What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

Built over a span of a couple of months as I'm pretty busy with work, but I am happy with the outcomes. Picked up the houses in a used local lot and really like all three. I wish the current line of Creator Houses were more similar to these! My wife even suggested on her own that these would be neat to put together into a town set up one day, so that was a win.

I picked up the Detective's Office back in July when the Snowglobe and Piggy Bank were stacking. I was up in the middle of the night waiting for news on our puppy that was having to have emergency surgery, and it was definitely an impulse buy as I figured I was blowing an estimated 2-4k on the pup, whats a little bit more? Had a lot of fun building it and am impressed with some of the details, its a lot better in person than I gave it credit for before I bought it. Puppy turned out just fine as well...(the underwear she ate, not so much) 

A post here led me to that deal, and while I always appreciate the lead on discounted sets for resale, I'm always super grateful for the good deals on sets for personal builds, thanks all!

IMG_5058.jpg

Edited by legorunner
minor photo edit
  • Like 7

These 2. Well... the Ferrari was actually built 2 weeks ago, but three pieces were "missing", in the sense that they were either the wrong color, or replaced by another piece of (I guess) approximately the same weight. New box, bought online from Lego with double VIP. It's been a while since I encountered a sealed box with missing parts. The replacements arrived yesterday, so finally I could finish it. Looks better in real life than on pictures. Too bad of the visible blue technic pins. Have to have a look at that sometime.

And then there is Rey's speeder that I actually fixed a bit (IMNSHO). I don't fancy stud shooters, the front grille looked too square to me, and there were too many studs on top. So I experimented a bit.

_1130074-small.thumb.jpg.feef31f782bbe78f3d15a19ee35fc84d.jpg

_1130071-small.thumb.jpg.ddb4da1fbf488b784ebe41041c3ef3ff.jpg

• Like 5

I did finish the Ultimate Batmobile and took it home. No pics as I forgot. Still at hospital with the wife. Pulled out my used Black Pearl I've been piecing together. Pics below. I am missing Joshamee Gibbs, Davy's beard and Maccus hammer head top (one hand but should have one of those at home).  Expect to finish this weekend.

If anyone has a deal on the Joshamee, the beard and hammerhead part let me know. Thanks!

IMG_2185.JPG

IMG_2186.JPG

Edited by Halfrig
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Cheese said:
Another one of the old UCS sets ticked off. Still compares well with its newer counterpart.

Looks great! I was thinking of picking up the old X Wing as well...

Is it worth picking up for more than 2X the price of a Red 5? (I think I know it's not "worth" it but you know...

Or should I save that money for a different older UCS that hasn't been redone?

Looks great! I was thinking of picking up the old X Wing as well...

Is it worth picking up for more than 2X the price of a Red 5? (I think I know it's not "worth" it but you know...

Or should I save that money for a different older UCS that hasn't been redone?

The answer is to buy a 10212 Shuttle and you will NOT be disappointed.
  • Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 4:44 AM, swatkills456 said:

Falcon 75192.. as a builder I would love to build this!! As an investor I don't mind not opening it and making some cash years later.. what would you do if you had yours now. Flip it for a quick buck? Build it? Or simply invest for long term? 

Please give me your opinions!! 

Sell it!  Easy, it's brand new, not limited and will be back for purchase later.  Make money and wait for it to come back later, it's just a toy,

• Like 1