What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

Just finished 10181 Eiffel Tower.

Works of art in my house before today: 0

Works of art in my house as of today: 1

The build was amazeballs too.

Yeah. I built mine the opposite way (top to bottom). Isn't it amazing how the lower 4 pillars meet together to support the upper 2 levels using a right corner building technique (in some cases using only 1 or 2 studs of a 2x3 brick?

Built 70402 and 70403, thrown in as extras to a CL deal. Missing 1 minifig, the dragon maxifig, and the stickers were never applied (and not included). 

Castlesystems.thumb.JPG.af3a0511090c8121

There was an extra minifig that didn't belong to the sets, unsure where he's from. I'll post a pic of him here and in the 'what's that brick' thread, any pointers would be great, I'm not familiar with the theme.

unknownknight.thumb.JPG.10a1d04a135fc15e

• Like 1

Built 70402 and 70403, thrown in as extras to a CL deal. Missing 1 minifig, the dragon maxifig, and the stickers were never applied (and not included). 

There was an extra minifig that didn't belong to the sets, unsure where he's from. I'll post a pic of him here and in the 'what's that brick' thread, any pointers would be great, I'm not familiar with the theme.

You should be able to do a simple search on Bricklink for the soldier using the shield.

I finished a used 7964 Republic Frigate I'd landed on eBay a while back. It was a really nice build, lots of different techniques, and the finished model is bigger than I expected and looks nice on display. I know CW sets are often derided, but this one is pretty cool with lots of surprises and nice play features. It will stay on the shelf for a month or so with Commander Wolfe riding in the rumble seat (aka the escape pod), and then I'll pack it up to list for sale again. 

Parisian Restaurant ... very detailed and extraordinary build / display! May have edged into my #1 modular spot...jury still out.

Just got Palace Cinema and am itching to build it.  Will be interested to see how it compares to the other modulars.  PR is definitely my favorite to date.  An elegant design.

Also, picking up a Giant Chess set Monday.  I can't WAIT to build this one!

image.thumb.jpg.46c61b488768406425f39d52

Edited by Quacs
  • Like 5

Parisian Restaurant ... very detailed and extraordinary build / display! May have edged into my #1 modular spot...jury still out.

Agreed. I have built each of the modulars since GE. PR wins. The details of the interior along with the roof. Slick. PC is a nice display piece, however. Gets a lot of attention from guests.
  • Like 1

Crazy. I built mine yesterday as well. I really liked the restaurant's kitchen outfit, some sweet realistic details packed into such a small space. And like rodeogeorge says, the roof was slick as well. It sort of bugs me that the only way into the suites is through the restaurant's patio; there's more room out back, they could've added a second staircase. Very nice build though, quite enjoyed it.

• Like 1