75054 - AT-AT

Kenxxx

Rouge one is set just before the original trilogy. Its about how they got the plans to destroy the first Death Star. We have Images that there will most likely have At-At's in it. Rouge one as a movie will be used to satisfy older generations, who have money, while movies like 7 and 8 will be used to set the IP into the future and new sets. Disney seem to be wanting to move as far away from the prequels as they can.

rogueone_0.jpg

The new Death Star will be the flagship for rouge 1 and the winter/spring wave will most certainly be for rouge one as well. Expect more old style x-wings and many some new imperial ships. We already have a good idea what the summer wave will be.

Disney will certainly make a new one within the next few years. I will bet money that the Hoth Base does not have an At-At in it. At most they will have a At-st in it with the rebel base. 

If a new At-At was made, it would be on sold-out status during the spring wave of 2017, by them At-At from the Vader boxes will have reached around 300 with the new movie hype. There are allready new walkers in the TFA universe, Disney will go after that first before remaking something they just had.turtlewalker-hi-res.jpg

Also remember guys, this is Disney we are talking about, its a whole new beast and i'm sure they will not follow the old Lego Star Wars ways. I just hope that the At-At will not be the new quin jet. Then again the X-wing will most likely be the new quin jet.

Edited by Armor
  • Like 1

On 1/16/2016 at 9:29 AM, cladner said:

2014 SW sets are long gone from store shelves (and now on my shelves).  In the US, AT-AT is in the lead out of the gate but the difference is still under $20.  long term both will do well.  i have my bases covered.

IMG_3224.thumb.JPG.40198f085be031f6d1b87

Boy, do I feel foolish calling my local Targets looking for just one leftover 75055!! That's some brickfolio!

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 6:42 AM, Rodeogeorge said:

Jeez. It's like people didn't pay attention in their mechanics of materials class. Section modulus people.

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 6:47 AM, valenciaeric said:

Maybe the end game is to sell bashed boxes and undercut the competition.....

Doesn't matter if they are smashed or not -- they sell for the same on ebay and amazon. "May show shelfwear" -- I've never ever had a problem or a return. Im not a collector - just a seller.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Hogi said:

Hoth echo base wont include an atat. Even at 200 price point the remaining parts for the buildings wouldnt be enough. Atat has 1100 parts alone. Id bet my complete atat stash on this

How do yo know there will be buildings Are you 100% sure attack on Hoth could not be primarily 1 Large Vehicle like an ATAT

On 1/20/2016 at 3:43 AM, Hogi said:

Hoth echo base wont include an atat. Even at 200 price point the remaining parts for the buildings wouldnt be enough. Atat has 1100 parts alone. Id bet my complete atat stash on this

That is exactly what you are doing, Better an entire ATAT stash that a new owner(Disney) and THREE things coming out in 2016 with ATATs will not have a new ATAT.  

1) Battlefront sets

2)Rouge One

3)Hoth Sets

That is the equivalent of buying a penny stock and holding.  Get out why you can.

1 hour ago, CoastaLego said:

1) Battlefront sets

2)Rouge One

3)Hoth Sets

That is the equivalent of buying a penny stock and holding.  Get out why you can.

1) Are some Lego Battlefronts sets coming ? :) The video game is PEGI 16, I'm sure Disney guys do not consider that Lego SW and Battlefront are that much related.

2) Ok for this one ! I'm curious to see what will be included in this secondary line (I say "secondary" because I think there will be a tag on boxes like the SW Rebels, Old Republic...). But we can't be sure that there will be some AtAt.

3) Inside the UCS set, maybe (we still don't know), but that's it.

I don't remember when Lego released similars sets (same price and size) the next year after retirement. Like, a landspeeder is retired and an other one comes the next year. The new MF, the new x-wing, the new Tie-fighter (from SW VII) are "new" (...) vehicules so maybe a AtAT Rogue One can be released but it has to be very different : a different color scheme or different "heroes" minifigs.

A similar AtAt to the 75054 including a bad guy from the movie would really arm the value of the old version...

I suspect ISD has more long term growth potential, since the risk of a remake within 3 years is less.  75054 will do alright over the next year or two even if a UCS or major playset is release in the $250+ range.  Just look at 9493, we may not see it grow to 3xRRP but it should maintain 2x or better. but over 2 years gets more risky, since a remake in the $100-150 range is likely in 2-4 years.

17 minutes ago, jay4e said:

I suspect ISD has more long term growth potential, since the risk of a remake within 3 years is less.  75054 will do alright over the next year or two even if a UCS or major playset is release in the $250+ range.  Just look at 9493, we may not see it grow to 3xRRP but it should maintain 2x or better. but over 2 years gets more risky, since a remake in the $100-150 range is likely in 2-4 years.

Really? I'm banking on a Rebels Star Destroyer being released within 2 years.

11 minutes ago, jerryherb said:

just look at the prices (amazon) of the previous ATAT's and see for yourself how 75054 affected their values... this thing is a sure bet reaching $250-$300 in no time

I don't know how much is asked on amazon but I can try to sell a $5 creator set for $100 it doesn't mean it will be sold.

Sold items on ebay are the one that can be trusted, the rest (crazy prices on amazon) is just a bet.

Edited by biniou

7 minutes ago, biniou said:

I don't know how much is asked on amazon but I can try to sell a $5 creator set for $100 it doesn't mean it will be sold.

Sold items on ebay are the one that can be trusted, the rest (crazy prices on amazon) is just a bet.

Even that is not true, or at least not without digging into every listing. Ebay reports the final price as sold, even if that final price was for a 2nd/3rd/4th quantity item that never sold. So if I list qty=2 of a set and ask $100, the first one will show as sold $100. If after selling the first one I raise my price to $1000, and then end the listing, it will show up in ebay sold listings as sold for $1000.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Even that is not true, or at least not without digging into every listing. Ebay reports the final price as sold, even if that final price was for a 2nd/3rd/4th quantity item that never sold. So if I list qty=2 of a set and ask $100, the first one will show as sold $100. If after selling the first one I raise my price to $1000, and then end the listing, it will show up in ebay sold listings as sold for $1000.

Yes ! And there is also the fact that an item that seem has been sold a price has NOT been sold, because if you check this green-sold auction, you can see that "the buyer has ended the auction because it is no longer available", so the price asked for this item (let's say x2 MSRP) is wrong and the guy has maybe sold the item x1.5 MSRP on craigslist...

Want I meant is that amazon prices can't be trusted. I see completely crazy prices on amazon.fr the price asked is x3 MSRP and I can bet that most of them are not sold.

Edited by biniou

no matter what 8129 retired 4 years and at best its near 3xRRP.  no reason to expect better from 75054, and given its already approaching 2x RRP best case you are looking at 50% growth over 4 years.  Still a good investment, but if you are small time holding for that long is likely not worth it.

Edited by jay4e

6 minutes ago, jay4e said:

no matter what 8129 retired 4 years and at best its near 3xRRP.  no reason to expect better from 75054, and given its already approaching 2x RRP best case you are looking at 50% growth over 4 years.

We have also to consider that a set from 2010 can hardly be compared with another one from 2014, the 2010 can still be ok for some collectors out from their Dark Age, but on 2016-17-18 for a 2014 set... hmmmm... I guess the offers for this 2014 set will be so much numerous...

14 minutes ago, jay4e said:

no matter what 8129 retired 4 years and at best its near 3xRRP.  no reason to expect better from 75054, and given its already approaching 2x RRP best case you are looking at 50% growth over 4 years.  Still a good investment, but if you are small time holding for that long is likely not worth it.

I can think of one pretty big reason - 8129 didn't have new movies coming out that helped fuel interest in all things Star Wars. I think that will likely mean demand for this set will be higher than what 8129 saw, but who knows what the supply side looks like.

4 hours ago, Hogi said:

well, if its just a large at-at, why wouldnt they call it at at?!

For a start, it's not called 'Hoth Echo Base' as you referred to it. It's called Assault On Hoth (75098). That says to me that it's going be a playset based on an action scene. And the AT-AT is the main feature of that scene. If it's just a model of the Echo Base, why call it Assault on Hoth?

I could be wrong but I certainly won't be ruling out the possibility of an AT-AT featuring in that set. It sounds like wishful thinking to me.

On 20/01/2016 at 8:43 AM, Hogi said:

The Classic Batcave will have 2500 pieces and retail at €249. I can easily imagine a 1500 piece AT-AT and another 800-1000 for some small structures and laser turrets or whatever. I don't expect it to be a realistic model of the Echo Base any more than the Death Star was a realistic model of that.

Edited by tractorboy

2 hours ago, biniou said:
15 minutes ago, tractorboy said:

For a start, it's not called 'Hoth Echo Base' as you referred to it. It's called Assault On Hoth (75098). That says to me that it's going be a playset based on an action scene. And the AT-AT is the main feature of that scene. If it's just a model of the Echo Base, why call it Assault on Hoth?

I could be wrong but I certainly won't be ruling out the possibility of an AT-AT featuring in that set. It sounds like wishful thinking to me.

And again..in Battlefront it is Called "Walker Assault" the most popular mode with the cover of the game being a walker.  

-2 Battlefront Lego Battle Packs are already out so they are making some based on the game.

2 hours ago, biniou said:

^ Please change your post with the misplaced quotes, I never wrote anything like that. ^^'

About the "Battlefront Lego Battle Packs", sorry but I can't find such sets. Are these US exclusives ? Are you sure it's not a misword with "battle front" for a "lego battle front pack" ?

9 minutes ago, biniou said:

^ Please change your post with the misplaced quotes, I never wrote anything like that. ^^'

About the "Battlefront Lego Battle Packs", sorry but I can't find such sets. Are these US exclusives ? Are you sure it's not a misword with "battle front" for a "lego battle front pack" ?

75133 and 75134 are based on Battlefront. They haven't even been released in the US. I feel like this is it for Battlefront in the LEGo line.

3 hours ago, biniou said:

Thanks for naming the sets. :)

Ok so "Battlefront" is nor written, neither named anywhere, so it's more like an "allusion" to the video game because soldiers have jetpacks...

i beleive the original leaked code names used battlefront.

• 4 weeks later...