What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

I agree with you Alpine. I don't think it's discoloration as the color is very uniform. He has the old and new gray versions of 10030. It's really nice to be able to see the color difference. I have an old grey myself.

I have a new gray that I bought used easier this year that I need to put together. It really is striking to see them next to one another. I'm not sure which I like better.

I have a new gray that I bought used easier this year that I need to put together. It really is striking to see them next to one another. I'm not sure which I like better.

Keep the thread below in mind when you decide to build it. I posted some useful information about strengthening the inner frame to prevent sagging.

I don't have a preference with either color. You really can't go wrong either way. 10030 is in my top three Star Wars sets of all time. 

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/13988-question-on-imperial-star-destroyer-10030-old-gray-vs-new-gray/?page=1

• Like 1

Finished Detective's Office the other night.  It's definitely in my top 3 or 4 of modulars.  The colors are great.  The little "hiding of the barrel" is great in theory but in reality the spaces are so small in the building you can't fit your hand in there to actually play to the storyline they have created.  Not that I play with the modulars, but if you are going to have play features, there should be accessibility to actually do it.  Overall, the build is very straightforward.  Not a lot of advanced techniques that are commonplace with the modulars.  Printed pieces all around, though, so that was a huge plus. 

Riiiiiight. I bet most here play with the "kids lego" when they go to bed. Swooshing and swishing... heh. :)

Hah!  Modulars really don't get played with in our house, just because they are up on my desk.(though I'm about out of space with the whole series up there)  I have no problem swooshing a ship or driving a little car around the town when it's set up.  Sets like Olivia's House are much more conducive to play with the back open.

• Like 2

Finished Detective's Office the other night.  It's definitely in my top 3 or 4 of modulars.  The colors are great.  The little "hiding of the barrel" is great in theory but in reality the spaces are so small in the building you can't fit your hand in there to actually play to the storyline they have created.  Not that I play with the modulars, but if you are going to have play features, there should be accessibility to actually do it.  Overall, the build is very straightforward.  Not a lot of advanced techniques that are commonplace with the modulars.  Printed pieces all around, though, so that was a huge plus. 

We all kind of play with them don't we? ^.^ Even if it's just posing the minifigs ;-)

Yeah maybe the playfeature was not meant for adult hands... I think children can actually use that play feature. I mean I can with a little patience.

What would be your other 3 favorites? I bet PR is one of them... Firebrigard and Townhall? or Palace Cinema and Grand Emporium?

Hah!  Modulars really don't get played with in our house, just because they are up on my desk.(though I'm about out of space with the whole series up there)  I have no problem swooshing a ship or driving a little car around the town when it's set up.  Sets like Olivia's House are much more conducive to play with the back open.

Hah, me neither. I've been known to play with/pose them when I pick them up...  I do like building the Technic 16+ sets because it helps me feel a little bit older. :)

We all kind of play with them don't we? ^.^ Even if it's just posing the minifigs ;-)

Yeah maybe the playfeature was not meant for adult hands... I think children can actually use that play feature. I mean I can with a little patience.

What would be your other 3 favorites? I bet PR is one of them... Firebrigard and Townhall? or Palace Cinema and Grand Emporium?

Parisian Restaurant and Green Grocer are probably 1/2.  Fire Brigade and Pet Shop are at the bottom for me, with Cafe Corner above them.  If CC was done now with a decent interior, it would be further up the list. 

This is getting really awkward...

Why's that? 

With the recent price decline and subsequent thread explosion loathing the investment potential, I was inspired to build an Exo Suit. It was a pretty interesting build with some cool techniques. (I'm guessing it's not the most mind-blowing LEGO build as far as techniques used, but my MOCing skills are at the same place they were when I was 10...I'm 31...so I was impressed)

I'm glad I have one for investment, because it displays quite well.

• Like 1

What a marvelous set and great build.

Whoever says legosets from the 90's are boring... eat this!

Been trying to put this together from my own bulk lot. Need to bricklink some stuff though, jealous of your blue and yellow dome pieces there... Also short 1 chain link for the conveyor belt in the back. It's a fun build :) Nice one. 

• Like 1

My mind is fried to give a thorough review but it has a BIG footprint. The sand green and light blue buildings are awesome almost like building a modular. The "basement" of the tower is very different as it is the mechanics for the shadow theater which is in the back so not visible in the pic. The tower is a fast, simple but fun build. It looks pretty cool once you put it all together. 

• Like 4