What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

Scooby Doo 75903 Haunted Lighthouse - first set I have built from this theme and I am hooked, seeing the Shaggy and Scooby figures in real life look great and the colors are fun.  I am actually going to display this set next to my EEE which I think should look great....

I like the combination of the lighting and the paint on the wall. It gave it a more haunted feeling!

Since I missed the Creator lighthouse, maybe I should get this one too! :D

• Like 1

I don't think that is a good idea.  You are best to have the TB on one shelf all by itself.  This was the widest version of the shelf I got and it fits perfectly.  There is no way you will be able to put the SOH beside it.  Oh, the TB is a lot more flimsy and difficult to transport than SOH.  You will need someone to help you move TB.  Have fun with TB, I found it very annoying LOL.

We shall see if the suspension cables will do their job!

P1010032.JPG

• Like 2

Built Minecraft The Cave with my kids. What I really like about Minecraft is that the blocks are very basic. It is easy to expand with misc bricks we already have, so the Cave turned into a whole Minecraft world as time went on. It is also very easy for the kids to create in the Minecraft context. 

• Like 2

Scooby Doo Mystery Mansion set: build took about 1.5 hours and was enjoyable.  The two things I would change would be: have a brick built purple tower top instead of the large molded piece and also have the set aligned straight instead of angled in on both sides.  Or have it angled on the green house side and the other two building connected flush instead of the way they did.  Figures are great and vampire looks much better in person and not as child like as I thought the photos showed.  The Haunted Lighthouse is still my favorite set thus far but this is a very close second.

image.jpg

• Like 3

I built four more mixel mechs this past couple weeks and still have a few more to go. Ha. An update to another thing, I did remember and could find a replacement battery for my digital camera so hopefully I will get to take some shots between breaks. I already took a few of the mini mixel mech using the Magnifo I found in Walmart's clearance aisle sometime back.

I'm getting quite good with these things and the last four mixel mechs in order of Glowkies, Glorp Corp (series 3), Infernites (series 4), and just the other night Orbitrons have turned out to be my personal bests thus far. In a funny way, I have ended up with a bunch of pieces leftover yet these latest models feel better thought out (and color coordinated) than my older designs that used almost everything but looking back can seem a little haphazard by comparison although still good in some ways. They were my first ones after all and if anything helped me gain perspective on a whole.

I think I will disassemble my older mech designs after taking pictures of course and try again to see if something better can come out from these hands of mine. In any case, I am making sure to have a copy of each one recreated in a LDD file for future reference and/or possible tweaking.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

In any case, I am making sure to have a copy of each one recreated in a LDD file for future reference and/or possible tweaking

It would be really nice if there was a feature to send any set availble for LDD.

It's been a busy week.  We've built all the Scooby Doo sets,  6036 Carnage Shield Sky Attack, 76037 - Rhino and Sandman Supervillain Team-Up, 6867 - Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape, and 6869 - Quinjet's Aerial Battle. Yes, we're opening retired sets and I still need to build Spidey-Cycle to have a NIck Fury.  I'm totally blown-away by how small the new Quinjet is in comparison to the old one.  6869 is a great build and I guess it's underrated, since it's growth was stunted by the new inferior Quinjet.
P1130098.thumb.JPG.823d1bb8b35ed2ce50bd2

P1130099.thumb.JPG.79654c61fe2b1b0a7406b

• Like 4

yup that new quinjet is nowhere near as good as the first one ... there is still hope that 6869 will see a steep increase soon ...

My son has been harping on me to open it for the better part of a year.  I sold my others already, but I have a bad habit of keeping one of everything.  I still haven't opened my last Wolverine Chopper yet, but I'm sure I will.  My son actually wants to build the X-Jet soon.

My son has been harping on me to open it for the better part of a year.  I sold my others already, but I have a bad habit of keeping one of everything.  I still haven't opened my last Wolverine Chopper yet, but I'm sure I will.  My son actually wants to build the X-Jet soon.

gave my daughter both quinjets for her bday. She was already anti new one so after those pics probably just tell her to skip new one altogether.  

• Like 1

Mixels Series 5 Klinkers. These fellas remind me of a time before now where we just call it all "steampunk" but instead something like 'clock tech' due to the gears, axles, and gyros similar to that of an old clock and no steam involved. Anyway I found the choice in colors & parts perfect and the character designs interesting & expressive.

Overall my personal favorite from the group is easily Gox between the pieces included and the range of motion achievable. (Right now he is having a little head scratching moment pondering about something whatever that may be.) Jinky has a great frame but the gaping mouth large enough to drive a truck through can be distracting and I'm not a fan of his hands (or at least the process of trying to get those robo arms onto the ends of the exhaust pipes). Finally Kamzo is a nicely stout character with very simple but effectively expressive eyes. His right arm claw is very cool even though it cannot actually grab onto anything. I haven't built these Klinkers' Max form but I must say it could be the first I would be willing to.

In other events, I took my complete set of Series 4 Infernites found on clearance at the same time as Magnifo and made a mini mixel mech from each of them. Jeeze, and I thought building the big ones were limiting. Haha. Well they turned out ....interesting to say the least. Meltus became a kind of fat little droid, Flamzer is some big blaster cannon, while Burnard came out pretty good like some versatile walking turret. At this size they aren't flexible by any stretch but they only need to look the part not move the part.

Up next are the Frosticons and Lixers of Series 5.

• Like 2

Built the Minecraft Desert Outpost: the set is larger than I expected and I like the layout of the brick walls around the structures.  I have built every Minecraft set except for the Nether and this set would be my 3rd favorite, the Cave being #1, the Mine #2, and this third.  The Alex figure looks great and so does the wolf and the overall colors look more vibrant in person than they do on the box art and Lego website photos.  

image.jpg

Edited by runormal
  • Like 2

Built the Minecraft Desert Outpost: the set is larger than I expected and I am really please with the set.  I have built every Minecraft set except for the Nether and this set would be my 3rd favorite, the Cave being #1, the Mine #2, and this third.  The Alex figure looks great and so does the wolf and the overall colors look more vibrant in person than they do on the box art and Lego website photos.  

I appreciate the pic and review.  I know nothing about Minecraft, other than occasionally helping my son get past something or figure something out.  I still don't understand the whole phenomena, but the ranking of preferred sets is helpful for me to put them in perspective.

Today has been an amazing building day: started with the Minecraft Desert Outpost as noted above and caught the building bug and decided to break open the Tumbler I had ordered as well.   What a magnificent set.  As other reviewers have mentioned it is extremely fragile in some areas but it will be no issues once displayed on my shelf.  Build time took me 4.5 hours and the repetition of building mirror sides was never boring.  Having never seen the set in person before today I was also surprised at home large to tires are but of course once built the proportions all looked right, etc.  Fun stuff.

image.jpg

• Like 5