75054 - AT-AT

Kenxxx

The History of At-At is great and all prevision of the  AT-At go at least above 2x to 5x the base price. I like to follow History in all my investments which is why I heavely invested into the AT-AT. 

The At-At will probably be remade within 3 to 4 years. I do not know if this is common knowledge but i guess it might as well be because it sets presidents on a investment matter. Click if you have seen the Star Wars Episode 7 TFA.

Spoiler

The new star wars movie was cut by at least 30 min. In that time there was  a good of plot building and history that was removed. There was also a battle scene on Star Killers Base where New AT-AT like walkers were shooting at Fin and Rey while they were inside a snow speeder. The first snow speeder as a result of this change only appeared for 1 second in the movie. The new walkers were seen for 2 to 3 seconds in the movie. My best guess why this happened is because Disney wants to sell the DVD so they will add the 30 min of missing content as a reason to Buy a worthless DVD. i kind of like the new at-at, expect ons of these in lego form for the release of the DVD or for episode 8. 

star-wars-7-imperial-walkers-image-at-at

Even if you have not seen the movie but you have investments with the at-at, I recommend you look.

Edited by Armor
  • Like 1

As soon as it hits 2x what I paid after fees, materials and shipping I'm selling ATAT. I'm not getting burned on a remake trying to get that extra 15% growth over another 2 years.

Edited by MarxMarvelous

The AT-AT was only produced during 1.5 years. That's three times as long as the Ocean HQ, but even then it isn't very long. 

While the Ocean HQ is a much rarer set, I estimate that the AT-AT will stay the more desired one, at least until another, better, AT-AT will become available in a year or so. If TLG will produce a UCS AT-AT (which is doubtful because of the immense part count if it's to be minifigure-scale, I refer to recent discussions about TLG-intended UCS playability; see also the rejected Ideas UCS AT-AT) then this will probably affect value of the 75054. 

Maybe it's just that Ultra Agents reminds me of the several mediocre themes that Lego invented in the past. Who is now interested in Jack Stone, Rock Raiders or Alpha Team? They didn't attract me then and they probably won't attract me in the future. If I were a completist, I'd reluctantly add them if the price were extremely modest. For example, Jack Stone's flagship model 4620 with its whopping 170 parts, has gained value of $0.26 since 2002. Somehow I think Ultra Agents is in that league of future desirability. Ah well, I've been wrong before :) 

(by the way I do think the Ocean HQ, as a rare set (and better than any Rock Raiders or Jack Stone set) will rise in value, just not as much as other sets; due to its rarity it will probably be a faster seller though)

Edited by Roy vd M.
I'm a completist
  • Like 2

If the name is Hoth Eco base then a majority of the set will most likely be the base. I also bet that the Set will be carried on the mini figs and not the set itself, the min figs will be unique to that set. I will put my money on a set that has.

• a rebel hanger
  • The Command center
  • A tunnel connecting the two thing
  • There Might 1 or 2 more rooms that are tiny along the way of the tunnel.
  • 1-2 rebel pilots (most likely 1)
  • 2-3 rebel soldiers
  • 1 snow speeder
  • chewbacca and lea with the commander
  • 3-4 Imperial Snow Troopers with one of them having a big Gun.
  • 1 At-St (I Really hope this happens)
  • 1 Imperial speeder
  • 1 Wampa 
  • 1 of those things Han Cut open, I don't remember the name.
  • (Might) Vader (I think Vader will come with another set)

her comes a close add on that i would like but i don't think will happen because Lego likes to have every thing be min fig compatible. 

• a mini ion cannon that was used for the rebels to escape the blockade.
  • 2 mini x-wings
  • a mid scale star destroyer
  • 1 rebel transport

I bet the set will be 299 to 349 to replace the sand crawler or Ewok village.

If the at at was in the set then the at at would be the dominant thing in the set. The AT-AT would be taller than the base so peoples eye will focus on that first. 

Edited by Armor

39 minutes ago, Jules_K said:

If the Hoth Echo Base is at a $200+ price point, isn't there a strong chance an AT-AT will be included in that set?

Unless they design a significantly smaller AT-AT for the Hoth Echo Base around 50% of the set would consist of an AT-AT. In that case the base would feel more like an add-on than the centerpoint of the set. So I would consider the inclusion of an AT-AT unlikely.

• Like 4

would you grab some at 129$+tx 150$ CDN, can have 8 at this price..  it's about 110$ us already 165$US on BL in america not a huge gain, but can it still rise that's the question

On 12/1/2016 at 5:56 PM, Brian Briggs said:

Unless they design a significantly smaller AT-AT for the Hoth Echo Base around 50% of the set would consist of an AT-AT. In that case the base would feel more like an add-on than the centerpoint of the set. So I would consider the inclusion of an AT-AT unlikely.

that would suck, no AT-AT would rock, and a separate UCS freaking awsome set AT-At would be awsome

Still loads of resellers who can´t shift them for under RRP here - it´s the one large playset that didn´t sell over Xmas and can still be found in shops. ISD is long gone and showing nice appreciation and 75105 is also selling well while shops wait for restocks.

On 1/14/2016 at 9:45 PM, lego rules said:

yes

I second that. I blew through 12 sales from walmart.ca's clearance sale, and am now going to slow down sales by raising prices. I think $250 CAD shipped is doable in a couple more months. Might touch $300 CAD shipped by Nov-Dec depending on a few other factors, but it is a pretty low risk investment. I can't see a scenario where you don't make some profit, and that always feels good to me when I buy. I'm a little risk-averse, so knowing the set is going to show at least some growth makes it an automatic buy for me.

On 1/12/2016 at 5:17 PM, Jules_K said:

If the Hoth Echo Base is at a $200+ price point, isn't there a strong chance an AT-AT will be included in that set?

I don't think so.  It's at least a 1100 piece set.  That would take up almost half the sets piece count.  Plus, someone already posted what was included.  It sounded like a new snowspeeder was included and one of those smaller chicken walkers.  Just look at the new batman set.  That had a helicopter, and batmobile, and still is priced at 269.00.  

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 7:29 AM, cladner said:

2014 SW sets are long gone from store shelves (and now on my shelves).  In the US, AT-AT is in the lead out of the gate but the difference is still under $20.  long term both will do well.  i have my bases covered.

IMG_3224.thumb.JPG.40198f085be031f6d1b87

Like you i'm sitting on nearly 200 #75054 and #75052 and probably 100-110 #75055 and a boat load of 75053. Just waiting...

Now stock piling 76013, 76023 and 75105

atat2.jpg

atat1.jpg

9 hours ago, SOBEBELLA said:

Now stock piling 76013

I'm curious what price you are paying for these?  Just so you know Target was clearing these out for $25-35 all across the U.S. last spring.  There is probably a huge number of sellers sitting on them at that price right now.

I would be nervous to hold too many AT-ATs.  

1)Rouge One could have some in the movie sparking new sets

2) the most popular mode in Star Wars battlefront video game is walker assault and they are already making Legos based on battlefront. 

3) with the Hoth base coming out they could remake it then or it could be included.

I I think much of the retirements were just clearing out old box art pre force awakens to get everything branded for tie ins with the re energized force awakens box art.   

Just my opinion.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, CoastaLego said:

I would be nervous to hold too many AT-ATs.  

1)Rouge One could have some in the movie sparking new sets

2) the most popular mode in Star Wars battlefront video game is walker assault and they are already making Legos based on battlefront. 

3) with the Hoth base coming out they could remake it then or it could be included.

I I think much of the retirements were just clearing out old box art pre force awakens to get everything branded for tie ins with the re energized force awakens box art.   

Just my opinion.  

and now for some facts.

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/search.cfm?searchterm=AT-AT

1000 piece AT-AT's are released on a remarkably consistent 3-4 year schedule since 2003.  we're not due for another until 2017 at the earliest and possibly not until 2018.  

interest in AT-AT is being driven by the Battlefront game and all thing Star Wars.

there was hardly a safer LEGO bet in 2014-15 then AT-AT.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 4