75054 - AT-AT

Kenxxx

16 minutes ago, GhostDad said:

This is more true than people realize.  I have had similar conversations with customers who stated the sets were gifts for their kids.  If AT-ACT comes out next year and is $120 - $150 for more pieces and minifigs, I can't see AT-AT holding its current $250 eBay value.

you guys are clueless about star wars fandom if you think that a (hypothesized) AT-ACT is going to make a dent in the price of an out of production retired OT Hoth AT-AT.  you're talking apples and oranges.  almost like saying Poe's X-wing should have dented 9493's price.  

the ship has sailed for non-1%er Timmy to get his AT-AT until 2018ish when it is inevitably re-released.  between now and then, the intestinal fortitude of the reseller will determine the price on this set.

it was a year ago today that i bought my last 75054's from amazon.  sniff ... sniff.  they grow up so fast...

Edited by cladner
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, cladner said:

you guys are clueless about star wars fandom if you think that a (hypothesized) AT-ACT is going to make a dent in the price of an out of production retired OT Hoth AT-AT.  you're talking apples and oranges.  almost like saying Poe's X-wing should have dented 9493's price.  

the ship has sailed for non-1%er Timmy to get his AT-AT until 2018ish when it is inevitably re-released.  between now and then, the intestinal fortitude of the reseller will determine the price on this set.

it was a year ago today that i bought my last 75054's from amazon.  sniff ... sniff.  they grow up so fast...

The difference is that Poe's X-Wing looks radically different from Luke's.  Different paint job all over, different engines, general ugliness of the former...  Whereas the AT-ACT differs only in the blaster cannon configuration and the yellowness of the sides.  We're not talking, say, AT-AT versus AT-ST.

I bought 26 AT-AT's last year.  I expected about $200 by now, so this is a nice break from the general crushing of my expectations this year in lego reselling has been.  I think the last $50 of the AT-AT's current price of $250 owes a lot to the AT-ACT's presence in all the Rogue One publicity online.  Or maybe it's the lack of Snowspeeders available at retail that makes the AT-AT feel like a safer purchase.

11 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

excellent . weed out the under cutters 

1 minute ago, BrickLegacy said:

I broke through the $300 FBM barrier with a sale yesterday so it's getting interesting.

U need to be culled . Def price will soar over the weekend*

* TP and Blue Proton are to disregard this statement ... nothing to see here. Loser set . High storage fees .... I have kids to feed . 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Prime almost at $350 

There are a couple Russians on BrickLink selling these for ~$150.  Almost seems worth the risk.  Shipping to Russia is nearly impossible (delivery essentially never happens) so I blocked the country long ago from a selling perspective.  As a buyer, though, I wonder...  Lots of lego sets seem to be getting "stuck" in Russia these days and dramatically lagging their Western European and North American counterparts in price.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Orthanc_Residen said:

All in - kept them for Xmas 2017. Gambling, but I assume there will be nothing comparable in 2017. Prices in Europe still low compared to USA.

It is a gamble.  I sold off the last of mine this week.  3 x MSRP doesn't happen often these days, and I'm betting on the near certainty of AT-ACT next year.  Even without competition, sets do plateau.  Honestly, it's a risk either way (hold or sell).  One wild card with these though...  Russians are dumping them on eBay and BrickLink.  It's weird.  I don't think they're counterfeits or anything like that.  But there's even a recent sale from Kazakhstan in the eBay sold listings.

22 minutes ago, GhostDad said:

It is a gamble.  I sold off the last of mine this week.  3 x MSRP doesn't happen often these days, and I'm betting on the near certainty of AT-ACT next year.  Even without competition, sets do plateau.  Honestly, it's a risk either way (hold or sell).  One wild card with these though...  Russians are dumping them on eBay and BrickLink.  It's weird.  I don't think they're counterfeits or anything like that.  But there's even a recent sale from Kazakhstan in the eBay sold listings.

Alot of rich expats work in Kazakhstan as there is alot of oil and gas there 

1 hour ago, Mhd747 said:

Alot of rich expats work in Kazakhstan as there is alot of oil and gas there 

lots of scammers looking to get rich off stupid ahmerriikanz. i got yer at-at right here. 

there are 32 sellers left on amazon and a third of those have got it in there head that at-at's should go for over $400.  i like that way of thinking.

13 hours ago, GhostDad said:

If I would sell in overseas, I would have done the same. But I do not want to sell for 180 Euro, if the price at LEGO Shop at Home was 120 Euro... That's not even 50% margin, if you consider those prices. I stepped in at 70 Euro nevertheless, but why should I throw my money down the drain?

Edited by Orthanc_Residen
  • Like 1

Yesterday I saw this set show up in my "Search Results from Amazon" promotional banner under this page for $103.45. When I went to Amazon.com, it showed $319.99 as the lowest. Did it indeed surface briefly for close to RRP and did one of you score one? CCC didn't catch it, I checked there ....

Xmas and Rogue One surely had its effect on supply. The price only grew a little bit. But I have good hopes for January. As most people will have viewed the new movie and Xmas envelopes are opened. 

My goal for 75054 AT-AT and 75055 ISD is to net 200 Euro each after fees. Almost there.

AT-AT supply is less than supply for ISD here on ebay Germany. And AT-AT is still slightly cheaper than ISD. But the difference is getting smaller each day passes.

• Like 1