75105 - Millennium Falcon

shortyz

On 26 December 2016 at 6:58 PM, Ciglione said:

As I've said before. If Lego (and Disney) decides to remake the UCS Falcon it will be the final nail in the coffin for lego investing.

Just imagine a lottery without the ultimate price being millions of dollars. You buy a ticket for 10 dollar and the maximum win is 50 dollar? How many people will buy tickets? 

The UCS Falcon keeps people dreaming of hoarding the next one. Eventhough chances are neglectable.  

The UCS MF remake is inevitable. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
28 minutes ago, giannini78 said:

Currently £45 (plus P & P) on Amazon in the U.K.

Great price, but I don't trust Amazon not to wreck the box in transit.

At the prices that seller is asking for, box quality is the last thing I´d be worried about. Let´s see how long they last before the account is cancelled as it is clearly just another scam.

12 hours ago, Val-E said:

At the prices that seller is asking for, box quality is the last thing I´d be worried about. Let´s see how long they last before the account is cancelled as it is clearly just another scam.

think the seller was germany based ? no longer has any lego listings.....

• 3 months later...

Can we see this retiring any time soon?

- Arguments for retirement - been out a while c. 2 years, with UCS MF on the way (why keep a cheap alternative available)

- Reasons to keep - contestant stream of Star wars movies coming - TLJ and Hans Solo film. Also a solid seller, so why would Lego retire it.

I think a lot will rest on whether the Han Solo film sets have any from of MF, if there is a midi-scale then I cant see them heaving so many MF's out at once...

Edited by andyposterfan

1 minute ago, andyposterfan said:

Can we see this retiring any time soon?

The last one lasted 4 years with zero movies to support it. I think this one continues on. There will always be a $100ish falcon on the market, be silly not to have one. Timmy will see the UCS in the window of the Lego store and settle for the 75105 which will seem huge once it's home. Mom & Dad will be shocked by the $800 price of the UCS and then be happy to pay $150 for the alternative. Everyone wins. 

• Like 1

I think that's a very good point, after all 7965 retired end of 2014, so there was hardly any gap until the latest MF. Validates your point.

I think that point makes 75105 a difficult one to invest in... always the fear of a new replacement coming and regularly available for a low price.

I had 4 - built 1, sold 2, now just deciding whether to sell the last one I have sealed. No point holding it if it isn't going to appreciate in value.

13 minutes ago, Floriano said:

Considering that the new MF UCS is the new big SW set being announced for release on Oct 1st, do you believe it will be sold to VIP members on mid Sep? 

Most likely on the 14th of Sep, as the in store calendar states VIP access for two exclusive sets.

September-2017-LEGO-Brand-Retail-Store-C

1 hour ago, cladner said:

SOLD OUT at usa shop at home. with new $800 MF coming out, there might be some room for appreciation if we don't get another smaller scale sub $200  MF model.

There is no room. This is the MF for the middle class. Translation, this set is here to stay for a long time. Perfect for those that wants to make the kids happy after telling them they cannot have the giant one Timmy drooled at in the Lego store. 

Edited by tacsniper
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, tacsniper said:

There is no room. This is the MF for the middle class. Translation, this set is here to stay for a long time. Perfect for those that wants to make the kids happy after telling them they cannot have the giant one Timmy drooled at in the Lego store. 

i think its about time for the rectangle antenna midi-remake :) .  i haven't gone deep on this one at all and unless get them for 50% off, won't.  so probably a sure fire winner.

Edited by cladner

5 minutes ago, tacsniper said:

This picture tells you nothing?

20968910_168771857005348_314360071128822

On 8/29/2017 at 10:04 AM, Wildemar said:

I think Hans Burkhard Schlömer's comment on brickset leaves little room for speculation:

0Y8xxzw.png

This is strong stuff. Should I really be buying 75105 now?  I don't have any. But always expected it to be around for another year or so.  It appears to be on back-order in the European sites? Will there be another run?  Maybe they really want to get those Kylo Ren mask boxes cleared out before this holiday season?

On 8/29/2017 at 6:05 AM, marcandre said:

The last one lasted 4 years with zero movies to support it. I think this one continues on. There will always be a $100ish falcon on the market, be silly not to have one. Timmy will see the UCS in the window of the Lego store and settle for the 75105 which will seem huge once it's home. Mom & Dad will be shocked by the $800 price of the UCS and then be happy to pay $150 for the alternative. Everyone wins. 

That's exactly what's gonna happen. Once 75105 retires my guess it will go for around 150 to 200. Mom & dad rather buy a 200hundred set instead of spending over 800.00 on a set. I have 18 of 75105 on my brickfolio.