75105 - Millennium Falcon

shortyz

Since this set has a MSRP in The Netherlands of €159,99 I jumped to the chance to buy it from a Dutch retailer / webshop for €130 (+€5,95 S&H). Going to keep it sealed and see what the price will do in the coming months / years. :)

In my opinion it´s a bit too soon to buy in for long term investment and certainly not at more than 30% off - before Xmas there will be better deals and this set should be around for at least two years, if not more.

Even a quick flip at Xmas is not likely to be worth more than 170 and then after commissions you are back to where you started.....

• Like 3

In my opinion it´s a bit too soon to buy in for long term investment and certainly not at more than 30% off - before Xmas there will be better deals and this set should be around for at least two years, if not more.

Even a quick flip at Xmas is not likely to be worth more than 170 and then after commissions you are back to where you started.....

well said.  

Before we know it, retailers will have sales on these TFA sets.  Only prob is that it might take a while :(

I understand your position, which is catered to the situation in (presumably) the States. Right? 

Looking at the price elasticity of LEGO in The Netherlands I don't think I'll see this set go below 130 Euro. For example, TRU in The Netherlands didn't have any discount on LEGO Start Wars sets when they were revealed, unlike what TRU did in the USA. There are also no LEGO brand stores in The Netherlands. And when a Dutch toystore (Intertoys) recently had a 15% discount on advanced modular building sets they sold out in no time. 

That's life for Dutch LEGO enthusiasts... ;-)

I understand your position, which is catered to the situation in (presumably) the States. Right? 

Looking at the price elasticity of LEGO in The Netherlands I don't think I'll see this set go below 130 Euro. For example, TRU in The Netherlands didn't have any discount on LEGO Start Wars sets when they were revealed, unlike what TRU did in the USA. There are also no LEGO brand stores in The Netherlands. And when a Dutch toystore (Intertoys) recently had a 15% discount on advanced modular building sets they sold out in no time. 

I think this set will be a nice flip in the USA this Christmas.  It is extremely hard to find it in my city already.

it is already ranked 278 in toys on Amazon.

• Like 1

This set can be found all over the place in the Oakland County, MI area - North of Detroit .  (Meijer's, Walmart and Target all have multiples)  Nothing here says quick flips and I could already pull a 20% plus discount on it if I wanted.  I choose not to as expect sales will be better in the near future and this set can still be found.  This tuff will all reload for the movie and Christmas

No, I´m European too and I can tell you I didn´t pay more than 120 euros for a 7965 and 85 euros was perfectly attainable in late 14. You will probably have to wait a while to get those prices but it makes no sense to hoard now at less than 20% off - the CAGR doesn´t work out compared to even full price at EOL.

It's just under review at Amazon. Will be back once they learn how to ship it.

While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible.

It's just under review at Amazon. Will be back once they learn how to ship it.

While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible.

I always forget to click on the item.  Thanks for the clarification.  Resume panic...

• 3 weeks later...

I have been going back and forth on using gift cards and coupons to get a couple of these for the holidays. I feel like it will be THE set from wave 1 for the holiday, but I wonder if there will be a massive amount hitting in the next month since they have been selling so well.

I'd personally put money elsewhere.  I see at least 10 of these available on target, and have seen them at numerous walmarts in my area lately.  If you're going to spend 150, for a xmas flip that will make you money, go all in on JW, retired architecture sets you may still find in B&N, or something like Echto1.

I'd personally put money elsewhere.  I see at least 10 of these available on target, and have seen them at numerous walmarts in my area lately.  If you're going to spend 150, for a xmas flip that will make you money, go all in on JW, retired architecture sets you may still find in B&N, or something like Echto1.

No mucking about from Amazon.de straight down to 120 euros a month after release. Are they price matching any German shop offer at the moment?

Bought one from Amazon.DE just now. My second MF. :)

With all respect, but 130 euro's is not a great price for this set. You can buy them from me if you like, I sell them for 125 euro's.

Bought a bunch of 75105 for 107 euro today, some imperial assault carriers for 85 and a bunch of 10240 X-wing for 153 euro. All at Galeria Kaufhof, thank you Germany! Who is saying that Germany has crap Lego deals has not a close look at some deals there. Today those SW deals were amazing at Galeria Kaufhof, you could also pick up a UCS Slave 1 for 145 euro, but unfortunately I missed those.

Happy weekend und vielen dank Deutschland!

• Like 2

With all respect, but 130 euro's is not a great price for this set. You can buy them from me if you like, I sell them for 125 euro'.

Yeah, I'm jealous of you here in The Netherlands. But happy to get this MF for 121 sent to Holland. Better deal than what I could get here.

I bet some of those 10240s will be on eBay soon. LOL

With all respect, but 130 euro's is not a great price for this set. You can buy them from me if you like, I sell them for 125 euro's.

Bought a bunch of 75105 for 107 euro today, some imperial assault carriers for 85 and a bunch of 10240 X-wing for 153 euro. All at Galeria Kaufhof, thank you Germany! Who is saying that Germany has crap Lego deals has not a close look at some deals there. Today those SW deals were amazing at Galeria Kaufhof, you could also pick up a UCS Slave 1 for 145 euro, but unfortunately I missed those.

Happy weekend und vielen dank Deutschland!

The price is 119 euros which is not great but still 20% off. I would hope you aren´t buying for 107 and selling for 125!

Who is saying that Germany has crap Lego deals has not a close look at some deals there.

I'm often saying we rarely have good deals ^.^ But today was one of the good days! :-) (And compared to U.S. deals I'll continue to say it :-P).

These have been the best deals I've seen on LEGO products in a long time! I know that Galleria Kaufhof has got these deals every now and then but most of the really good deals don't last long (Slave I for example).

Got myself two sets for my own collection and didn't pay more/much more for the other sets that I got myself recently so I'm a happy man today :-)
(Only wish I had more money... would have liked to buy 2 more sets for my personal collection ;-) ).

• Like 1

The price is 119 euros which is not great but still 20% off. I would hope you aren´t buying for 107 and selling for 125!

There is a free 12 euro coupon at the moment, or in case of an X-wing or Slave 1 (set more expensive than 120 euro) you can use the free 10% discount code that comes with the newsletter.

You can calculate my prices with this information and see I don't talk bullshit.

There is a free 12 euro coupon at the moment, or in case of an X-wing or Slave 1 (set more expensive than 120 euro) you can use the free 10% discount code that comes with the newsletter.

You can calculate my prices with this information and see I don't talk bullshit.

Wha't the 12 EUR of 10% off coupon code?

Edited by cissi