75054 - AT-AT

Kenxxx

People have different strategies for buying and selling.  In the case of hot sets like this some of us are already at our limit for long-term holding and if we can acquire above that quantity now and flip them for some decent dough then it's just gravy.  At least that's the way I look at it. 

• Like 1

Some peole just like to wait for the remake to torpede the value of their items and provide a "better buying experience" for their customers.

Seriously, though, tiered sales are necessary - if everyone sold at the same time e.g. SW and AC, there would be trouble.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thoroakenfelder said:

I picked up 3 from Wal-Mart this morning, along with a Star Destroyer. I know a few stores that still have them in stock, but I am hitting my budget.

Yeah, I went to Lego store yesterday, they had 5 of them. So tempted to grab them, but for $109 plus tax, not sure if its worth it.

Also about 5+ of 10240 X-Wing and 75059 Sandcrawler

Somebody convince me to go grab them

I got 3 at a local Target. This is kind of a hard one to figure out what to do. If the new Hoth set has an AT-AT then we might see some negative impact on this one. However, If the new set is just the rebel base with no AT-AT, one would think this set would shoot up in value....

That's the fun part of Lego. Well, besides the building...

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Fcbarcelona101 said:

I got 3 at a local Target. This is kind of a hard one to figure out what to do. If the new Hoth set has an AT-AT then we might see some negative impact on this one. However, If the new set is just the rebel base with no AT-AT, one would think this set would shoot up in value....

This has been mentioned before, but it's hard to see a Hoth set setting aside the pieces for an AT-AT.  I think a Snowspeeder and/or AT-ST would be more likely.  If it comes with a Hoth Shield Generator, that would only help the AT-AT's returns.  Maximum Firepower, baby!

latest?cb=20131108081015

Edited by GhostDad
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, GhostDad said:

This has been mentioned before, but it's hard to see a Hoth set setting aside the pieces for an AT-AT.  I think a Snowspeeder and/or AT-ST would be more likely.  If it comes with a Hoth Shield Generator, that would only help the AT-AT's returns.  Maximum Firepower, baby!

Interestingly, I'm not so sure the 2014 Snowspeeder is retiring.  It's the only one across the pond, and here in the US that is still available and showing up regularly at walmarts, etc.  While, the AT-AT, B-wing, ISD and the MTT are either retired or have "retiring soon" tags, the snowspeeder, and cantina have not had those tags yet.  Those two sets could be the hold outs that go past the two year mark. 

So, I'd speculate maybe an AT-ST could be in the Hoth Rebel Base, but even at that i'm thinking it's strictly one giant base with lots of pieces and the vehicles have to be purchased in other sets.  That could bode very well for the AT-AT.  VERY WELL!

16 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

Interestingly, I'm not so sure the 2014 Snowspeeder is retiring.  It's the only one across the pond, and here in the US that is still available and showing up regularly at walmarts, etc.

75049 Snowspeeder has been OOS for shipping at amazon, walmart and target now for a week.  its gone OOS for shipping in the last few days at TRU and Kmart.

none left at my local target/walmart b&m because i cleaned them out at 24.99.  they  haven't restocked.

so basically if you want to order them now online at MSRP, you have to order from shop at home.

i will be very surprised if 75049 is still around next year.

snowspeeder will be the 2014 "9493".  especially if we get a bone and its in TFA.

just snagged another 2 AT-AT's for pickup in tax-free Rindge, NH for $193.98 - not the greatest deal but this set is already showing its hand.

Edited by cladner

I think this set is done at US. You can't find it at most of the major retailer online. Amazon, Target, Walmart and TRU are all oos. But there is still some left in B&M store. I am trying to collect as much as possible before TFA movie comes out so that I can ride the surf and do some QF. It is easy money that you can expect to be made in a couple of weeks.

Spoke to a customer service manager at a TRU that I frequent that is a collector himself. Anyways, he checked the system for more AT-ATs and there was a big red X next to it in the system which means that it's doneso at TRU. From a massive retailer that will carry anything that Lego sends them for as long as it can sit on the shelf, I think this is more reliable than anything on the Lego SAH website. 

Yes, it's pretty much done.  I don't remember any great discounts, at least online.  I bought from $90 up to $110 (once I saw the Amazon price jump 60% in a week).  I don't want to go any higher than that though.  I'm wary of a lot of recent price moves, such as Arkham Asylum leaping to $300 in a few months, only to drop down to $250 and hold there.  Competition is much, much higher than it has ever been, and some of the price appreciation we see turns out to be resellers bidding up prices that ultimately cannot be sustained by end users.

• Like 1