75054 - AT-AT

Kenxxx

1000 piece AT-AT's are on a 3-4 year remake schedule going back to 2003-2014.  so if its not next year, 2018 is close to guaranteed.  i'll be out of AT-AT by January 2017.

ISD are on a much lower frequency of remake.  it was 8 years between 1000 piece+ ISD's last time around.  I am in no hurry to unload my stash of ISD.

I'm expecting a similar scale 1300 piece SSD before we get another ISD.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, cladner said:

1000 piece AT-AT's are on a 3-4 year remake schedule going back to 2003-2014.  so if its not next year, 2018 is close to guaranteed.  i'll be out of AT-AT by January 2017.

ISD are on a much lower frequency of remake.  it was 8 years between 1000 piece+ ISD's last time around.  I am in no hurry to unload my stash of ISD.

I'm expecting a similar scale 1300 piece SSD before we get another ISD.

I´m expecting them to switch to the "squeeze the merchandising  cash cow dry" frequency of remake while the new movies are being released.

• Like 1

Here's my two bit opinion... I think the OT AT-AT's might not see a revision for some time.   In theory, summer of 2017 could see a release of the AT-ACT, and i'm sure there will be a big set dedicated to Rogue One in the summer wave, but is it going to be an AT-ACT?  That i'm not so sure of.  It will be interesting to watch Rogue One and see which ships will be in the movie, but I think that transport ship with 4 wings (that we see get blown up in the trailer) would also be a viable option for a large Rogue One set.  But, if they do make an AT-AT, it's probably not going to be hoth based, so the hoth version will still rise in value.  I don't think they remake a OT based AT-AT for a long time.  At best, we may eventually see a UCS AT-AT, but that could be the next time we see an AT-AT released.   I think if they were going to release an AT-AT for Rogue One, it would have made more sense to do it for the upcoming force friday this year, but they didn't head down that road.  The AT-AT being retired after just a year and a half was actually a good thing for those of us that invested in them.  It also doesn't make much rational sense from a business standpoint, especially now that we know that the AT-AT isn't in the first two Rogue one waves.

I do think if they make any Imperial Star Destroyer, that it won't be based off the OT.  Instead it will be the Resurgent-class Star Destoyer, the Finalizer, and I would almost suspect we see it for the Episode 8 force friday event.  If not Episode 8, i'd suspect it will be in episode 9.  That's my prediction, anyway.  I could very well see a UCS finalizer that is put out for a force friday event.  But, will the Finalizer effect prices of the ISDs?  I'm not so sure, anymore than what Poe's X-wing did to the 9493 X-wing.  In my opinion, Poe's x-wing had an almost non-existent effect on 9493. 

The Finalizer is also twice as big as the Imperial class star destroyers, so in theory i'd almost suspect if they do make the Finalizer for Episode 8, it would be larger than the ISD, priced around 199.99 to 249.99, and be even larger than the ISD.  If that happens, then I think a safe prediction would be to suspect the ISD to go up in value, approach the 300 mark, then settle back towards 250 if a Finalizer were made for next years force friday event.

I still am sitting on half my original at-at stock, and still have all my ISD stock that I purchased last year...  I'm planning on blowing out all but 2 of my AT-AT's before february, and will probably also go down to just 2 ISD's.   I think i'll keep one ISD and AT-AT for the personal collection, and then a super one minty box version for the long long haul.  That's my plan, anyway.  But I am almost hedging on seeing a Finalizer for Episode 8.  I'm sure it will be in the movie and play a role in the film.

Edited by fossilrock

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, MagicShop said:

I sold mine at 200€ cash a few day ago...

I would say it's going 250€ easy to 300€ mark

Glad I went all in on ISD´s it hasn´t failed me. My AT AT buy-in was too high. The ISD is practically UCS red 5 size and part count for much less price so it´s easy to shift.

1 minute ago, Ciglione said:

Cause it seems it was not hoarded that much. That will make it legendary compared to current UCS sets.

Didn´t work for Anakin´s UCS starfighter, did it? B wing will always be a set for the completists but those who got it for half price will have a nice war story to tell their grandchildren.