What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

I am torn between building pet shop or detective office. Discounting the near EOL factor, which should I build?

The Pet Shop is boring, so go with the Detective's Office

I always dismantle first.  It's the only way that works for me. 

There are times when leaving parts built is a lot more convenient.  I kept some of the repetitive builds on the top of my used SSD instead of breaking up hundreds of 1x1 tiles and plates, building each once was enough.

• Like 1

Pet Shop is the better Build in my opinion though thats probably because it reminded me of less fun build of my favourite set Green Grocer (it has quite a few similar technique though green grocer was better at execution petshop was about giving as much as possible for $150). thought Im going to say if I were to rank the current market modulars.

1. Parisian Restaurant (cuz its smexy, unique and rlly fun to build) 

2. Pet Shop (2 Completely separate buildings great exterior petshop building is complete but the apartment is defiantly lacking interior wise except for floor 1 That bath was genius) 

3. Detective Office (I liked this set but it was simple also wish they where separate buildings as well still love the water tower though great technique and the roof design on the hair dresser building)

4. Palace Cinema (Interior is really lacking, exterior is alright though It takes to much from the Chinese theatre in LA wish it was more unique. the build was alright as well)  

• Like 1

Just ordered this from eBay and decided to put it together this weekend - was worth every penny!  REALLY looking forward to CMF 14 to add to this - was actually one of the reasons I decided to finally purchase the set.  Also, the sand green bricks are awesome, I think it's a great color.

image.jpg

• Like 7

Guest brickcrazyhouse

some good builds this weekend. we build jabba's sailing barge and the red piggy bank.  Did clean the Eiffel tower hoping to build that this week.

edit: and sadly a little jeolous of Kunfuzd's sharpy cup

Edited by brickcrazyhouse

BP and QAR. Imperial Flagship is up next.

Daughter built the grand hotel from the what did you buy thread earlier.  No QFLL'ing that one  (unfortunately).  Took her about 4 hours

Do you think it would make a good modular? I was considering picking up a few on sale and trying it out. I love the look but am not sure it would fit in with the other modulars.

BP and QAR. Imperial Flagship is up next.

Do you think it would make a good modular? I was considering picking up a few on sale and trying it out. I love the look but am not sure it would fit in with the other modulars.

its a facade the way it is so would definitely have to have 2.  It does have the removable floors like a modular so height wise I think it could pass, especially with the newer ones seeming smaller in size.

My friend who has built all the modulars looked at it after building it and said if you had 2 it could possibly work as modular type building

Edited by ravenb99
wasn't done
  • Like 1

My son built the Avengers Tower today and I helped along the way. It's a solid little set that has quite a bit going for it.  Lots of play features and a good centerpiece to the new Avengers sets.  We also built the new Quinjet a couple weeks ago, but I think he'll play with this a bit more.  I have a loose and one boxed Hydra Fortress Smash that I'll combine for a big fortress.  I'm also going to open a Loki's Escape, since we don't have a Loki to fight yet.

Next up after I build my Detolf Cabinets, UCS AT-ST.

Edited by exciter1
  • Like 2