75054 - AT-AT

Kenxxx

46 minutes ago, asharerin said:

I have read on a few different boards that the new UCS Assault on Hoth 75098 playset will include trenches, the big locking door, ion cannon, snowspeeder, wampa cave and upside down luke, and the bad guys with their snow speeder bikes. I think this could go two ways for 75054 - they will be gold as everyone will want them to display with 75098 OR a rehash is coming mid 2016. Will be interesting to see how this one pans out. 

a rehash 2 years post release would go against the established 3-4 year pattern of 1000 piece at-at's

2003-2007-2010-2014.

why would they release a new AT-AT so soon?  the basic market of end users is saturated .  its not like these were chronically oos before TLG gave it the axe.  from a business point of view it makes zero sense.  All the kids who wanted an AT-AT had over a year to get them.

i can see why people without an AT-AT stash would be hopeful for a reboot.  but what if we don't get one until  2018 and we might have 3 holiday seasons with no at-at while  the reboot of the franchise is occuring?  what if the new films are really good.  what if they are even better than the first trilogy <gasp!  blaspheme!>.   then it will be very painful to have to read all the posts of people saying they sold an AT-AT for $299  in Jan 2017 or some nonsense.  even more so when the Hoth UCS display shows a 75054 next to it and there is no Snowspeeder because those parts went into the cool looking power generator.  those were all the reasons why i've been scrambling to get to goal.  only at 12 .  wish  i had twice that.  still snooping around the mom and pops and walmarts that say they have no stock.

Edited by cladner

1 hour ago, cladner said:

a rehash 2 years post release would go against the established 3-4 year pattern of 1000 piece at-at's

2003-2007-2010-2014.

why would they release a new AT-AT so soon?  the basic market of end users is saturated .  its not like these were chronically oos before TLG gave it the axe.  from a business point of view it makes zero sense.  All the kids who wanted an AT-AT had over a year to get them.

i can see why people without an AT-AT stash would be hopeful for a reboot.  but what if we don't get one until  2018 and we might have 3 holiday seasons with no at-at while  the reboot of the franchise is occuring?  what if the new films are really good.  what if they are even better than the first trilogy <gasp!  blaspheme!>.   then it will be very painful to have to read all the posts of people saying they sold an AT-AT for $299  in Jan 2017 or some nonsense.  even more so when the Hoth UCS display shows a 75054 next to it and there is no Snowspeeder because those parts went into the cool looking power generator.  those were all the reasons why i've been scrambling to get to goal.  only at 12 .  wish  i had twice that.  still snooping around the mom and pops and walmarts that say they have no stock.

I've been digging for something on this UCS Hoth rumor, and so far--aside from a set number--I can't find anything concrete. Anyone have good leads?

1 hour ago, asharerin said:

I have read on a few different boards that the new UCS Assault on Hoth 75098 playset will include trenches, the big locking door, ion cannon, snowspeeder, wampa cave and upside down luke, and the bad guys with their snow speeder bikes. I think this could go two ways for 75054 - they will be gold as everyone will want them to display with 75098 OR a rehash is coming mid 2016. Will be interesting to see how this one pans out. 

I hope you're right.  It would be nice to have a 3 year lull on AT-AT production making this one spike at the most perfect time.  One definitely needs an AT-AT (or two) to go with a Hoth Rebel Base.  I really think next christmas if there is no re-release, but the Hoth Rebel Base is a very unique and stunning set, that the prices on AT-AT's will be in the 250 to 300 range with ease.  That would be alright with me.

• Like 1

I am going to visit family in Germany soon and the AT-AT is still available for 119€ on Amazon. I am thinking of buying some and bringing them back to the US. Same for the 75049. I could either take some back with me to the US or let it sit at home until I move back to Germany in 2 years or so. What are your thoughts?

• Like 1

I will try my luck at some stores close by after work today (i.e. Walmart, TRU and Target). I got the last one on Black Friday in the Lego Store in Nashville, I am building it myself now as it is too nice to not put on display. Getting some as investment would be sweet too.

Yes, it's pretty much done.  I don't remember any great discounts, at least online.  I bought from $90 up to $110 (once I saw the Amazon price jump 60% in a week).  I don't want to go any higher than that though.  I'm wary of a lot of recent price moves, such as Arkham Asylum leaping to $300 in a few months, only to drop down to $250 and hold there.  Competition is much, much higher than it has ever been, and some of the price appreciation we see turns out to be resellers bidding up prices that ultimately cannot be sustained by end users.

It was $69 at YoYo.com for a short period one morning.

I got some of mine from the boscov's deal for around the same price. I've got ten. Haven't sold any. Not sure if I will right now either. I think I want to see where this one goes after the holiday season.

• Like 1

Looking at what has sold on eBay recently, ranges from ~$150 to one that sold at $209. Maybe Amazon will be saturated for a few weeks with all the generalist reseller/hoarders trying to get a bit of quick change. I'm not worried about it, frankly.

P.s. and if they start falling enough, it may be worth for me to liberate them of a few with any discounts and 3x Bucks promos.

Edited by Battrax
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Calli said:

I am going to visit family in Germany soon and the AT-AT is still available for 119€ on Amazon. I am thinking of buying some and bringing them back to the US. Same for the 75049. I could either take some back with me to the US or let it sit at home until I move back to Germany in 2 years or so. What are your thoughts?

If you are US tax resident, you can get the german VAT back by filling a form and stamp it when you leave the country. The company that does that is Global Blue, it will save a couple of deutschmark or whatever they have.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BoomBoomFlash said:

If you are US tax resident, you can get the german VAT back by filling a form and stamp it when you leave the country. The company that does that is Global Blue, it will save a couple of deutschmark or whatever they have.

The good old deutschmark :angel: I guess you guys have silver dollars in the states

• Like 6

Come on, you guys couldn't have expected this one to take off like it did without people noticing.  The higher that price is going the more sellers you have entering the market, many of which probably weren't planning on selling this soon.  The body isn't even cold yet.  Give the AT-AT some time and it will be just fine.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, fossilrock said:

AT-AT prices are falling like a rock as more people start rushing in to sell them.  Where have we seen this before?

Hmmmm, do you have a different internet than me?

Prices on Amazon are still in the 190's, number of sellers seems to have dropped.

as for eBay prices are sitting around $165-170 and number of sellers has dropped.

23 minutes ago, Crustybeaver said:

Can't comment on the US market but here in the UK it's selling for £125-140, not bad for a set that could have been purchased £83 only a week ago

Yeah - I still cant believe i stumbled on one of these at TRU 2 weeks back and was considering leaving it due to box damage!  I couldn't find a used one for less.

20 minutes ago, brickshiftmama said:

Hmmmm, do you have a different internet than me?

Prices on Amazon are still in the 190's, number of sellers seems to have dropped.

as for eBay prices are sitting around $165-170 and number of sellers has dropped.

If the ebay price is around 165 that has dropped from yesterday