75054 - AT-AT

Kenxxx

1 minute ago, Val-E said:

Didn´t work for Anakin´s UCS starfighter, did it? B wing will always be a set for the completists but those who got it for half price will have a nice war story to tell their grandchildren.

Well... wonder what story those who got 75050 at half price will tell their grandchildren.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Be careful with these At&Ats I know we can't post pictures but I've seen some buzz about a new At&At. Doesn't look like 75054 has the side sand color (like in the movie) but nevertheless if it's true I'm sure this will take a hit.

New to Lego reselling but it's very similar to trading and from what I've read on here the "good old days" are over. I think it's hey it retired and selling above RRP and my buy in was 50% of that...unload rinse/repeat. My 2 cents

33 minutes ago, Lego Templar said:

Be careful with these At&Ats I know we can't post pictures but I've seen some buzz about a new At&At. Doesn't look like 75054 has the side sand color (like in the movie) but nevertheless if it's true I'm sure this will take a hit.

New to Lego reselling but it's very similar to trading and from what I've read on here the "good old days" are over. I think it's hey it retired and selling above RRP and my buy in was 50% of that...unload rinse/repeat. My 2 cents

Where have you seen that rumour?

Where have you seen that rumour?

Not going to post links or anything but saw it on 2 YouTube videos and some forum (that wasn't a dedicated Lego site) I found one of the videos about it and on google can't find that forum (maybe it was removed) regardless even if it's fake I wouldn't "hold and pray" you see 300+ sell into a move up don't want to be a "bag holder" we call it...

The resell market seems to have done a 180. I read post from 2-3 years ago and it's completely different in the present. My advice (for what it's worth) is if you have say 20 of these I would sell half in the range it's now sell another 5 into early next year and sit on a few IF it goes higher. It's always shoulda, coulda, woulda with stuff like this but if I personally had some I would be slowly unloading. 125-150% above RRP is a win even if you bought at RRP. I just look at 10188 and see a repeat of that in a lot of "gem" sets. People get excited and woohoo then a slap on the face...

Don't hold a 100 and check back in a couple years lol...

Edit: I wasn't LOOKING for a possible At-amp;At in 2017 I came across it by mistake looking to see if there was any rumors or pictures of overall 2017 Lego sets. Seeing this thread pop up made me want to comment is all...just looking out.

Also my - is & so use to using & when the words AT are next to each other lol...

1000 piece AT-AT's are on a 3-4 year schedule going back to 2003. last release was 2014.  so 2017-2018 is a guarantee.  most of the 2017 sets from the first half of 2017 are known an AT-AT is not among them.  second half the year is harder to prognosticate.  i'm selling my remaining stockpile after Christmas when people return the junk they don't want to raise funds to buy a $350 AT-AT from me.   i wanna still be in the game with this set when it is making its final upticks mid-May for 8th grade graduation / tax-refund recipients and (hopefully) before the next one is more than rumor.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 2

1000 piece AT-AT's are on a 3-4 year schedule going back to 2003. last release was 2014.  so 2017-2018 is a guarantee.  most of the 2017 sets from the first half of 2017 are known an AT-AT is not among them.  second half the year is harder to prognosticate.  i'm selling my remaining stockpile after Christmas when people return the junk they don't want to raise funds to buy a $350 AT-AT from me.  hoping ISD start to soar a little hear too - seeing a lot of ISD action in all of the Rogue One trailers.  waiting for $350 to start unloading these which are on a much much less frequent remake schedule and I will be more reluctant to part with.

Double edged sword? Something to get excited about but also fear it could backfire and have a rerelease lol... The picture I saw looked 90% like this one minus the side of it being the same from the trailer (sand color) already confirmed that one set with those sand troopers wouldn't surprise me to see Q3-Q4 they drop a new At-At. I feel Lego is going to start acting like apple and getting lazy...lets change the color and add 50 pieces and charge 20 dollars more than the previous one...it's genius!

13 minutes ago, Lego Templar said:

Double edged sword? Something to get excited about but also fear it could backfire and have a rerelease lol... The picture I saw looked 90% like this one minus the side of it being the same from the trailer (sand color) already confirmed that one set with those sand troopers wouldn't surprise me to see Q3-Q4 they drop a new At-At. I feel Lego is going to start acting like apple and getting lazy...lets change the color and add 50 pieces and charge 20 dollars more than the previous one...it's genius!

i'm not going to overthink myself out of making extra easy money on this one once the holiday money is cleared out.  there are extremely well connected brickpickers who will let us know when an at-at is in the pipelines..i'm not at all surprised MOC ATAT based on rogue one trailers is being trolled as a new AT-AT release.  Holding beyond June is getting risky, but no risk no reward.  Even if there is word of a new AT-AT release in Q1-2018, those still holding AT-AT for next holiday season might still clean up since the the holiday gift buyers are not going to care that a new release is just around the corner.  i'm  riding out the current holiday season to let seller count drop down further so I can make 20% more in 3 months.

Edited by cladner

8 hours ago, Lego Templar said:

Not going to post links or anything but saw it on 2 YouTube videos and some forum (that wasn't a dedicated Lego site) I found one of the videos about it and on google can't find that forum (maybe it was removed) regardless even if it's fake I wouldn't "hold and pray" you see 300+ sell into a move up don't want to be a "bag holder" we call it...

The resell market seems to have done a 180. I read post from 2-3 years ago and it's completely different in the present. My advice (for what it's worth) is if you have say 20 of these I would sell half in the range it's now sell another 5 into early next year and sit on a few IF it goes higher. It's always shoulda, coulda, woulda with stuff like this but if I personally had some I would be slowly unloading. 125-150% above RRP is a win even if you bought at RRP. I just look at 10188 and see a repeat of that in a lot of "gem" sets. People get excited and woohoo then a slap on the face...

Don't hold a 100 and check back in a couple years lol...

Edit: I wasn't LOOKING for a possible At-amp;At in 2017 I came across it by mistake looking to see if there was any rumors or pictures of overall 2017 Lego sets. Seeing this thread pop up made me want to comment is all...just looking out.

Also my - is & so use to using & when the words AT are next to each other lol...

Completely different? Yes and no.

I searched for 2011 famous sets like 10221 still gets a decent return. It all depends on picking. 

Of course the economy may affect the lego investment environment. 

Bad economy > not enough money then give a pass on nicely designed set (10196) > better return after 3-5 years

People will surely get bored soon then they may miss some nice sets. If you zoom out to 3-5 years frame, the return could still be decent. Of course every bit of the cost counts. Maybe the return could just cover the inflation and storage cost. My $0.02.

New AT-ACT reminds me of new Captain Rex's AT-TE... I dumped my old 75019 AT-TE's last January (sold FBA for about $168) when I heard about the new one coming out. Now the old 75019 is about $190 FBA (up 13% from $168). Brick Picker price guide shows a 20% increase since last January.  I thought the 75157 would flat-line the old AT-TE, but Cap'n Rex's scrap-yard monster is NOT the same as the old AT-TE. For the collector (or rich kid) who wants a Hoth AT-AT, a new AT-ACT will not be acceptable.

• Like 2

holiday demand seems to be decimating amazon's stock - sellers down to 76 on the primary listing - lowest FBM $257.  getting to the seller's market point of appreciation now where things can go up quickly.  i'm not afraid of a tan -colored tropical flavored AT-AT having any effect on the  price of the OT Empire Strikes Back version.  ebay price is creeping up now $230-240 with shipping fees under completed sales.

Edited by cladner