71012 - Minifigures - Disney: Series 1

exciter1

Sorry man. I did do a cursory search and missed the thread. The image just popped up all over my facebook feed so I thought I'd post as soon as possible. Should have known we already had inside intel.

I think the search feature sucks. Thanks for the post...

4 minutes ago, DenJ91 said:

really? buzz might be my fav figure there.  

I'm just not sure about the face . . . ? Having compared it to drawings and other figures I think its the abundance of purple, I'm thinking there should have been slightly more skin colour which is why it looks slightly odd to me?

Edited by Manse1001

17 minutes ago, Clintonjoseph said:

I think the genie looks fine. I'm not big on the large molded heads though. Same with Simpsons, I'd rather have regular lego heads. 

They could have created a fully enclosed head piece / helmet a la Chima.  Genie has a big nose and even bigger chin. 

That seam between the head and cap is just way too distracting

Toy Story figures are redundant and Buzz is bad compared to his original figure.  Genie needed a head mold, obviously.  I like the rest.  Mickey/Minnie will be in every Disney line of figures, you can take that to the bank.  A Fantasia version would be cool at least.  Alice/Cheshire Cat are really good, Ursula as well. 

Definitely like Ursula and Stitch too.  And I'd have to agree, the Genie just doesn't look quite right.  Overall though, seems like an okay selection of characters.

I'm also not a fan of it being 18 now.  Having a box full of those display cases from TRU that only hold the 16, it kind of screws things up.  Guess I'll have to go with justapilgrim, though I'm not sure if they would fit too well.

2 hours ago, justapilgrim said:

If you have the 16 slot holder, put Micky/Minnie and Donald/Daisey in same slot

I'm wondering if they might be worth picking up a couple cases to hold on to a while though.  Disney collectors may be part of this market in the future.