75054 - AT-AT

Kenxxx

2 hours ago, GhostDad said:

Yes, it's pretty much done.  I don't remember any great discounts, at least online.  I bought from $90 up to $110 (once I saw the Amazon price jump 60% in a week).  I don't want to go any higher than that though.  I'm wary of a lot of recent price moves, such as Arkham Asylum leaping to $300 in a few months, only to drop down to $250 and hold there.  Competition is much, much higher than it has ever been, and some of the price appreciation we see turns out to be resellers bidding up prices that ultimately cannot be sustained by end users.

The best discount was May the 4th at Target.  It could be had in the mid 80s.

Yes, it's pretty much done.  I don't remember any great discounts, at least online.  I bought from $90 up to $110 (once I saw the Amazon price jump 60% in a week).  I don't want to go any higher than that though.  I'm wary of a lot of recent price moves, such as Arkham Asylum leaping to $300 in a few months, only to drop down to $250 and hold there.  Competition is much, much higher than it has ever been, and some of the price appreciation we see turns out to be resellers bidding up prices that ultimately cannot be sustained by end users.

It was $69 at YoYo.com for a short period one morning.

1 hour ago, Mos_Eisley said:

Oh yeah, well one time I got them for $3 each after BOGO, stacked with 20% off, TRUTH and Rewards dollars. So I pretty much can't be beat. 

WM Canada cleared them out at $70 CAD in my parts. I nabbed an even dozen at that price. Cantina's were $50, but I only managed half that. Cantina's are still around b&m stores, but I'm having hard time getting my eyes on at-ats around me even at MSRP.

56 minutes ago, chubz said:

at at on amazon is driving me crazy right now 

Yeah, prices are schizo and all over the board.  Enters into 190, then drops to 109, then some under cutters step in and take it to 170.  

Typical..  I doubt this breaks 200.00 before the holiday rush is over.  I've become a little more pessimistic, on it.  While it's not JW bad, it's still probably going to be a slower rise than earlier estimates..  Dang the horde.

Amazon shows backordered for 12/12. $109.99 I am still seeing these at Targets and Walmarts, but they are drying up. I feel like maybe the 75049 is disappearing faster, but is inexplicably still available from LEGO Shop at Home even though it's harder to find in the other stores.

Looks like it no longer available on Amazon

On 12/4/2015, 7:23:37, fossilrock said:

Interestingly, I'm not so sure the 2014 Snowspeeder is retiring.  It's the only one across the pond, and here in the US that is still available and showing up regularly at walmarts, etc.  While, the AT-AT, B-wing, ISD and the MTT are either retired or have "retiring soon" tags, the snowspeeder, and cantina have not had those tags yet.  Those two sets could be the hold outs that go past the two year mark. 

So, I'd speculate maybe an AT-ST could be in the Hoth Rebel Base, but even at that i'm thinking it's strictly one giant base with lots of pieces and the vehicles have to be purchased in other sets.  That could bode very well for the AT-AT.  VERY WELL!

I have read on a few different boards that the new UCS Assault on Hoth 75098 playset will include trenches, the big locking door, ion cannon, snowspeeder, wampa cave and upside down luke, and the bad guys with their snow speeder bikes. I think this could go two ways for 75054 - they will be gold as everyone will want them to display with 75098 OR a rehash is coming mid 2016. Will be interesting to see how this one pans out. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

A rehash in 2016 doesn't make much sense at all to me.  Why would you come up with a new set instead of keeping this one going for another year?

Maybe LEGO found a way to slightly improve the AT-AT with some additional bricks. Of course, the RRP would have to be increased accordingly but that could be outbalanced by coincidentally releasing a UCS Assault on Hoth set. That would lead to a surge in demand for AT-ATs from army builders.

19 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

A rehash in 2016 doesn't make much sense at all to me.  Why would you come up with a new set instead of keeping this one going for another year?

They may want one from a new movie instead of a 1980 movie.