71012 - Minifigures - Disney: Series 1

exciter1

1 hour ago, darkhorseoflego said:

So how do people obtain cases of these and for a low enough price to be able to profit selling at rrp? And how do some people have them to hand already? :mda:

One of the many mysteries we may never have answers to....only assumptions.  

So how do people obtain cases of these and for a low enough price to be able to profit selling at rrp? And how do some people have them to hand already? :mda:

I got last series from Indigo. With Canadian exchange rates and a promo they were running it was around $3 a pack right out-of the gate. And they arrived before my minifigure plus order. As for making money selling at retail, plenty of tricks, can't give away all the secrets, but I'll help you a little, the black baseplates sell for 0.40 ea on BL (that's $24 per case that people usually give away for free)

55 minutes ago, justapilgrim said:

I got last series from Indigo. With Canadian exchange rates and a promo they were running it was around $3 a pack right out-of the gate. And they arrived before my minifigure plus order. As for making money selling at retail, plenty of tricks, can't give away all the secrets, but I'll help you a little, the black baseplates sell for 0.40 ea on BL (that's $24 per case that people usually give away for free)

Yeah but they don't part out the cases, they sell them sealed so they won't be making individual money from base plates etc. Unless I understood your comment wrong?

11 hours ago, darkhorseoflego said:

Yeah but they don't part out the cases, they sell them sealed so they won't be making individual money from base plates etc. Unless I understood your comment wrong?

If you're good a smooshing, you can often sell the more rare and highly sought after ones for a premium.. often paying for a large chunk of the case. Then when the series retires, you sell "random" lots of the leftovers (3,6,9 bags) to reduce shipping costs.

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 11:08 PM, Darth_Raichu said:
Also, since I am still dreaming, how about minifigs of Goliath and co from Gargoyles? or Xanatos in his red Gargoyle suit?

Oh man... Don't do that to me! I almost had palpitations... That was such an awesome show... Sigh...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, gregpj said:

If you're good a smooshing, you can often sell the more rare and highly sought after ones for a premium.. often paying for a large chunk of the case. Then when the series retires, you sell "random" lots of the leftovers (3,6,9 bags) to reduce shipping costs.

But that still requires parting out the cases to smoosh each bag individually.  I believe darkhorseoflego is specifically referring to a sealed entire case of the series.  I understand you could certainly turn a profit if you're opening and parting out the case.  But as for selling a sealed case of 60, how is any profit made by the seller when it's sold for rrp?

3 minutes ago, schmidtywerben said:

But that still requires parting out the cases to smoosh each bag individually.  I believe darkhorseoflego is specifically referring to a sealed entire case of the series.  I understand you could certainly turn a profit if you're opening and parting out the case.  But as for selling a sealed case of 60, how is any profit made by the seller when it's sold for rrp?

Patience and luck, just like with every other LEGO sets

19 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Patience and luck, just like with every other LEGO sets

Doesn't take patience or luck.  They are selling a box for less than RRP ($3.83 a pack) day one.  He is asking how are they getting the sealed boxes from LEGO prior to for a good enough price to sell for that price day one.  

47 minutes ago, DenJ91 said:

Doesn't take patience or luck.  They are selling a box for less than RRP ($3.83 a pack) day one.  He is asking how are they getting the sealed boxes from LEGO prior to for a good enough price to sell for that price day one.  

They definitely lucked into a way to profit from that price.  Like they are going to tell everyone how :P

So my statement stands

• Like 1

Quick question, slightly off-topic. I have 3 cases (cases unsealed but contents are as it left the factory - IE 60 sealed minifigs in the quantities intended for a full box) of series 14 minifigs picked up in the Tesco cheapo sale going back several months (think they were 60p each minifig or something). Just wondering what the best tactics are for selling them on at the best profit? Would you just hold on to the entire boxes for months or years and sell as is, or part out full sets at some point etc? Cheers

I'm mobile and can't move this. Could you please ask this question in the Minifigures subgroup and the Series 14 topic? Thanks.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

They definitely lucked into a way to profit from that price.  Like they are going to tell everyone how :P

So my statement stands

well a bit of luck sure. I'm guessing they worked deals out obviously to get at wholesale and I don't know how and, no I don't want them telling everyone on here either.   I wish more people on this site kept things secret.  

either way, glad they can get them for those prices, so they can sell to us.  

• Like 6

3 hours ago, schmidtywerben said:

Ah yes, I see that.. there are a few tricks to getting the sealed cases cheaper than RRP, but none of the ones I know about are ethical. If you're lucky enough to live near a TRU that will allow you to buy a sealed case on TRUTH day (for you US folks), you could get a discount that way... but there does appear to be channels through which people can buy them by the boatload for less than RRP.

Otherwise, I think most people are here are buying sealed cases with the intent of parting them out (sealed polybags or not) or waiting for retirement to see if they go up in value.