71012 - Minifigures - Disney: Series 1

exciter1

…visited (3) Target stores in my area early this morning… first store has them but will only sell me 15, no more-no less… take it or leave it… second store was sold out… and the third store was the interesting one: The store shows 300 polybags but can't sell any until May 1st as their system says so… when I said that the other two stores I went to earlier were already selling it, I was told that each Target store has different dates on their system as to when a product is brought out to the floor… huh!?… I showed my frustration, but thank them anyways… 

…it's not the end of the world and this is not an exclusive, so I recon I'll get the other 8 minifigs I missed on this batch next time… got 5 dups out of 15… oh, well… good luck to you all on the hunt...

...Yesterday morning, went back to the Target store that was "sold out" last Saturday when I inquired... the nice lady I asked went to the stock room and came out with (2) boxes!... there was a note on both that says, "do not display before May 1"... took one box, opened it and got the minifigs I'm missing... left the box at the Lego aisle... not sure what happened to the 2nd box (maybe the lady brought it back to the stock room...

1 hour ago, Robertx said:

I feel the same. They are packaged so hopefully you just get a random figure. Not just cherry pick just the ones you want. Obviously they need to do a better job or else just keep them behind the counter. 

So people suppose to be buying and buying till They somehow get lucky and finally collect a complete set? What if I'd have 100 minifigs but still not a complete set....plus aren't (bored) Lego employees Do that themself and tell you what's what...

Edited by Lordoflego

11 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Why do you feel that way?

they are supposed to be a blind pack.  I suppose it's Lego's fault for not making it really "blind"

in my opinion it's different than clearing the shelves of all stock because that customer who comes after you isn't paying the same $$ to get a figure they don't have.  technically people who smoosh and get the ones they want are guaranteeing that 

10 hours ago, Robertx said:

I feel the same. They are packaged so hopefully you just get a random figure. Not just cherry pick just the ones you want. Obviously they need to do a better job or else just keep them behind the counter. 

+1000.  It's Lego's fault for making smooshing possible.  I don't really blame the people who do it.  Just saying I don't and wouldn't do it.  

9 hours ago, Lordoflego said:

So people suppose to be buying and buying till They somehow get lucky and finally collect a complete set? What if I'd have 100 minifigs but still not a complete set....plus aren't (bored) Lego employees Do that themself and tell you what's what...

uhh, yes?  why do you think it's called a blind pack.  if the packaging were a true blind pack, this is what you would have to do, no?  same with playing card games, baseball cards, etc...

9 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Only if you take 2 hours to smoosh 10 packs. There are other kids and adults who want to smoosh those packs too ;)

this is true too.  i've seen like 3 adults smooshing some packs to no end one time.  i just think it reflects very poorly on the Lego enthusiast community.

9 hours ago, lazuli16 said:

At my Lego store the employees will smoosh any figure you want, free of charge.  If they are fine with it, then so am I.

i've never really been into mini figures so I don't know the discrepancy in price but, what if it's like a $50 figure and the rest are a $1.  you're saying they will smoosh through everything they have and give you the $50 one?  sounds idiotic from Lego's standpoint.

Edited by ichiroll
  • Like 1