10188 - UCS: Death Star

duckyruiz

You may fire when ready.  

776 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed Death Stars do you own?

• 1 - 2
    • 3 - 4
    • 5 - 9
    • 10 - 15
    • 16 - 20
    • 21 - 25
    • 26 - 50+
  2. 2. Do you believe the set will make a great investment?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
  3. 3. Will it ever retire?

• Sure, soon as I fire my Photon Torpedo.
    • Nope, I'll be dead before that happens.
    • Perhaps, when Hell freezes over.

8 minutes ago, LegoEdison said:

Party at 75159 but funeral is here T_T

"What is dead (star) may never die"

18 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

Pretty sure it was a joke. It would be horrible for posterity. One thing I really enjoy about this site is that you can go back. If these were merged, much would be lost.

Yep, I realized that a little bit too late. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Val-E said:

The last one sold on German ebay fetched 392€ shipped. The seller claims he needs to make room (and already put up the next DS for auction).

On March 21, 2016 at 2:10 PM, emazers said:

Look, I Have 60 Death Stars and 100% glad I do, now since 2008 there were plenty times to get them $300 and Lower, when Toys R US had those buy 2 get one free Exclusives were included, so that was about $280 a set, and when Barnes and Noble had them I got 16 for $262.00, so in 3-5 yrs if I can only make $300 on each one I am happy, but they should be $1000 and rising. Just look last year when the SSD retired how many guys on here were saying it would take 3 or more yrs to get to $700, and look at them now. Sure there are plenty out there but people are Cracking everyday just to make a few bucks. So you guys with just a few and selling them now I thing are making a huge mistake, and to sell to pay off your credit card bill, well the big rule is don't go in major debt to buy Lego unless you can pay it off when the bill comes. And guys who think the set should rise big bucks after a few months are living in a dream world. So Unless you have to sell for money that you need now hold on to them. I always stated buying is hard enough, but waiting without cracking is another thing.     Ed

hi ed,

with how things are going down, how did you handle selling off 10188 with this 99% remake?  being a veteran member here, i'm sure more than a couple folks are wondering about your strategy. 

5 10188s were in my inventory.  sold 4 w/in the last 2 weeks.  We kept 1 for the kids but decided to sell it if the price is right.  

• Like 3

Can't blme

11 minutes ago, Ciglione said:

Meanwhile 10188 is flooding our local craig's list (marktplaats) and prices are plummeting. Sellers are undercutting eachother hoping to get ridd of this set.

Can't blame them, I'd be in panic mode too if I had few too many, I have one only so I'm good.

Can't blme

11 minutes ago, Ciglione said:

Meanwhile 10188 is flooding our local craig's list (marktplaats) and prices are plummeting. Sellers are undercutting eachother hoping to get ridd of this set.

Can't blame them, I'd be in panic mode too if I had few too many, I have one only so I'm good.