71012 - Minifigures - Disney: Series 1

exciter1

1 hour ago, gregpj said:

Ah yes, I see that.. there are a few tricks to getting the sealed cases cheaper than RRP, but none of the ones I know about are ethical. If you're lucky enough to live near a TRU that will allow you to buy a sealed case on TRUTH day (for you US folks), you could get a discount that way... but there does appear to be channels through which people can buy them by the boatload for less than RRP.

Otherwise, I think most people are here are buying sealed cases with the intent of parting them out (sealed polybags or not) or waiting for retirement to see if they go up in value.

I think I could have gotten an entire sealed case of S14 the other day at Target - there was one thrown on a shelf somewhere completely sealed and the barcode rang up the price of a single one .... but my internal sense of right vs wrong didn't allow me to even consider trying this on a rookie cashier.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Phil B said:

I think I could have gotten an entire sealed case of S14 the other day at Target - there was one thrown on a shelf somewhere completely sealed and the barcode rang up the price of a single one .... but my internal sense of right vs wrong didn't allow me to even consider trying this on a rookie cashier.

Good job, we commend you.  There have some been yahoos on here that have done that and then post in the buy thread.  Those posts are quickly removed...

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, DenJ91 said:

did you let the employees know? because while you did the morale thing, there's nothing stopping the next person from doing it.  unless they removed it and opened the case i hope. 

I actually took it to CS and tried to get them to sell it to me (first challenge) for a discount (second challenge). They wanted $239 for the case so I left it with the advice to open the full case up immediately.

• Like 1

It should be somewhat obvious how they, Minifigure Plus, get their stock. Not hard to figure out. I pay no more than $160 per sealed case shipped and the cases are never the strip variety. 

I think it's obvious people want the answers handed to them...

• Like 3

Guest brickcrazyhouse

minifigure+ is a great source but I did get 4 cases of series 13 that came on strips, and they were not the expected distribution.  They were willing to make it right so I'ld buy from them again.

On 4/4/2016 at 11:17 PM, schmidtywerben said:

Guess it's getting close to that time to scrounge up some extra cash and somehow convince my wife that I "need" a case of these... or 4... just in case. 

I believe in you, man. 

We all believe in you.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RogerWilco said:

I certainly do. How do I get a case shipped to me for $160 while avoiding any unethical methods? I'm willing to admit that I'm too much of a dummy to figure it out on my own...

We all do but we r grown ups now, you want something handed on a plate? Ask you parents if you're still a kid, a little independence goes a long way at this point...

2 minutes ago, Lordoflego said:

We all do but we r grown ups now, you want something handed on a plate? Ask you parents if you're still a kid, a little independence goes a long way at this point...

Thanks for being so condescending.

What I said was somewhat of a joke, because I do not think it is "obvious". Here are some of the methods for obtaining a discount that I do know about, and they still do not hit the "guaranteed case of 60 for $160 shipped while remaining ethical" criteria:

1.  Minifigures+ with discounted eBay gift cards. (eBay bucks don't really count here). Given the general discount you can get on eBay GC, not factoring in crazy inception stuff that some people manage, you are still a ways off from $160.

2. Ordering 60 from Chapters/Indigo. This depends on the exchange rate for savings and you have to cross your fingers that they send your 60 as a sealed case. Still not hitting the $160 mark, even if you get a sealed case.

3. Try to find a BOGO offer from a place like TRU. I was able to do this with Series 15 for a case of 60, but I was lucky, and it required going to the store.

4 minutes ago, Hansomebricks said:

Now look at what you typed and the methods you are using and the problem is obvious as to why you are not getting a better price.

Yes, the problem is obvious: I don't know how to get a single case for $160 and the methods I stated reflect that. It is the solution that is elusive.

I will drop it since the "CMF elite" aren't talking (or are full of it). Either way it is not productive.

10 minutes ago, RogerWilco said:

Yes, the problem is obvious: I don't know how to get a single case for $160 and the methods I stated reflect that. It is the solution that is elusive.

I will drop it since the "CMF elite" aren't talking (or are full of it). Either way it is not productive.

I don't understand how either. I guess there are more dummies than just you :) 

• Like 3

I have a regular customer on bricklink who has already asked me if I will be carrying them in my store.

I'm eager to see if they seriously overproduce these from day one, or if they will put out more of their standard "hey it's released, everyone squabble" and then two months later ship four times the initial release...

#qfll

It is productive, it got you thinking didn't it. Though you have yet to actually identify the problem. If your mind is stuck on NOT being able to do it, you never will. Get out of the mindset that to get a good price there must be something illegal or unethical about it. Because using that logic means that Minifigure Plus must be doing something illegal or unethical, which they are not at all. I have no issues or problems with Minifig + at all. Just simply letting people know it is not the only option nor cheapest option available to you. I am in no way an Elite person on this site or a High Roller. Nor have I ever been invited to or belong to any of the hidden/secret buyer's groups on here. This is way I rarely if ever post. Either you are a theft or a liar if you are getting better deals then BP can get you.

23 hours ago, Hansomebricks said:

It should be somewhat obvious how they, Minifigure Plus, get their stock. Not hard to figure out. I pay no more than $160 per sealed case shipped and the cases are never the strip variety. 

Not obvious to me, and I've been a low level buyer/seller for years. 

• Like 1