What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

2 hours ago, fossilrock said:

My son and I have been building the Hoth rebel base.  I have to admit I don’t understand the hate for this one. We did add two large base plates and a lot of white plates to flush it out and we will probably add a tunnel and baca tank area.

The timing of the release made no sense.  The AT-AT had just retired.  And it was lacking substance for a $250 set.  

2 hours ago, Mathew said:

The timing of the release made no sense.  The AT-AT had just retired.  And it was lacking substance for a $250 set.  

I do agree it should have been a 199.99 set.  That I won't argue with, and I actually bought this one for 180 after tax, so I couldn't complain.  It's definitely not a bad set when you put it all together and plate it.  I think the hate on it is even more overrated.  My boy will get plenty of hours of playtime out of this one.. I do hope Cloud City is next.  ..  i'll buy all these large scale environment sets like this from the OT era.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

I do agree it should have been a 199.99 set.  That I won't argue with, and I actually bought this one for 180 after tax, so I couldn't complain.  It's definitely not a bad set when you put it all together and plate it.  I think the hate on it is even more overrated.  My boy will get plenty of hours of playtime out of this one.. I do hope Cloud City is next.  ..  i'll buy all these large scale environment sets like this from the OT era.

For me the main issue is that it's basically several regular, non-D2C sets, but with a D2C price tag. Compare that to the Ewok Village, which is a great display piece and quite a unique set.

4 minutes ago, Captain_chaos said:

For me the main issue is that it's basically several regular, non-D2C sets, but with a D2C price tag. Compare that to the Ewok Village, which is a great display piece and quite a unique set.

For someone like myself who passed on previous Hoth sets, AOH is a great "boxed set" of all the basic components to the Rebels side of the battle.

IMO, had this set not been labeled as a UCS and came in at $200, there would be far less complaining. 

My 60+ dad (being an absolute Solar / Wind / Alternate Energy Enthusiast) got from us a new LEGO Education (Energy) set and he couldnt resist and built this wind turbine within less than an hour.. I wouldnt expect that (so soon) .. so I think that besides he is really skilled it was an amazing xmas gift.. now he is waiting for some serious wind on the balcony to get some reading from the propellers on the attached energy meter (which was included in the set).. ?

171225 LEGO Wind mill 3.jpg

171225 LEGO Wind mill.jpg

• Like 9

7 hours ago, fossilrock said:

it looks amazing! .. I think that some flyer would get much more display value to it.. now.. it looks kinda.. deserted.. 

Saturn V

This is the first set I've ever built where I've thought to myself on multiple occasions: now did they design this (newer) part with this purpose in mind or did someone figure out later on that it could be used this way.

Maybe some of you who have built it can relate.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Brickpicker Forum mobile app