What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

Finally have been able to buy and build this set!

It's awesome, even though it is dwarved if you put it next to the UCS version. I like that you can put minifigs in the back though and that there even is a "door". This in a big UCS like version would have been great. The playability of this set + the size and detail of the UCS would be almost unbeatable.

Minifigs are also beautifuly detailed. Standing next to the old Endor Rebel Troopers the old troopers literally look "old".

Also built the small AT-DP ;-)

Imperial Shuttle Tyderium.jpg

• Like 4

UA Ocean HQ. I haven't  built let alone bought anything in this theme but when I saw Jangs review it got me. I was able to pick it up at TRUT for $60 and for that price not only is it a great build but nice display and awesome play set. It is very similar to building the tumbler not just because it is black but it has a technic core with many neat building techniques at different angles to complete the set. It does not have hull pieces like a traditional ship so at 1204 pieces you get a lot for your money. Also it is heavy and almost 2 feet long. I even applied the stickers.  The side panels open up like Jabbas sail barge to reveal Accesories and play areas. I will include a pic so you know what set I am talking about but it probably won't do it justice. I swapped out all the Trans orange and some of the white with Trans light blue and I have a BL order on the way to finish off the main Gatling gun in Trans light blue. 

Up next is the DBZ

image.jpg

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 9

UA Ocean HQ. I haven't  built let alone bought anything in this theme but when I saw Jangs review it got me. I was able to pick it up at TRUT for $60 and for that price not only is it a great build but nice display and awesome play set. It is very similar to building the tumbler not just because it is black but it has a technic core with many neat building techniques at different angles to complete the set. It does not have hull pieces like a traditional ship so at 1204 pieces you get a lot for your money. Also it is heavy and almost 2 feet long. I even applied the stickers.  The side panels open up like Jabbas sail barge to reveal Accesories and play areas. I will include a pic so you know what set I am talking about but it probably won't do it justice. I swapped out all the Trans orange and some of the white with Trans light blue and I have a BL order on the way to finish off the main Gatling gun in Trans light blue. 

Up next is the DBZ

Exactly what I came here to post. My son is building this, as we had a "boat day" after a month long Lego organizing project. This was the reward, and my daughter got the Dolphin Cruiser. For the money this set is simply amazing, great figs, great details, and a pretty dang large ship. My son is 7 and a pretty good builder, but no problems with it so far. 

• Like 2

7679 Republic Fighter Tank

My son wants this and I'm sure I'll get it at some point.  I'm not sure why they chose to skimp on the minifig additions in this series?  This very reason is why I haven't picked it up yet.  I did buy a used V-19, which is a very nice and cool build, but it only comes with Oddball.

• Like 2

We were potty training this weekend so we had a little bit of extra time. Broke down a few sets and built trevi fountain, mummy museum and the mystery plane. Also put up a wall of shelves in her closet and attempted to smoke my first salmon. A pretty good weekend all said and done.

Edit: spelling

We were potty training this weekend so we had a little bit of extra time. Brike down a few sets and built trevi fountain, mummy museum and the mystery plane. Also put up a wall of shelves in her closet and attempted to smoke my first salmon. A pretty good weekend all said and done.

I don't think that you should smoke Lego, even if you build a fish.

We were potty training this weekend so we had a little bit of extra time. Broke down a few sets and built trevi fountain, mummy museum and the mystery plane. Also put up a wall of shelves in her closet and attempted to smoke my first salmon. A pretty good weekend all said and done.

Edit: spelling

You are still wearing diapers???

• Like 4

Built a Queen Annes Revenge that I bought used from ebay a few weeks ago.  Description said it was 100% complete but of course it isn't even close.

Missing 21 pieces including the 2 hanging skeletons!  Seller hasn't responded yet and I really don't want to have to send it back.

Edited by Moppy

Built a Queen Annes Revenge that I bought used from ebay a few weeks ago.  Description said it was 100% complete but of course it isn't even close.

Missing 21 pieces including the 2 hanging skeletons!  Seller hasn't responded yet and I really don't want to have to send it back.

Can't you request from him the total price from blicklink (including shipping)? Assuming he responds...otherwise you should open a SNAD...
  • Like 1

I assume you mean I should find the parts on Bricklink?  Not going to be easy but I will be trying that route first as I really want the ship.

whats a SNAD?  Dispute of some sort?

Find the parts on Bricklink the best you can. (If that happened to me, I'll try to get as cheap and from as least number of sellers as possible just like I were ordering for myself.)

Copy him the list and ask him if he can reimburse you or order them for you.

If some parts are hard to find, don't hesitate to find them on LEGO's brick service.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

gf wanted a pen holder and it had to look like unikitty puked it up, so this is what she got

IMG_2209.JPG

IMG_2211.JPG

Edited by brickcrazyhouse

gf wanted a pen holder and it had to look like unikitty puked it up, so this is what she got

BCH, another great MOC.  Very impressive - I especially like the drawer and handles, and the little touches that say "this isn't all Unikitty", like the crabs and bat...

I built the 75059 Sandcrawler over the last 5 days and it is a thoroughly enjoyable build, except for bags 9 and 16.  I really appreciated how the designers created the paneling and the guts of the vessel; I even enjoyed connecting the 300 pieces of tread! However, I am indifferent to the end result and this set appears to be one where the sum is less than the parts.  This set is not worthy of "UCS" in my opinion as it lacks the display value of more recent sets: R2, SSD, and Slave 1 are examples of superior models and it isn't nearly as impressive as some older exclusives.

Overall, I still recommend building one if you are a builder.

IMG_20150731_224141.jpg

IMG_20150802_094102.jpg

IMG_20150804_173335.jpg

IMG_20150804_225447.jpg

Edited by redghostx
Added photos.
  • Like 5

I built the 75059 Sandcrawler over the last 5 days and it is a thoroughly enjoyable build, except for bags 9 and 16.  I really appreciated how the designers created the paneling and the guts of the vessel; I even enjoyed connecting the 300 pieces of tread! However, I am indifferent to the end result and this set appears to be one where the sum is less than the parts.  This set is not worthy of "UCS" in my opinion as it lacks the display value of more recent sets: R2, SSD, and Slave 1 are examples of superior models and it isn't nearly as impressive as some older exclusives.

Overall, I still recommend building one if you are a builder.

IMG_20150731_224141.jpg

IMG_20150802_094102.jpg

IMG_20150804_173335.jpg

IMG_20150804_225447.jpg

It's still one of the coolest brown boxes on wheels that you'll come across.