What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

Mixels Series 5 Lixers. Yes, I jumped over the Frosticons to build these likable licking loonies but I will get back to those a bit later of course. Moving along these critters went together pretty quick which may have more to do with my own body & mind getting back into the swing of building like I used to be as a kid. Personal favorite for design, pieces used, and interesting build process would be Tungster hands down. The part selection is quite good and the character is goofy but neat. Second favorite would be Spugg who is one of the better 'dog-like' characters in the entire Mixels line and finally the 'window-licker' Turg is okay. He is a silly one like a big 'ole bullfrog but the build itself went by so fast I barely remember putting him together and as for display he just sits there squatting with a tongue taking up so much space.

A side note I think is awesome was getting some translucent orange wedge pieces (thanks to Spugg)! I have piles of those in white and black but not a see-through color so that was nice.

• Like 1

Other the last few days I built the 7783 Batcave and I will put the stickers on this weekend.  I am very excited to own this, as in general this was similar to building a new set as only the two vehicles had ever been built, all extra pieces were in the box, instructions were, and are, in mint condition, and the modules of the build were never put together, just a few random pieces stuck together for no reason.

This is similar to 10937 AA Breakout in that it is occasionally an odd build but the end result is great, except for Robin, because he's Robin.  I wonder why the Batcave needs a net gun though and the ramp should be one stud lower so that the Batboat can go out the same way it came in, if it wanted.  I noticed that the zipline is too long for the set, so I added a tower to create line tension and the changing room is very clever but I don't not know what purpose the large cylinder serves .  Overall, a BEAUTIFUL set and this will pair brilliantly with the recent AA.

IMG_20150813_073517.jpg

IMG_20150813_073630.jpg

• Like 3

I did build The Detectives Office yesterday and today. I wanted to build a modular for quite some time now and finally did buy this one as my first modular (I own others but didn't build them).

Next one I want to build is either Pet Shop (as long as it is still available... even though I already do own some for investment...) or the Parisian Restaurant.

(Actually I'd prefer building PR but PS will be first to retire so I'll probably go for that one. Also it fits nicer to DO).

Sorry for the quality of the pictures!

Right now we have Darth Vader and a Stormtrooper preparing some cookies (come to the dark side... we have cookies!) while another stormtrooper is stormpooping.

Outside Marty McFly is being chased by Dr. Hibbert (inside of the big super secret police car) and Batman is on the roof together with the cat(maybe woman...).

The other minifigs that belong to the set are hanging out at The Highlanders, the detective is in his office (won't he smell the cookies as soon as he goes out on the floor??? o.O) and the police woman is getting her hair done at AL'S (by Al the barber...).

DO and PR (the newest modulars) are the best ones right now if you ask me. After putting together this one I just can recommend it to everyone! I guess in time I'll buy a second one to add another floor.

do1.jpg

do2.jpg

do3.jpg

do4.jpg

do5.jpg

• Like 5

the ligther one is brandnew out of he box. The other one is discolored over 12 years

Are you sure about that?  The older 10030s came in Light Gray (old gray) and the newer 10030s came in Light Bluish Gray (new gray).  Maybe it's just the picture but the discoloration is pretty uniform to me.

Yup got em on ebay. Same seller also had Dark Knight trilogy and Back to the Future trilogy. I might do Dark Knight coming soon posters on the inside of the windows. 

Wonderful! 

Or one could open an extra PC and make one twice as big. So you can put all the posters and do not have to choose! :D

• Like 2

Are you sure about that?  The older 10030s came in Light Gray (old gray) and the newer 10030s came in Light Bluish Gray (new gray).  Maybe it's just the picture but the discoloration is pretty uniform to me.

I agree with you Alpine. I don't think it's discoloration as the color is very uniform. He has the old and new gray versions of 10030. It's really nice to be able to see the color difference. I have an old grey myself.

• Like 1