75054 - AT-AT

Kenxxx

11 minutes ago, botchy123 said:

I think it could be years before remakes of AT-AT, ISD & MEC happen, if ever again. Maybe a UCS, but i would imagine these will be based on TFA

Why would they forgoe this easy source of revenue for years, though? TFA versions are around the corner.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, botchy123 said:

I think it could be years before remakes of AT-AT, ISD & MEC happen, if ever again. Maybe a UCS, but i would imagine these will be based on TFA

15 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

Why would they forgoe this easy source of revenue for years, though? TFA versions are around the corner.

Exactly, we've already seen that the new film leans heavily on the OT vehicle style. This set has 3 potential problems:

1) Release a slightly modified version for Ep 7 "The Falcon Effect". The X-wing and Tie seem to have avoided this a bit, perhaps due to their more drastic changes.

2) An upgraded version in a few years, like they do with iconic SW ships: ex: X-Wings, AT-AT's, ISD, Jabba Barge, Jabba Palace, ETC. This caps lots of SW sets.

3) A rumored UCS version would cap the ceiling a bit at the price of the UCS set. Surprisingly to me, the recent X-Wing and Tie Fighter have bucked this trend as they soared MUCH higher than i would have thought with UCS versions available. 

I feel the exact same way about the ISD, but not the Cantina. It might be the sneaky winner from this wave. (Plus you need 2 of them).

• Like 1

It has more appeal with AFOLs, I think that "fly or walk" thing apply to Christmas flips, i.e. sets for children. I foresee a very steady rise for the cantina over the years. AFOLs will always want it, and it runs virtually zero risk of being remade in a year or two.

Edited by Vinetu
  • Like 1

If the AT-AT, ISD, and Cantina are done for good (very likely at this point) I'll be very surprised.  These are major Star Wars sets that didn't even make it 18 months.  I'm at my fill of Cantinas but wish I would have got a couple more AT-ATs and ISDs.  There's still some around here but I'll have a hard time getting a nice discount.

21 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

But will Cantina be the next Jabba´s Barge? If it doesn´t fly or walk, stay well away.....

No. I'm a huge SW fan and this set just hits all the right buttons with me. The Cantina struck me as a must have when I first saw it. Dewback, Luke Speeder, and the Bith bandmembers are all selling points. The box art is also one of the best of the entire 2014 line. Jabba's barge, not so much. I'd buy it on sale, but at full price. Meh.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

I dont know, but you would think that Disney would want to create a whole new generation of fans for the next 20 years. Iconic scenes, vehicles and characters. That's why i think this new Death Star rumour is false, surely they can come up with more creative things with the talent available today compared to 30+ years ago. 

this set is worthwhile for several reasons ...

it just went and the lowest price on amazon is already $173.45. not bad for discounted buy in

have you seen the new at at ?  I mean do not get me wrong I am all star wars fan all the time all movies that being said after seeing the new at at I love the old one even more.  If you want to setup and play battle of hoth old school or recreate a scene the new at at will not even remotely fit the bill

• Like 1

1 hour ago, valenciaeric said:

We´re on the 3rd iteration already. Jabba´s stuff is not performing so I am a doubter.

I am also a SW unconditional, but still well, adult. There is no comparison between ANH classic and RoTJ. The only thing that saved RoTJ are few precious Dagobah moments and the finale. The rest is kids show. The monumental epitaph of what Lucas is capable of conjuring with no Kershner to reign him in. Sodded trailer ad for Jar Jar Binks 20 years ahead of time.

It even came more to evidence when I watched the OT for the first time with my sister few years back (she was around 26 at that time and clueless about SW). She really loved the first two, and then came the third she had her expectations full blown to the sky and she was like totally WTF?! the first 1h30. It's quite an epiphanic moment because you know, when you watch something for the 1236th time after first watching it at like 9 and loving it, your brain simply learns to ignore the Ewoks and Jabba freakshow. So, then you realize actually that ANH is an OT to the OT (actually ESB is, but let's not go there :) ).

I deviated, by bottom line is: Cantina Jabba stuff, not by a long shot when you consider AFOLs, primary target group for the set post-retirement ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fossilrock said:

I didn't play the Millennium Falcon game a year ago, but I recall people saying that it did some similar things, and didn't it peak around 250?  I'm starting to think we "may" see the At-At over 200 within a week..

I think we're going to see At-At over $200 within the next 24 hours (at least on Amazon).  Lowest FBA price is approaching $190 now.

28 minutes ago, redcell said:

I think we're going to see At-At over $200 within the next 24 hours (at least on Amazon).  Lowest FBA price is approaching $190 now.

I'm starting to agree with you .  This is crazy, down to 55 resellers.  It dropped another 10 resellers in a few hours and prices have gone up another 20 in 24 hours.  I keep raising my price every few hours, because I don't want to sell any at this point and want to wait at least another week.

So, what do you think they will peak at come the january cutoff when they open the doors back up to those that didn't make the holiday cut?  I'm starting to think 240 isn't out of the question, and that might be underestimated..especially if the movie comes out and sends everyone into a star wars buying frenzy.

===========

To compare the cantina went up a few bucks, and only dropped from 77 to 73 resellers.  AT-AT is definitely the winner right now.

Edited by fossilrock

Be prepared for more people to come on the scene as the price reaches 200, though. Another interesting thing is that 75105 is now backordered at US shop so there could still be some flip potential on that one too.

After the movie release, there should be a shift to the TFA sets, but until then there is a sweet little window to move this, ISD and 7965 is also back up appreciating again.

Maybe, but the velocity is pretty high right now, that I don't think it will matter much. 

Also, i've seen a very heightened interest in star wars merchandise (and sold quite a bit of it over the last two weeks), especially older retired stuff, and especially sets that are now running out of stock.  The upcoming movie combined with christmas is just money.  Now, the ultimate key is that the movie gets at least a 90% rating or higher on the reviewer sites.  If that happens… watch out.  Things will go nuts.  So the real gamble to take is not to blow out everything right now, because I think there will be even higher margins if the movie is really good, well liked, and creates a frenzy.  People will be lapping up a lot of SW merchandise and the retired stuff will be gold into february.

I don't understand why anybody would be selling these now, unless you are broke. See most people say they can wait before they sell to make some good money, but its not as easy as I stated 100 times. I have 25 paid around $75 or so months ago and will not be selling any for a while. So you guys that are Cracking and selling these now will regret it.    Ed

• Like 3

I don't understand why anybody would be selling these now, unless you are broke. See most people say they can wait before they sell to make some good money, but its not as easy as I stated 100 times. I have 25 paid around $75 or so months ago and will not be selling any for a while. So you guys that are Cracking and selling these now will regret it.    Ed

I don't blame folks who want to turn their $50-$75 profit around to buy more, if they have the resources.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, emazers said:

Careful, you're likely to get a "$5 is $5, times 20, that's $100"...

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, emazers said:

I prefer the tiered approach.  I currently have 12 of these, and i've bought in the 70s up to 100.  If this breaks 200, i'll definitely sell off a few in the next week or two, and may sell a few more up into february if the movie creates a frenzy.   Last years MF 7695 is a prime example of what might happen to the At-at.  I believe the MF peaked around 260 (yeah a few may have sold over that, but not many) and then when the new MF was announced prices pretty much plateaued.  After the new release, it's been sitting at 235 since and it hasn't really risen like the other sets.  I really would be shocked to see the AT-AT go for 300.00 and hold at that price.  Even MF 7454 has pretty much plateaued at 350.00 and that's been out for since 2007 I believe.  A decent peak will probably be within the next few weeks and while it could go higher, I doubt it goes MUCH higher.  

Other At-at's like 8129 currently sits at 245.  The ancient one 4483 while in the 500 range would have had to been held for a decade.  The motorized one is kind of it's own animal, and that sits around 700.  I don't see this version following in the footsteps of the motorized version.

Personally, I don't view most star wars sets as super long term holds since rehashes are too common.  Just look at what happened with the A-wing, Droid Escape, Hoth attacks set, Homing Spider Droid, etc.  They are all getting rehashed next year, and will be out soon.  AT-AT may have 2 years before the next iteration, but it will definitely have a new iteration in some form very soon.

Since I have a son that likes to build, I can pretty much flip two at-at's in the next couple weeks and take the profits to a lego store on January 1st, and buy a Brick Bank for free with the profit play money.  Not a bad move, by just picking up a few more at-at's over the last few days.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, exciter1 said:

I don't blame folks who want to turn their $50-$75 profit around to buy more, if they have the resources.

Exactly, if everyone waited you more patient guys would HATE all the competition when you decided to sell.