdays in 1 month.   I have friends and family get the kids lego gift card instead of boxed gifts.  

I get the kids what ever set they want totaling $100.  I keep the rest for investment.  They are fine with it.  Considering - the sets will be there in the end, anyway.  lol

• 1 month later...

For me this isn't a set I'll be investing in. Will probably be the most hoarded and flipped TFA set and I think when it does disappear it will only be a year before the next one comes out.  So many new films coming out that all normal lego release rules will go out of the window. 

37 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

For me this isn't a set I'll be investing in. Will probably be the most hoarded and flipped TFA set and I think when it does disappear it will only be a year before the next one comes out.  So many new films coming out that all normal lego release rules will go out of the window. 

It won't even be a year. Episode 8 comes out 2017. This set would have to retire this September for it to make it a year retired and I don't see that happening. 

2 hours ago, The Lurker said:

If you are planning to invest in these i would personally wait till a 3 for 2 offer comes up. I would not be buying these for more than £85 to invest/flip.

I'm not really a seller, I fall under the 'mint in box collector' category. If I happen to buy a kit that ends up being worth £1000s then I'll sell it, otherwise I'm quite happy just collecting.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Val-E said:

Exactly, at 80 euros or less it is a no brainer and it won´t be retiring soon as it is Lego´s cash cow for SW.

That's where you got to weight in cash flow/opportunity cost factor. Will you want to sit on 10,20,30? of these even at 80 euros knowing this will probably have at least 2-3 years shelf life.

Costco had these at below MSRP in Canada, but I am not dipping into this yet. I have other items i can flip to make more money than to sit on these for the next few years.

Edited by tacsniper

17 hours ago, Val-E said:

Exactly, at 80 euros or less it is a no brainer and it won´t be retiring soon as it is Lego´s cash cow for SW.

Seriously? A €160 (Dutch RRP) flagship Star Wars TFA set for 50% off ? I don't know in what fairy tale country you're living, but that's impossible to get here. :P 

The cheapest I've seen the 75105 set offered was €115. Even at an impossible (here) €100 for the 75105 I would already jump on it. And many many others with me!