75054 - AT-AT

Kenxxx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So in germany the 75054 is discounted in local stores recently. The price is down to about 75-85 €. Still dont have one and not totaly sure about it, but price seems pretty good.

You think it could be a good flip?

The cheapest I could find at ebay just now is being offered for 95€

So together with the ebay free and all the hazzle you'll have I do not think it will be a good flip.

It is not highly thought after (they are still everywhere right?).

Anyhow, if it is discontinued by the end of this year/start of next year the buy in price of 75€ is pretty neat! (You probably won't find it cheaper).

Question is: Do you believe in this set? I'm a huge fan of the AT-AT so I got myself some when I found them cheap (actually 75€!). I believe that I can sell them for more once they are retired. On the other hand I don't know how long I'll have to hold on to them... I can imagine how this is a set that quite some brickvestors have in their brickfolio as it is affordable enough.

For 75€ I'd buy some. (It's a great set to put on display if you're into that stuff).

Word on the street is that we'll get some battle of hoth sets soon, so an AT-AT surely isn't that bad.

Edited by Locutus001

So in germany the 75054 is discounted in local stores recently. The price is down to about 75-85 €. Still dont have one and not totaly sure about it, but price seems pretty good.

You think it could be a good flip?

Usual story, if everyone goes in on it there will be no profit and beware of the remake. I´d check how many rivals you have on ebay etc and what prices they are selling at to see how you are going to compete.

Well I do not think 75054 does not have so much potential. I guess 150€ next XMAS could be possible, but there are better sets o put your money in.

So you think it has got some potential ^.^

"There are better sets to put your money [on]"... like for example... or then there is... and of course... and don't forget to mention that one...

All depends on buy-in price and some luck I'd say. For 75€ I'd take one or two of them ^.^ Like that you end up spending 150€ with a chance to make .. let's say 50€ profit. That's not too bad.

Of course you can also put your money on Ewok Village or X-Wing or ... well... I'm not sure to be honest! Let's say Pet Shop! (Or maybe the Death Star if we're all lucky this year!!! But probably NOT the Death Star... probably you shouldn't...).

I think the cheapest of these is PS for ca. 150€ You can probably sell it for 200€ once it is gone for good. Afterwards it will raise slowly. But to be honest it's far from being the best modular ever. If you'd ask me NOW for what the safest bet might be I'd go for PS! On the other hand I think this one is massively horded and you might make slightly more profit with two AT-ATs if you're looking to sell soon. In the long run I'd say PS wins as there'll probably be a remake of AT-AT within the next 5 years.

My personal WINNER is Ewok Village BUT only time will tell... also with 250€ it's the most expensive one here (not counting the Death Star!).

All in all it's difficult to tell. 75€ seems to be a safe bet though.

Thanks for your thoughts on that.

I just got the EV and a DS recently. DS for 330€ and EV for 199€. Personally i like the EV very much its a great set ;)

So perhaps im going for red five insteat of two 75054. Hope red five or EV retires...

Ps. First posts here. I just recently joines the game ;) great forum, great community, thanks in advance for supporting such a great hobby :)

Well I do not think 75054 does not have so much potential. I guess 150€ next XMAS could be possible, but there are better sets o put your money in.

It´s supply and demand. If more people hoard them than there are buyers you will be stuck with it until the lower priced ones are sold and by then a remake may be around - see M.F. and many others. If you are willing to take the risk and hold, you may be rewarded but the way things are going, SW playsets really need to be at least 40% off to make them a good investment.

People made money on 7965 because that set turned over a huge amount at Xmas and in the first half of 2015. AT AT and ISD are nowhere near as popular.

Edited by valenciaeric

It´s supply and demand. If more people hoard them than there are buyers you will be stuck with it until the lower priced ones are sold and by then a remake may be around - see M.F. and many others. If you are willing to take the risk and hold, you may be rewarded but the way things are going, SW playsets really need to be at least 40% off to make them a good investment.

People made money on 7965 because that set turned over a huge amount at Xmas and in the first half of 2015. AT AT and ISD are nowhere near as popular.

Depends on timing.  I don't think this is the year for AT-AT or ISD's.  They are still easily obtainable.  Really, next christmas is where they will be out of the retail world, and into the hands of the secondary market.  That's when i'd expect to see them spike, although, it more than likely won't last long, because a new AT-AT, and ISD remake will happen eventually.  These sets were released during the Summer of 2014..  I expect by the end of spring in 2016 they start to get scarcer, and then thats when you will see the rise like the 7965 did last year, and sets like the Republic Gunship are doing this year.  It's just a year to early yet.  Next year, though… i'd expect to see the AT-AT and ISD rise quite nicely.

Depends on timing.  I don't think this is the year for AT-AT or ISD's.  They are still easily obtainable.  Really, next christmas is where they will be out of the retail world, and into the hands of the secondary market.  That's when i'd expect to see them spike, although, it more than likely won't last long, because a new AT-AT, and ISD remake will happen eventually.  These sets were released during the Summer of 2014..  I expect by the end of spring in 2016 they start to get scarcer, and then thats when you will see the rise like the 7965 did last year, and sets like the Republic Gunship are doing this year.  It's just a year to early yet.  Next year, though… i'd expect to see the AT-AT and ISD rise quite nicely.

They may not retire this winter, either. In any case, UCS AT AT and ISD won´t be far of and  should serve to cap long term growth. As you say, timing is key with these sets.

They may not retire this winter, either. In any case, UCS AT AT and ISD won´t be far of and  should serve to cap long term growth. As you say, timing is key with these sets.

This is just a rumor though, no?  Maybe we get UCS AT-AT and maybe we get UCS ISD, but both in quick succession seems like a stretch.  In any case, I will note that 10240 does not seem to be holding down 9493.

Apparently there will be a new Star Destroyer playset in 2016 based on TFA.  How this affects the current one will be interesting. 9492 and 7965 seems to be suffering as they are very identical whereas 9493 prospers - perhaps due to all the differences and complications that Poe´s one has had and the price hike.

Apparently there will be a new Star Destroyer playset in 2016 based on TFA.  How this affects the current one will be interesting. 9492 and 7965 seems to be suffering as they are very identical whereas 9493 prospers - perhaps due to all the differences and complications that Poe´s one has had and the price hike.

A new Star Destroyer? Where did you get that information? Very interesting! Would be happy to see a new (better) one as I'm not too happy with the current one.

Over on eurobricks. Also, take a look at the toys Hot Wheels and Hasbro are making as they give an idea of what is to come.

There seems to be some doubt about the new sets' legitimacy, but regardless, none of them is an AT-AT or ISD.  I went through all the pics and set names.  Obviously there are ISD's in TFA, but I'm not seeing any evidence of a new ISD set, at least through the first half of next year.

There seems to be some doubt about the new sets' legitimacy, but regardless, none of them is an AT-AT or ISD.  I went through all the pics and set names.  Obviously there are ISD's in TFA, but I'm not seeing any evidence of a new ISD set, at least through the first half of next year.

Have you seen the Hot Wheels one? In any case it would likely come out in the Autumn so as to give a bit of space between current model and new one à la 75105.

• 4 weeks later...