10188 - UCS: Death Star

duckyruiz

You may fire when ready.  

776 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed Death Stars do you own?

• 1 - 2
    • 3 - 4
    • 5 - 9
    • 10 - 15
    • 16 - 20
    • 21 - 25
    • 26 - 50+
  2. 2. Do you believe the set will make a great investment?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
  3. 3. Will it ever retire?

• Sure, soon as I fire my Photon Torpedo.
    • Nope, I'll be dead before that happens.
    • Perhaps, when Hell freezes over.

I only have one Death Star left and it is an open box set that I may keep for my personal collection.  We'll see.  I'm glad to be out of this game because the hold time for many has already been very long and at current prices you are not making a great return if you got these at MSRP plus tax.  There are better sets to invest in that will show quicker returns in my opinion, but this one is only going to go up from here though slowly.  I can't see LEGO offering a remake of 10188 considering a 3,800 piece set with 20+ minifigures would probably retail for $500 today looking at other current exclusives.

• 2 weeks later...

Keep an eye on this one over the weekend.  At least 5 sold over the last couple of days around $585-590.  That seller increased their price.  Less than 10 offered below $600 + shipping.  Prime is now at $615.  eBay sales are trending up, too.

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Star-Wars-Death-10188/dp/B002EEP3NO?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=A33Y5VKEN2ZOAH

We might have a creeper.

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2016 at 0:21 PM, BrickLegacy said:

Keep an eye on this one over the weekend.  At least 5 sold over the last couple of days around $585-590.  That seller increased their price.  Less than 10 offered below $600 + shipping.  Prime is now at $615.   eBay sales are trending up, too.

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Star-Wars-Death-10188/dp/B002EEP3NO?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=A33Y5VKEN2ZOAH

We might have a creeper.

so you think some folks might have "inside" info :)

On 5/27/2016 at 0:21 PM, BrickLegacy said:

Keep an eye on this one over the weekend.  At least 5 sold over the last couple of days around $585-590.  That seller increased their price.  Less than 10 offered below $600 + shipping.  Prime is now at $615.  eBay sales are trending up, too.

We might have a creeper.

Prime is now 625, and only ONE item less than that 614 with MAJOR BOX WEAR.

IF 625 is the floor, i love the floor.

32 minutes ago, Miami Bomb Squad said:
Is there a way to search up how many & @ what price were sold on Amazon during the week/month??   

I don't think so. When I'm tracking a set on Amazon I'll just load up my cart with a few sellers and check it every 3-4 days. The cart will show how many each  seller has in stock. It's manual but it works. It's also fun to see a seller raise their price when their sales velocity increases.

Others might have better techniques but this works for monitoring an individual set or two. It won't catch new sellers that undercut though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miami Bomb Squad said:

Is there a way to search up how many & @ what price were sold on Amazon during the week/month??   

No, the best you can do is guesstimate by watching the sales ranking and trying to track how quickly inventory is depleted from specific sellers.  It's much easier if the lowest FBA price is a seller with a ton of inventory that you can measure at different points in time to see how quickly sales are happening, but it's all rough guesswork.

2 hours ago, BrickLegacy said:

Lowest (new/undamaged) on Amazon is now $625.  Not sure about inside info, but she is definitely creepin'

Amazingly (to me) the lowest price on ebay is also up to 600 shipped. Usually the difference from ebay to Amazon is much more. There is one for $549 but it was resealed.

Now these counts are only for listings, and don't account for multiple item availability, BUT there are not as many sellers between 600- 800 as i would have thought. Granted many of us aren't even on ebay yet with these, and won't be until the prices start to get interesting. Still, i like these numbers.

15 - $600-650

14- $650-700

31 - $700-800 

19 - $800-900

4 - $900 -1000

6 - $1000+

Also of note, a saw quite a few Russian Federation locations and one from Kazakistan. I know those locations give some buyers pause, IE: who knows if Borat will really ship it? 

Not sure if we even have to worry about 'competing' with those sellers.

*EDIT* Amazon prime just creeped up to $629 :)

Edited by mudcatsfan

6 minutes ago, mudcatsfan said:

Also of note, a saw quite a few Russian Federation locations and one from Kazakistan. I know those locations give some buyers pause, IE: who knows if Borat will really ship it? 

Not sure if we even have to worry about 'competing' with those sellers.

Love to know where that person from Kazakhstan got it from?

2 minutes ago, mudcatsfan said:

Amazingly (to me) the lowest price on ebay is also up to 600 shipped. Usually the difference from ebay to Amazon is much more.

For lego sets where there are too many sellers the price differential between ebay and amazon shrinks (sometimes ebay is even higher). Once the market rebalances Amazon prices regain that 20-30% premium. I don't see why 10188 prices will not reach $700 USD on FBA prior to the new set pics being leaked. I don't think the remake will knock prices down significantly but it may cap the upside if the new set is a substitute rather than complimentary.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, asharerin said:

For lego sets where there are too many sellers the price differential between ebay and amazon shrinks (sometimes ebay is even higher). Once the market rebalances Amazon prices regain that 20-30% premium. I don't see why 10188 prices will not reach $700 USD on FBA prior to the new set pics being leaked. I don't think the remake will knock prices down significantly but it may cap the upside if the new set is a substitute rather than complimentary.

It's both the price cap and demand cap that might affect 10188. Personally, I'm investing in teeth. I hear you can buy them bulk. (Sorry, crossing over with the "investing mistakes" thread.)

Edited by biking_tiger
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, biking_tiger said:

It's both the price cap and demand cap that might affect 10188. Personally, I'm investing in teeth. I hear you can buy them bulk. (Sorry, crossing over with the "investing mistakes" thread.)

I am quite fond of setting aside some funds for my English Channel shark tooth investment vehicles.
a59fc4fc4d80d6ecb44c3d17e6a7c1cf.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...