75054 - AT-AT

Kenxxx

Here's some other telling graphs.  First one is Millennium Falcon.  In my opinion, what's interesting about it is right around the point that it was announced that there would be a "new lego MF" for Rogue One is the point where it plateaued, and then slowly plateaued in price and went south a bit.  So, I think the At-AT will continue rising until that new announcement, whenever that maybe.  Until then ride the wave.

The second is the trajectory of the OT x-wing, which is still having an upwards swing.  It's tough to say if a new x-wing is coming for Rogue One, but it's in the film, so I suspect we might see one, and that will probably plateau that set too.  Interesting that Poe's X-wing had no effect on this older version, compared to say the new MF having an effect on the OT MF.

Finally, growth of the Republic Gunship, AT-TE, and AT-TP.  All these sets are showing upwards trajectories.  So, i'm going to go out on that limb again and say AT-AT's are going to continue to rise.  Also, sets that aren't currently retired but getting closer like the Imperial Shuttle Tydirium, Jedi Duel, and all of those first wave Force Awakens sets will probably see those EOL spikes.  Granted, not all sets spike like they do as the MF did, as some like the RG, AT-TE, etc slowly but steadily rise in price through the months.  But I think we will definitely see good spikes this year with other sets..  Now we just play the "when will the announcment be with a new At-At?"  In my opinion, you have to sell right before that announcement to hit the peak.  Because then it will more than likely plateau and start a slow but not too steep decline in price, similar to the OT falcon.

lego-mf.jpg

x-wing.jpg

republic-gunship.jpg

at-te.jpg

at-atp.jpg

• Like 4

I think you guys are underestimating the value of gifts the lucky children get now a days. If grand/parents are spending $100-150 on sets like Raptor's Escape or Hasbro's version of BB-8 remote control toy, whats $250 for a LARGE set of Lego be it AOH or AT-AT etc.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, tacsniper said:

I think you guys are underestimating the value of gifts the lucky children get now a days. If grand/parents are spending $100-150 on sets like Raptor's Escape or Hasbro's version of BB-8 remote control toy, whats $250 for a LARGE set of Lego be it AOH or AT-AT etc.

My kids don't get that much from me or my parents. It might be that they are still too young. It might also be that they don't really seem to even bother to take care of the smaller stuff that they get.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tacsniper said:

Amen. One of my students just got the AROCS from his grandparents. Just like that. His mother said "yeah, they do stuff like that" when I told her it's a $250 set.

20 hours ago, Haay said:

Yes, that's what I've been saying too :) The price hike will come in September/October when people are back to their regular routine again, when the hype for Rogue One is getting in full swing, and when the weather is moving to Autumn with rain showers so people will enjoy building their newly purchased LEGO sets once again. :D 

Past month there was a rain shower almost every day in the region I live...didn't quite boost my sales :lolu:

After the summer holiday people know exactly what they have left to spend on Lego (if desired). Same here, buy some nice sets or book an extra week holiday with my family in France...easy choice :derisive:.

On topic, I expect AT-AT to boost slighty after the summer holiday...(+/- 200E)

Edited by Brenner
typo
  • Like 1

I read somewhere the other day that the Rogue One At-Ats are not the same as the ones from Empire and ROTJ, but are modified to carry cargo and have a deeper underbelly than what we're used to and aren't considered military craft per se but more armed cargo vehicles. Will be interesting to see if this distinction preserves interest in the pure military craft for all the little Timmies out there. 

20 minutes ago, Simon74 said:

so with this picture TLG is playing with us... right?

AT-AT.jpg

We've already seen leaked pictures of the 5 sets and 3 Constraction figures that will be in those boxes and none are the AT-AT.  There could always be an exclusive or a later set that we don't know about yet, but all signs point to no AT-AT for the Force Friday launch.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
Newbie question: I often see this set listed as a pair on eBay with the Star Destroyer set (75055). Although that bumps the postage up for the buyer, is this a good selling strategy or is it generally better (ie. more profitable) to sell the two sets individually?

Individually. One might need one and not the other.

Just now, binary_storm said:

Newbie question: I often see this set listed as a pair on eBay with the Star Destroyer set (75055). Although that bumps the postage up for the buyer, is this a good selling strategy or is it generally better (ie. more profitable) to sell the two sets individually?

Better separate, unless one is a turd you want rid of - you can always bundle later if the buyer wants that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Better separate, unless one is a turd you want rid of - you can always bundle later if the buyer wants that.

7 minutes ago, jaylay said:

Individually. One might need one and not the other.

Thanks. Probably a good thing as I don't think I have boxes big enough to hold them both anyway!

9 hours ago, thoroakenfelder said:

Maybe 75009 so that the Snowspeder's not so out of proportion to itself.

As a combo of playsets I think most people would want 75049 though

That's true. That one is pretty much spot on for scale.

However, with a bit of modding, you can manage to make the microfighter look similar to that one.

• 4 weeks later...

Bringing this up in anticipation of holiday sales and upcoming movie.

Took a look at Marktplaats, local CL equivalent. Listed price creeping up nicely..hopefully no under cutters. Not many sellers...I'm sure the horde are waiting to unleash their stocks.

Will we see this 2x rrp or 2.5x?

• Like 1