75054 - AT-AT

Kenxxx

1 hour ago, Brian Briggs said:

It has to be available again because it's in the advertising leaflet for next week (11/30 to 12/06). 

Dry sarcasm?

AT-AT is already going for "reduced" price of $224.99 from Toywiz on walmart.com which is actually higher than the ISD which has a higher MSRP than AT-AT.  No one is likely buying them at that price now but still that is where it's headed.   I'm cleaning out stock  for $96.99 at local walmarts.

Edited by cladner

30 minutes ago, cladner said:

Dry sarcasm?

AT-AT is already going for "reduced" price of $224.99 from Toywiz on walmart.com which is actually higher than the ISD which has a higher MSRP than AT-AT.  No one is likely buying them at that price now but still that is where it's headed.   I'm cleaning out stock  for $96.99 at local walmarts.

Nah, in germany the law says that if you have an offer in printed advertisement, you actually have to have stock in your shops present. If not it is against the law. But of course they violate the rules...and noone really cares:lolu:

• Like 2

Just picked up the last one of these on the shelves @ my local TRU.  Box looked like it had been returned by Freddy Kruger (pretty bad shape, gash down the front and sticker had obviously been applied and then ripped off as well).  They knocked 5% off the price (thanks!) but I also got a free bricktober set, C-3PO polybag and £20 gift card.

Would anyone have just left it on the shelf?  General question as well. It's one thing if something you order arrives in a bad state but would you knowingly buy a damaged box item? I think I got a good deal here (with all the extras) even with the significant "shelf wear on the box". Buy in was 27% of MRSP; but if it wasn't for the bricktober, 3PO and gift card I'd probably have left it.

15 minutes ago, Lego_Yoda said:

Just picked up the last one of these on the shelves @ my local TRU.  Box looked like it had been returned by Freddy Kruger (pretty bad shape, gash down the front and sticker had obviously been applied and then ripped off as well).  They knocked 5% off the price (thanks!) but I also got a free bricktober set, C-3PO polybag and £20 gift card.

Would anyone have just left it on the shelf?  General question as well. It's one thing if something you order arrives in a bad state but would you knowingly buy a damaged box item? I think I got a good deal here (with all the extras) even with the significant "shelf wear on the box". Buy in was 27% of MRSP; but if it wasn't for the bricktober, 3PO and gift card I'd probably have left it.

Great timing and deal.

• Like 1

In Germany it's still available at Amazon.de for €109, but order-limit is 2, and it's also still available at winkeln.de for €109.

In The Netherlands still available at Click&Brick for €109,99 (order limit 2), A-Tembo for €109,95 (no limit) and speelgoed.nl for €119,95 (limit: 2) with a few more at higher prices.

• Like 1

I think both this and ISD will do a 7965 until rumours of remakes surface in the spring.  The new film and computer game will definitely help.

There´s probably a 6-9 month window for decent trade unless no new versions are announced so it is important to keep an eye out for the new set release rumours.

5 minutes ago, Vinetu said:

Unless 75098 turns out to be a UCS AT-AT and all of us who have been hoarding 75054 eat our hats for breakfast...

Even if a UCS AT-AT is released by middle of 2016 I still see these selling for £150+ and as most are buying in at well under RRP there will still be profit all round. This is a sound investment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crustybeaver said:

Even if a UCS AT-AT is released by middle of 2016 I still see these selling for £150+ and as most are buying in at well under RRP there will still be profit all round. This is a sound investment.

AT-AT is already approaching 160 USD's in the states.  This along with the cantina are looking like very sound investments, especially if you bought them at the discounted rates over the last few months.  Both should be at 2x from the average buy-in maybe by the end of the next two weeks.

11 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

AT-AT is already approaching 160 USD's in the states.  This along with the cantina are looking like very sound investments, especially if you bought them at the discounted rates over the last few months.  Both should be at 2x from the average buy-in maybe by the end of the next two weeks.

Cantina is done in the US? 

18 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

Looks like it.  Sold out of almost every retailer, but you can still find some in the wild.

Funny how both ISD and AT-AT were sold out and then officially retired first in Europe and only later in the US, while the Cantina is sold out at LEGO Shop at Home in the US and hard to find in retail stores, while it's still widely available here in EU from both LEGO Shop at Home and retail stores.

As an investment, the At-At is looking better and better with each passing hour.  This went from over 100 resellers on black friday and is now in the mid 60's.  Prices have risen over 60.00 in a day!

I didn't play the Millennium Falcon game a year ago, but I recall people saying that it did some similar things, and didn't it peak around 250?  I'm starting to think we "may" see the At-At over 200 within a week..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

As an investment, the At-At is looking better and better with each passing hour.  This went from over 100 resellers on black friday and is now in the mid 60's.  Prices have risen over 60.00 in a day!

I didn't play the Millennium Falcon game a year ago, but I recall people saying that it did some similar things, and didn't it peak around 250?  I'm starting to think we "may" see the At-At over 200 within a week..

As someone mentioned, Star Wars:Battlefront is probably helping with this. I have a number of these sets, thankfully. It is nice, for once, to feel like I had followed the correct trail (like the EEE). Could do with more though, if I come across them at a good price.

I would imagine there will be a new version at some point, maybe in 1-2 years?

20 minutes ago, Battrax said:

As someone mentioned, Star Wars:Battlefront is probably helping with this. I have a number of these sets, thankfully. It is nice, for once, to feel like I had followed the correct trail (like the EEE). Could do with more though, if I come across them at a good price.

I would imagine there will be a new version at some point, maybe in 1-2 years?

There will likely ALWAYS be another AT-AT on the horizon, so it's not a great long term hold. You just have to roll the dice and hold until right before they announce a new one. The good news is, we follow that stuff incredibly close here, so even when the Falcon was hinted at for EP7, we heard rumors well in advance of the average customer and had time to dump. 

Of course the dump itself lowers the peak, so ideally, you need to have it on ebay or amazon at the exact moment BEFORE it's hinted or rumored to be coming back and sell then.

If you have 10 or 50 of them,,,,,that's difficult. 

SO, sell on the rise up, hope to find the peak, and then get out as it comes back down.

Rinse & Repeat.

• Like 2