71012 - Minifigures - Disney: Series 1

exciter1

12 hours ago, jeff_14 said:

It's a small world after all....

Man, Maleficent is so freaking sweet! Her and Ursula are top tier blending the animated character into LEGO's world I think. All are good really aside from Genie's awkward head cap and Alice does look much better in person than on the box. Stitch's head appears enormous here. Haha. It could be the angle and lighting. Captain Hook's face feels the most odd of them all.

10 hours ago, inversion said:

Like the usual discussion on Brickset "Can't use parts for generic MOC, therefore this sucks. Why did LEGO do this?"

Yeah, that talk never gets old. Heaven forbid LEGO make any unique personas.:mda:

11 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I do not see the need for 18 figs in this CMF set since Ariel and Alien are rehashed

At least the Martian has been updated with dual molded short legs and now Ariel is a minifigure over the former minidoll. Speaking of repeats, this Buzz is mostly the same except for the regular head with printed legs and arms.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Huskers1236 said:

Mickey/Minnie will be in every Disney line of figures, you can take that to the bank.  A Fantasia version would be cool at least.  

Forget Fantasia.  With Donald mold, it is only a matter of time before we have the cast of DuckTales in LEGO form ;)  As soon as Launchpad is introduced, then we can go to DarkWing Duck...  At least I can dream :cool:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Also, since I am still dreaming, how about minifigs of Goliath and co from Gargoyles? or Xanatos in his red Gargoyle suit?

That was one of my favorite animated series and also one of the lucky few to actually end on a good note. ....Oh yeah, Demona was wicked hot. :whistle:

3 minutes ago, Pedilego said:

Anybody here have experience pre-ordering a case on eBay?

We want a set, our niece and nephew want a set, as does their mother lol So we want to buy a case and we have $60 in eBay bucks that have to be spent in April.

Minifigures Plus.  They have a presence on here.  Check each of the last couple of series of minifigures.  They will offer up pre-orders of both cases and sets.  You'll find many many happy customers of their's here on BP.  My first experience was this last time, buying a set of Series 15.  Very satisfied.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Minifigures Plus.  They have a presence on here.  Check each of the last couple of series of minifigures.  They will offer up pre-orders of both cases and sets.  You'll find many many happy customers of their's here on BP.  My first experience was this last time, buying a set of Series 15.  Very satisfied.

Agreed - MF+ is great.  Just be aware that they usually ship well after release (typically one month+), so you will not have them the day they come out.  They're not a "pre-order" in the true sense - it is a reservation for a month after release at a good price.

if you want a box immediately upon release, MF+ is not the way to go (unless they change their release strategy).

• Like 1