What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

14 hours ago, Sandwraith said:
I've had BB8 built for a while now, but i finally finished up "rounding" or "anti-studding" him to better match my rounded dome R2. Didn't turn out as well as R2, but still happy with it. Mostly involved adding small tiles everywhere, but in some cases i did need to take the panels off and modify them a bit to hide some of the bigger studded pieces.

Looks great! Nicely done!

• Like 2

Did some TLBM building. Sets were 70910 Scarecrow Special Delivery and 70901 Mr. Freeze Ice Attack. The Batmen and Scarecrow minifigs were sold some time ago so do not appear in the pics.

Overall some nice builds. The mech looks pretty cool for its size. I especially like the pizza delivery vehicle, will be very useful in a city setting.

P1220990.thumb.JPG.16dd0edd0708781c1e38f770c4ac5f94.JPG

P1230011.thumb.JPG.75ebb0160184d4b456bd00d3cee584be.JPG

• Like 3

Finally got around to building 70615 Fire Mech. For me it was a must-buy since I saw the first picture of it leaking. So I really was anticipating the build. To make it short: the set didn't disappoint, in fact it's awesome. The mech is quite big, definitely not feeling small at all. The poseability is good enough for my liking.The only critique I have would be the amount of stickers in the set, especially a few larger ones which are more difficult to apply in my opinion.

For the picture I mixed in some 70607 Ninjago City Chase as background scenery, and left a few selected minifigs out.

P1230076.thumb.JPG.3905dc5cd9fff7a8b2346c5395b857a0.JPG

• Like 6

With all the negativity surrounding the Last Jedi AT-ST set.. i was regretting not picking up the Rogue One AT-ST. Luckily i found it for a little under retail. As with many Lego sets; it was much bigger than i thought and i'm glad i didn't miss out. I don't care for the Baze or Rebel Trooper, so i'll sell them off to offset the cost. Very cool set, a bit big to go next to my AT-AT in the Hoth display, but i'll find a spot.

IMG_7549.thumb.JPG.47d9869f7c9855dfb54752c52c7ee4bc.JPG

• Like 8

36 minutes ago, Sandwraith said:

With all the negativity surrounding the Last Jedi AT-ST set.. i was regretting not picking up the Rogue One AT-ST. Luckily i found it for a little under retail. As with many Lego sets; it was much bigger than i thought and i'm glad i didn't miss out. I don't care for the Baze or Rebel Trooper, so i'll sell them off to offset the cost. Very cool set, a bit big to go next to my AT-AT in the Hoth display, but i'll find a spot.

I built the AT-AT by raskolnikov and the AT-ST looks excellent beside it.

• Like 1

Built another TLBM set today. This time it was 70903 The Riddler Riddle Racer. I enjoyed the build and like the look of the final result.

As much as I like the racer I think it's just too big to fit into a regular city setting but the parts should prove useful for future MOCs. The minifigure selection is splendid with Magpie being my personal favorite. I already envision her in a normal city context without the giant shoulder pad. The omnipresent Batman minifig has been sold already as one standard TLBM Batman is more than enough for my collection.

P1230086.thumb.JPG.a08ee27166d1c01cbd423b61ed089850.JPG

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy
On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 2:34 PM, LegoWalker4 said:

Built the Dragster Transporter set and it was bought for its versatility.  So glad I bought a few for investment too.  This set seems to be a winner and we are using it as more a heavy cargo transport.  We have that one also.  1f60a.png

60151 was even good value at RRP and I got the bulk of mine at -50% along with another 10x from SaH at -30% as soon as I heard about EOL. I think these could reach 1.5x RRP in the UK buy Summer so nearly 3x buy-in, not bad for a 6 month hold. Let's wait and see.

I have one in a dinged box so I may as well build it and then sell later on.